test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tr is it competitive in PVE ?

mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
Hello.

I'm tired of the actual Pinball-Ambutshery pvp in this game, and i emigrated in a black desert kingdom for pvp. But, for the next weeks, i will stay in NWO for my guild, and i project to resp. for a PVE build.

So, my question is simple : A 3K TR with an optimised DPS build can be competitive against an optimised same ilvl CW/GWF/SW in terms of efficiency ?

I did few CN runs with my old Exe-pvp build ( 50M dmg ) and with a prototype PVE build ( 80M ), with a 2 DPS team ( my 3K TR and a 2.9k GWF who did 110-130M in each runs), and i know i can improve my results with few adjustments ( better vorpal, better bondings, better gear ) in my rotation, my feats and my stats, but, since i have to stay and play this game for weeks, my point is : if i optimize this build, it is really possible to compete with thoses big blades guys ?

I don't ask for a build, or advices, just if you, as TRs, have seen competitives PVE DPS TR ?

I know a TR can be useful as a support or as a secondary DPS, but, i search a goal for occupy my mind during coming weeks.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my Gtrad english.

Comments

• Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    an Exe MI TR can be a really strong competitor in single target and can hold his ground during low target count AOE fights. The main issue is that the TR just doesn't fit into the current PvE environment, there are no single target fights where you have to eliminate a dangerous target as quickly as possible. It all comes down to speed-killing bosses and whatnot. With the right amount of buffs and debuffs, a GWF/SW/CW/TrapperHR can handle those situations because fights just dont last lost enough and they are outperforming the rogue in AOE.

However, the rogue is really fun and in my own opinion, really close to the single target DPS a GWF can deal.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Other classes might have better AoE, but do a LA + DF on a boss at 30% life and tell me you don't smile.
  • Options
    trill34trill34 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    If gear, build optimization and skill are all equal, a GWF will do more damage than a TR every time.

SWs can be DPS beasts too, if they're done right, and there are some HRs out there who can crush in PVE (few and far between, but it happens).

• Options
    trill34 said:

If gear, build optimization and skill are all equal, a GWF will do more damage than a TR every time.

And CWs ? I met some monstruous wizards who can compete with GWF.

SW's are beasts in T2s, because like most EXEs, more a mob have HP, more they can do damages.
  • Options
    crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    aaramis75 said:

but do a LA + DF on a boss at 30% life and tell me you don't smile.

Can you complete a full Flurry with LA? I'm exe, too, but I get like maybe 3/4 of the Flurry in stealth. Do you need Tenacious Consealment's stealth regen at rank 4 to get a full Flurry?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Depending of your feats, but you can usually do the flurry, without the first 2 hits, and end up with an encounter.

For a full Flurry, need probably ICS feat 5/5 + TConsealment 4/4 + SoD + LA.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    ^^ Yep, exactly. I tend not to run Tenacious, so for me when using LA it's wait out the first two hits, then stealth for the flurry. I can pretty much fit the whole thing in. You lose 15% stealth per at-will, and the flurry not counting the initial two swings is what...7 or 8 hits? So with the stealth quickly refilling from LA, you should be able to do it np.

If no LA is available, I tend to stealth halfway through the flurry to get the last few hits in, resulting in a crit bleed, and usually have enough leftover stealth to still do an encounter. But I digress :) My initial point was that the damage output can be absolutely insane:

Boss <30% = +25% damage from Last Moments; +25% from Deathknell; +5% from Vicious Pursuit which should always be up, really; +30% from Lurker's at rank4; +25% from Back Alley Tactics since you just used a daily; +20% from Invisible Infiltrator rank4, and perhaps an extra 5% from the offhand artifact power if you have it. That's a whole lot of whooparse, which coincidentally is also going to be auto-crit and auto-CA since you're doing it from stealth.

Throw in a Wheel for a further +30% damage for extra silliness.
  • Options
    crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    To clarify: When I say "complete a full flurry" I mean the actual flurry part of DF (8 hits, or something?), not the first 2, slow hits.
    So, I'm missing the mentioned feat ICS, because I thought: "if the stealth drain from at-wills is %-based, it doesn't matter if I have 20% more, or not"
    Without this feat, and not having TC at rank 4, I get like maybe 5-6 of the 8 hits of the flurry, and was wondering how to get more.
    aaramis75 said:

If no LA is available, I tend to stealth halfway through the flurry to get the last few hits in, resulting in a crit bleed

I read this tip elsewhere, and tried it, but couldn't figure out which flurry hit determines the "crit or non-crit" of the bleed. I do it just as you, stealthing halfway through but still don't get a crit bleed consistently.

• Options
    akuji2012mattakuji2012matt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    a tr can do well in pvp if played well
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2016

To clarify: When I say "complete a full flurry" I mean the actual flurry part of DF (8 hits, or something?), not the first 2, slow hits.
    So, I'm missing the mentioned feat ICS, because I thought: "if the stealth drain from at-wills is %-based, it doesn't matter if I have 20% more, or not"
    Without this feat, and not having TC at rank 4, I get like maybe 5-6 of the 8 hits of the flurry, and was wondering how to get more.

aaramis75 said:

If no LA is available, I tend to stealth halfway through the flurry to get the last few hits in, resulting in a crit bleed

I read this tip elsewhere, and tried it, but couldn't figure out which flurry hit determines the "crit or non-crit" of the bleed. I do it just as you, stealthing halfway through but still don't get a crit bleed consistently.

The bleed works as last bleed stack x number of stacks.
    So if you have 8 stacks already, you want to stealth at the beginning to get the additional 2 to crit (the 10 is what matteres).
    If you have 6 you want to stealth at the end, hopefully you will get the 2-3 not in stealth and the last one in.

After you have 10 it will be refreshed but the damage will be there, so sometimes if you see it not criting and it's a looooong fight (no buffs/no debuffs low geared party) it's sometimes can be usefull to drop the bleeds and start over to make it crit, because the bleed is about 30% of total damage and much more on bosses.