test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My favorite mounts (appearance & animation-wise)

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
edited March 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Here are my most-liked mounts, for their appearances and/or various animations (in no particular order):

1. Black Horse - Yeah, I know this one is pretty boring, but I like how its armor *doesn't* have any excessive spikes or garish details. It's great for more mundane characters, or those who wouldn't have a very fanciful mount.
2. Hell Hound - It has a cool summon animation, the run animation is cool, (really conveys a sense of speed, IMO), and just looks mean overall. It's the perfect mount for a SW or any dark/infernal character.
3. Yeth Hound - Is it a cat? Is it a dog? I don't know, but it has a sleek look and feels like you're traveling with purpose whilst riding it. The glowing eyes add an otherworldly touch to it.
4. Guard Drake - If you want your mount to convey power and ruggedness, then this is the mount for you. It's big and intimidating, and leaves electricity in its wake. When you tap space while riding this creature, it rears up on its hind legs and lets out a sort of "electric roar".
5. Armored Ghost Horse - This one is kind of interesting - first, while it *is* a horse, it has a different gait than the other ones - almost a drifting/gliding quality to it. It's also nearly transparent - you need to be in a dark area to really see all the details. If you like to appear as if you're gliding around on nothing in most well-lit areas, then this is the mount for you.

Well, those are my 5. What are yours?
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by bioshrike on

Comments

• Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Armored Bear. My first mount and only mount Ive ever reguarly used.
    Why? Because my dwarf GWF looked dope on it. (I maybe should of picked a war pig, always thought the pig was funny to jump around on. Also would fit GWF dwarf thematically with LOTR. Still bear was there from the start.)

The shadow wolf had the dark look with the glow that matched some of my characters, also.

I never had, but the Tenser Disk always looked cool and you kind of "glided".

Really, those are the only 3 Ive liked. The new tank looking thing just would look like your going to dominate something, so I probably would like that. Also I am partial to griffins, so that's my 5.

Edit: I forgot the Stag. Still a "majestic" looking mount. So minus tank since not out, + stag.

We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    Truth be told, the Polar Bear would have made the list as well, but it runs with this really weird limp, which both takes away from the aesthetic and makes the mount feel slower than it actually is.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums