test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paladin as main?

xivirianaxiviriana Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Now I do think this topic has been around before, but if it was it seems long ago. Anyhow.
I would like to know how many of you use the Paladin as your main character? Or is it more a side-character for you?

I've been more and more on my Paladin lately. Think it's becoming my main somewhat, after having played a Cleric as main for a long time.

Comments

• Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    OP was always an alt of mine, and a mostly unused one at that. However, with this past 2xRP, I got to 2500 IL on her and am having a blast. Soloing is still boring and slow, but dungeons are getting fun.

Definitely tempted to get her to 3+k.
  • Options
    Yes, completely agree. Solo PvE with a Paladin is not much fun because it's too slow. I always take a guildy or friend with me. Preferably a DPS guildy of course haha. This mainly for the boon daily quests like IWD and Dread Ring. :D
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    I guess my Paladin is my main character, but kind of shares that title with my HR. He's certainly the most well-geared out of all my characters.

Sad thing is, as you become more and more geared, and start running with people with equal gear level, they don't actually need your healing anymore. Right now, my barely 2k Righteous DC sees the inside of CN more than my OP does, because he provides so much more buffing that the run is actually faster than when I would bring my OP. I guess this goes for the Protector side, too. A Guardian Fighter just brings more.

When it comes to soloing, I've not had much issue since I started him. I would recommend you slot Templar's Wrath, Burning Light and whatever on the third slot. Add Aura of Courage and go to town. Stuff just melts around me. If you're running a High Crit OP, add the Lostmauth set. If you've got an Owlbear buddy with you, avoid crit and go full HP/Power.

Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    Thanks for the small little tip at the end. Will try that out. [: