test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patching Problems Again, any developpements on this matter?

arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
@strumslinger @kreatyve hi

coming with an update from my post on patch note forum page

Patched 525.3 MB / 635 MB

Received 2507.5 MB - 82 %

value keeps increasin,

dont tell me to reinstal the game or restart my machine, already done it, and i have 96 GB free disk space

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I don't know what else to suggest. I am not a dev and don't have the technical knowledge to figure out what could be causing this. Only other thing I can think of having you try probably won't work either, but if you are willing to try it, navigate to the Piggs folder in your Neverwinter folder, and delete all the .hogg files (not joking about the file names). This remove all previous patches and force you to completely repatch. Perhaps it's something in a previous patch that's causing issues with patching the current patch? As I stated, it might not work, but it's at least worth trying. Please let me know if it does work. If it doesn't, I honestly don't have anything else to suggest, personally.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    thats the same thing as reinstall the game, game will reupdate everything,

this problems started during mod 9 maze engine patch, i noticed that each ~600mb received it updatades Patched value by 0.1MB, its a joke, ty for the advise @kreatyve. no dev available to fix it?
  • Options
    omg 16gb of patching ^^, guess i will only play the game tomorow, please address this matter to devs.

Ty @kreatyve @strumslinger
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Maybe @terramak or @panderus would be able to offer assistance if they aren't too busy? They are both really smart and may be able to point you in the right direction at least.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    @arcanjo86 Are you starting the game through Arc? I know that Arc has been running updates on their servers (starting at the same time as mod 9 patch came out - see note at top of forums)

I don't know if this will help, but if you are going through Arc, try starting the game directly from the Neverwinter.exe file. It should be in your Neverwinter folder. I have heard that sometimes if Arc is updating, it can stall NW.

Another thing to try is as the launcher is updating, press Ctrl-X and see what it's trying to update. If it stalls on a particular file for a while, try exiting the game, and rename/move just that file. Then relaunch and see if you can get it to update past that one.

Hopefully, it's just a "wrapper" problem :smile: gl
  • Options
    cyngiacyngia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Wondering if anyone can shed some light on why Neverwinter will not play for me, I get to login stage and thats where it stays. I have Windows 10, all the other games play its just this one, I have put it in to Play as Admin stage and still cannot work it out...I am at a total loss....
  • Options
    edited March 2016

@arcanjo86 Are you starting the game through Arc? I know that Arc has been running updates on their servers (starting at the same time as mod 9 patch came out - see note at top of forums)

I don't know if this will help, but if you are going through Arc, try starting the game directly from the Neverwinter.exe file. It should be in your Neverwinter folder. I have heard that sometimes if Arc is updating, it can stall NW.

Another thing to try is as the launcher is updating, press Ctrl-X and see what it's trying to update. If it stalls on a particular file for a while, try exiting the game, and rename/move just that file. Then relaunch and see if you can get it to update past that one.

Hopefully, it's just a "wrapper" problem :smile: gl

i reinstall the game using ARC , running it, updating, pressed ctrl+x shows

Path | State | Blocks | % | Rq'd

"fmv/LaunchVideo.bik" REQ_DATA 144152 20.3 500kb

whats the meaning of this, is something wrong with launch video?

@terramak @panderus @kreatyve @strumslinger @blackjackwidow
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Unistalled the game from arc, running now on steam updating, pressed ctrl+x and it shows 2 shader files downloading on a loop on those same files stucked in 66%, this is urgent fixes, because it has past the reset daily time and i dont want to lose my vip benefits in game, also misssing professions event, my daily rad, grind some stuff for guild coffer, you know game stuff( specialy now that i have 8 different class toons)

@terramak @panderus @kreatyve @blackjackwidow if u guys can please get in contact with them and do something about this matter
  • Options
    sniper06#2785 sniper06 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Guys use the patching proxy
  • Options
    @sniper06 nothing changed at all
  • Options
    @magenubbie i have 106 gb free space do u thinks its a harddrive problem, and reinstalling game once again...

trying to use patching proxy once again, guess its worse
  • Options

arcanjo86 said:

@magenubbie i have 106 gb free space do u thinks its a harddrive problem, and reinstalling game once again...

Disk space has nothing to do with the issue, nor did I imply anything of the sort. If you keep downloading data to a damaged part of your hard drive over and over, you're getting nowhere. And that fast. Which is why I made the suggestions I made above: To rule out the possible cause of your problems being a damaged hard drive. We already know it's not on Cryptic's end. So we have to try and narrow things down by trial and error.
    reinstaling the game over and over again thats were the solution was going, but doing that all the time the game has to get a new patch i dont think is my side of problem.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    @arcanjo86 - what @magenubbie was saying is to try installing to a DIFFERENT drive. You might have a problem on the sector of your drive where you're downloading. If you don't have another drive to use, or you don't want to do that, then try running an error check on the drive, possibly a defrag.

Also, you didn't say you had tried my suggestion to run the game without Arc or Steam. You don't have to uninstall or reinstall anything to try this - just go to the Neverwinter folder on your hard drive and double-click neverwinter.exe. You also didn't seem to look at the link that @kreatyve suggested: https://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4120/tpc/4120

If none of these things work, there is nothing Neverwinter, the devs, the mods or forum users trying to help can do for you. This is a problem either with your internet connection, your hard drive, your software or firewall, or possibly a pebkac problem.
  • Options
    kaldenkalden Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hi. I had a similar problem with patching. It kept getting stuck at fmv/LaunchVideo.bik.

So what I did was deleted the game, restart my com, reinstalled the game via arc.

Opened launcher, under option, patching I chose force verified. And everything went well.

Up until a new patch begin because force verified got untick. So again I ran into problem with fmv/LaunchVideo.bik.

I dunno what happened but I hope it may help.