test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic crashes while loading

jenova498jenova498 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I can not even get my Neverwinter to open, as soon as the program begins loading it crashes. I did not have this issue prior to the newest update. I am using windows 10. U.S. east server. Have filed crash report from computer when it happens.

Comments

• tazdevil666tazdevil666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi, Sorry if i'm bothering you, but i have a issues while the game is loading... This is the message that come every time since i patch the maze engine: "Fatal Error:Direct3d driver returned error code(D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while creating pixel shader ".... Any Suggestion. Thank you...
  • casey0267casey0267 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Hi, Sorry if i'm bothering you, but i have a issues while the game is loading... This is the message that come every time since i patch the maze engine: "Fatal Error:Direct3d driver returned error code(D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while creating pixel shader ".... Any Suggestion. Thank you...

A friend of mine is getting the same error as you, we have tried everything, he has a laptop (that used to play this game great until mod 8, now it lags so bad it's not worth playing on, but before mod 9 he could still log in to invoke) and a pc both of which are getting the same error as you are.......any suggestions out there???
  • divitusdivitus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    jenova498 said:

I can not even get my Neverwinter to open, as soon as the program begins loading it crashes. I did not have this issue prior to the newest update. I am using windows 10. U.S. east server. Have filed crash report from computer when it happens.

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the exact same problem, and, believe me, it's been happening for longer than you think. I've been having the same problems since the last quarter of 2014, and, the last time I asked, it was because Windows 10 had some problems running the game due to the Devs lack of knowledge of the drivers involved. It's been almost an entire year since I asked, and I still am having problems.

It's very unfortunate, but it seems that Windows 10 is pretty much useless when running any Arc Client. I have also been using compatibility mode with Windows 8. That seems to be listing a whole lot more problems there...

The common solutions included putting compatibility mode to a previous OS. It specifically mentions the XP SP2, for some odd reason. I'm testing my theory tonight...

EDIT: Turns out my theory was correct. The game ran perfectly fine after changing compatibility to XP SP2. I'd expected it to work on a later OS, but it seems that isn't the case. Get on to it, Neverwinter!
    Post edited by divitus on
  • torby00torby00 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @casey0267 said:
    > Hi, Sorry if i'm bothering you, but i have a issues while the game is loading... This is the message that come every time since i patch the maze engine: "Fatal Error:Direct3d driver returned error code(D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while creating pixel shader ".... Any Suggestion. Thank you...
    >
    > A friend of mine is getting the same error as you, we have tried everything, he has a laptop (that used to play this game great until mod 8, now it lags so bad it's not worth playing on, but before mod 9 he could still log in to invoke) and a pc both of which are getting the same error as you are.......any suggestions out there???

Nice , got the same on win7 SP1 32-bit

NOTHING seems to solve this

Fatal error : Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while Creating pixel shader.
  • casey0267casey0267 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    @torby00 I have never been able to get an answer to this problem, my friend decided to stop playing until he can afford a new computer. We both tried everything we found on the internet and this seems to be an issue with other online games too, maybe by reviving this thread once in awhile someone will know how to fix this. Sorry I can't be of any better help to you
  • stepjr#2562 stepjr Member Posts: 1 New User
    i just downloaded this game and have this same exact problem.... any developers mind fixing? probably losing people from it
  • schattenuss#3600 schattenuss Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have the same error and i fix it at the launcher-> Options->scroll down to the command line-> -usesm20
    This work for me.
  • angelofedenangelofeden Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I can not get into NeverWinter at all i keep receiving an error code from cryptic saying that it cannot load due to a freeze error