test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How does the Box of Augmentation work, please ?

wharfrat5wharfrat5 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

Answers

• googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Off-hand artifact weapons have a bonus power attached to them but possibly not the one that fits your build. With 4 of these cubes you can unlock a different bonus, but you don't get to choose which. And for an extra fee (AD) you can swap between these bonuses.
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Plus on your off-hand you can increase the stat of the "artifact stat increase". Once you get the off0hand to Epic, this unlcoks a random stat increase like Combat Advantage bonus, or AP gain etc. Using 4 cubes you can roll for a random stat, and if you have the stat you want you can increase the total number of the stat. For example, my Pally unlocked the AP Gain stat 1st try, so I kept it. Then I used 1 Cube to increase the rating from like 150 AP gain all the way to 400 AP Gain. Note, the amount you gain is random. I got a good 250, but I could have gotten 10. And I think the max is 400 for each of the stats.
  • wharfrat5wharfrat5 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Only works on off hand ?
  • wharfrat5wharfrat5 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    By the way THANKS, will try after maintenance shut down.
  • nightshift56#8963 nightshift56 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Not just for off-hand, the main hand artifact weapon has one also.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Main hand artifact power. Randomly chosen when you receive the item. To change it cost 4 cubes of augmentation. When you hit X under manage artifact powers it randomly chooses the next one.
    For off hand it follows the same idea although it has an additional stat power which cost 4 cubes of augmentation as well. When you have the category you like you can additionally roll that stat for 1 cube of augmentation to get a value of 1-400 with 400 being the best value. It can be quite costly to get the artifact powers you want but quite helpful as well.
    P.S. Wonderous Bazaar 4 cubes of augmentation (12.5k each) 50k AD, right now AH prices 6k each (24k ish)... Food for thought.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I will add that the cost of the cubes on the AH should go down now, like the dragon eggs, they drop from the New Life lock boxes quite often. Yesterday I noticed the dragon eggs were down to 17K :)
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    You basically purchase 4 x AC and try to get the feature you want on one of your artifact weapons. This never works until you are on the last feature available and always costs the maximum possible, somewhere between 100 and 400 k AD. |Idea is as usual to exhaust your AD stash and encourage you to buy ZEN. Hope that answers your question.