test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CN set came back... what now?

ahmadrubatahmadrubat Member Posts: 70 Arc User
I was very happy when I read they bringing back the old CN set as free appearance changers (perfect weapons for my HR) and I just have a question about it: Is there any chance to bring back all of the old sets as free appearance change items in the future? I think it would be really nice because a lot players miss them (fallen dragon, dread legion, profound etc. set). A poll about it would be nice too who wants them back, huh?! ^^

Comments

• ainarelainarel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    Oh yes
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    This whole thing was a complete failure and the DEVs totally get the point that people were previously making.

We wanted all the GOOD unique gear to be returned. All they did was bring back one set, just one set of gear, and it's bland generic HAMSTER that looks the same as the green/blue generics that drop.

We're talking about all the old boss drops and other sets that were yanked out, like the Dread Legion and Draconic Templar sets.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Dread legion set looks amazing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    ghoulz66 said:

This whole thing was a complete failure and the DEVs totally get the point that people were previously making.

We wanted all the GOOD unique gear to be returned. All they did was bring back one set, just one set of gear, and it's bland generic HAMSTER that looks the same as the green/blue generics that drop.

We're talking about all the old boss drops and other sets that were yanked out, like the Dread Legion and Draconic Templar sets.

They don't get it--or don't want to get it more like. It wasn't that hard to figure out. People have requested these transmutes over and over since they sucked out all the content in Mod 6. And no, they haven't put ANY of the content back, either.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    This CN is only a half-baked version of the classic CN... :((((((((
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    Some of the dungeons have returned after being "away for repairs" for almost a full year. The ones still MIA are;
    Lair of the Mad Dragon - Helm's Hold
    Throne of Idris - Ebon Downs
    Spellplague Caverns - The Chasm
    The Dread Vault - Whispering Caverns
    Fardelver's Crypt & Dwarf King Crypt - Gauntlgrym

I would like to see them return as well.

What am I missing? I played Cloak Tower and Skyhold, I see no difference what-so-ever. If there was "repairs" what exactly was fixed? Also I have several complaints from my guild members, who are getting kicked, stuck, and client crashes, all while playing these dungeons. Before some mod chimes in, Yes I am having them submit tickets. But I find this whole thing highly unacceptable. I work Monday through Friday and expect a little less stress, from my games meant to relieve stress, on the weekends. I was hoping for a less buggy mod this time around. If my team produced this inferior quality, they would be out looking for jobs and so would I.

I hope to see improvements soon and not just damaged patch on this, I also realize the developers don't read this. Just wanted to express my concerns for the game. I was looking for enjoyment and got nothing but stressed this whole weekend.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    You are missing the fact that the returned dungeons are the non-epic ones and they sre simply not worth running for lvl 70 players.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ahmadrubatahmadrubat Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Awh, the memories. Throne of Idris is my all time favourite dungeon! And the old GG dungeons... damn I miss the old GG event (collect stuffs then pvp and dungeons...) except that we couldn't queue for gg pvp anytime. But like we see they working on the old dungeons they bringed back some of them... without epic version that sux, but they working on it. I hope.
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    Guys, look at technical point of view. More different appearances means more pressure to the engine. Just imagine EVERY client in area should have in memory all possible appearances or load them when new player enter visible range. In both cases each new appearance increases required memory and time necessary to load them from disk.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I don't have issues queueing for non-epic content. Queue for Karrundax? It's up and you're loaded in within 30 seconds. Queue for every single epic dungeon? Have fun twiddling your thumbs for the next hour or two.

About the only piece of epic content I can queue and get into in a meaningful amount of time is Throne. You still end up pugging into incompetent/weak groups sometimes, but you can ditch and be in a new instance within a minute or two. At best you can pre-made some stuff, but good luck getting any invites if you aren't around 3k+. I have a 2.6k GWF that can out-dps my 2.9k TR, but the TR gets invited waaaaaaaaay more often than the GWF.

So, yeah, screw epic content. I'll just run generic dungeons as quickly as I can to get my 5k+ rAD on a bunch of characters, instead. I'm still losing income because of their failed implementation, but there's no point in pretending it's not failed and trying to do what you used to.
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Nothing is missed. Old dungeons, original lore style and meta are dead. Now the game not only reuses exiting location content, but evolving lore on same locations within different time. If PWE contract with DND IP owners included Godzilla, we would fight Godzilla, even placed in absurd location for it, like ELOL. From mod 4 the game is advertisement platform.

About leveling dungeons:

Leveling version of dungeons before mod 6 used to be well balanced between being hard enough (GWD, SP) and it much better adapted to new (not yet paying) players. If a player scored them with different roles (dps/tank/healer) in proper bracket teams, it was much completion of the game.

What happens now?

1) 3 man dungeons are mediocre in challenge, the design assumes any 3 classes now should complete them.

2) Corridor-style without a single "secret boss", alternative route, even adjacent rooms on path were removed.

3) Impact on experience of new player when party with level 70. If level 70 crashes into party, he clear everything in blink of eye. Leveling player is going to do a dungeon for some heroic experience, probably first and maybe last time.

Solution can be to make own parties, but ideally queue system should not party level 70 and leveling players together.

Previously, it was limited ability to enter player out of bracket to such, only with custom party. Bracket existed for reason, it was too narrow in some cases, over-leveling was too easy to miss Idris/SP.

4) Queue system spawns everyone in beginning, so people have to walk all dungeon from start to end to last boss.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    sameriker said:

Some of the dungeons have returned after being "away for repairs" for almost a full year. The ones still MIA are;
    Lair of the Mad Dragon - Helm's Hold
    Throne of Idris - Ebon Downs
    Spellplague Caverns - The Chasm
    The Dread Vault - Whispering Caverns
    Fardelver's Crypt & Dwarf King Crypt - Gauntlgrym

I would like to see them return as well.

What am I missing? I played Cloak Tower and Skyhold, I see no difference what-so-ever. If there was "repairs" what exactly was fixed? Also I have several complaints from my guild members, who are getting kicked, stuck, and client crashes, all while playing these dungeons. Before some mod chimes in, Yes I am having them submit tickets. But I find this whole thing highly unacceptable. I work Monday through Friday and expect a little less stress, from my games meant to relieve stress, on the weekends. I was hoping for a less buggy mod this time around. If my team produced this inferior quality, they would be out looking for jobs and so would I.

I hope to see improvements soon and not just damaged patch on this, I also realize the developers don't read this. Just wanted to express my concerns for the game. I was looking for enjoyment and got nothing but stressed this whole weekend.

Attention Moderator: This got spliced into a topic titled "CN SET CAME BACK... WHAT NOW?" How does my comment even mention CN or the ELITE Dungeons? This is a pathetic attempt to bury a topic. Better bring a bigger shovel, I have the honest truth on my side. I express a genuine concern about a game, I have vested time and money in, and you treat me time and time again, as if I were some lousy internet troll. Karma has its rewards.

Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    CN is the new ELOL. :/
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Awh, the memories. Throne of Idris is my all time favourite dungeon! And the old GG dungeons... damn I miss the old GG event (collect stuffs then pvp and dungeons...) except that we couldn't queue for gg pvp anytime. But like we see they working on the old dungeons they bringed back some of them... without epic version that sux, but they working on it. I hope.

They worked on them for a whole year and simply brought back 4 levelling dungeons and a damaged CN. Don't count on seeing the other dungeons anytme soon. Certainly not intact.