test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove tenacity from gear and place it on the character sheet.

2»

Comments

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Keep the gear as it is, so new players are more likely to die faster in PVP because they don't have access to tenacity gear. It's better that they should have to acquire tenacity than have it given to them.
    You don't maintain armor sets...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I don't care, tenacity or not I won't PVP.

Cryptic, I am sure, makes much more money getting people to maintain 2 sets of gear.

I can barely maintain 1 set. I have been playing since mod 1 and still don't have a BiS character. One of the many reasons I quite PvP (although this being a small part of why I don't PvP anymore) so I could focus on 1 set of BiS gear. Even when I was PvPing my PvP gear wasn't great, it was good, but I just couldn't handle the lopsided matches. Either I was stomping or more often than not getting stomped, either way I was not having fun in PvP. I think the que system needs a major overhaul and PvP should have it own ability tree that way when it comes to balancing PvE or PvP powers it doesn't break or gimp abilities used for either. I understand that in PvE that BiS is not required to functionally play all content, but the same can not be said for PvP.
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    I dont care much PVP in this game but how are they gonna make high-end pvp players farm new gear every one or two mod.There are also kits,black ice enhacements on your gear you need to apply everytime.All of them means Astral diamonds and that means Zen purchase by rich players.And your offer will mean skill(or macros) wins over gear and that is a big NO-NO in this companies' business model

I know they shouldnt think this way about their players but this is the harsh reality.
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    Give all players a base tenacity equal to the tenacity of the lionsmane gear set and allow them to chose their gear as they like for bonuses and stats.
    dsn1118 said:

I dont care much PVP in this game but how are they gonna make high-end pvp players farm new gear every one or two mod.There are also kits,black ice enhacements on your gear you need to apply everytime.All of them means Astral diamonds and that means Zen purchase by rich players.And your offer will mean skill(or macros) wins over gear and that is a big NO-NO in this companies' business model

I know they shouldnt think this way about their players but this is the harsh reality.

The difference is thus, Lionsmane gear would retain it's tenacity bonus, thus giving a slight edge, or if you'd prefer the bonus of a different set (i.e. dusk, drow, dragon) then you can opt for less tenacity. The mastercraft rings also give a slight edge, thus still making them desirable.

Many end game PVPers would then go mastercraft for the extra tenacity and farm SH siege for the lionsmane gear but it would only be a slight advantage, not the gawdlike advantage it gives now. It's a step towards making gear a little less important while still giving players incentive to obtain it.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    Give all players a base tenacity equal to the tenacity of the lionsmane gear set and allow them to chose their gear as they like for bonuses and stats.
    Yes.
    But need a curve to incrense (lV5 = 0 tenacity, LV 70 - Lionsmane base tenacity).
    And PVP gear keep bonus (PVP player = LV70 base tenacity + gear bonus).

This will balance much PVP. B)
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User

Best thing to balance PVP are softcaps to everything. Implementing Tenacity means newbies will be unable to kill anyone, ergo quits. If you make instead 'tolkien' (any geared) harder to buff his toon newbie still get knocked but with a chance to 'play' he will not quit. That's the only real way to do the things in the right way.

I'm not sure I fully understand you here but it's a bit late to worry about me gearing my toons as most of them are already geared in at least decent gear with tenacity, the issue is mainly that Pugs without tenacity will ALWAYS be one shotted by end game players and won't be able to do any damage to tenacity wearing players that is worth while.

If you give everyone tenacity they won't be one shotted and will have an opportunity to learn some skill in PVP rather than being insta killed when they hop down from the campfire.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    dabeast969dabeast969 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Keep the gear as it is, so new players are more likely to die faster in PVP because they don't have access to tenacity gear. It's better that they should have to acquire tenacity than have it given to them.
    Why the need to nerf the PvP gear that many of us have EARNED. Instead of nerfing the gear and player abilities the best thing would be to implement a viable Match Making system that pairs up players of equal gear scores. I spent a lot of time getting my butt handed to me to get the gear I have and don't need a bunch of newbs that get gear equal to what I have already acquired. As far as having to have two sets of gear and swapping out chants between the sets another solution is just as simple as implementing a working match making system. That being a dual spec ability for the character which allows for the second set of gear as well as a second set of stats that are usable in PvP. As mentioned in several of the posts it seems the devs could care less about working on making PvP workable in the game. they are more driven by releasing more broken content without fixing the broken content previously released. Good luck with seeing any changes come to PvP any time soon. Been playing for over a year now and have yet to see any of the issues brought up over and over again about PvP, yet they seem to release some PvE content changes every 3 months.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Separate PvP into two queues:
    Queue 1, with all the bells and whistles.

Queue 2, every player can pick a preset equipment set (tank, healer, dps) for his class, and then join the battlefield.
    No extras from boons, enchantments, mounts and/or buff food.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Queue 2, every player can pick a preset equipment set (tank, healer, dps) for his class, and then join the battlefield.

Queue 2, Well now this sounds interesting....
    If the broken/bugged mechanics are fixed of course.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited March 2016

regenerde said:

Queue 2, Well now this sounds interesting....
    If the broken/bugged mechanics are fixed of course.
    The fixes/patches for broken/bugged mechanics might also happen in time, but at least two different queues would be a starting point to improve PvP further more in the future.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Why grind PvE gear at all if you prefer PvP, or even have any intention of doing PvP at all? PvP gear is perfectly suitable for all PvE situations - the very minor reduction you might get from tenacity on your gear rather than some other stat is irrelevant in PvE.

I don't PvP mostly because I can't stand the bulk of the people I encounter there. How many times must I endure someone pretending up hump my dead body before I just give up and go play with the grown ups? And don't even start with the chat - I usually flip over to a tab that's party-only so I don't have to listen to the foul-mouthed rants and taunts. That's all before we even get into the imbalances...

Point is - you don't need two sets of gear if you intend to PvP, you just need the pvp gear. Good luck getting it though. Hope you enjoyed kindergarten, because you'll be going back if you want the PvP gear. :)