test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Issues with the Stronghold Siege Tutorial.

soulcrystal214soulcrystal214 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2016 in Bug Reports (PC)
Far as I have been able to tell, the Stronghold Siege Tutorial quest is meant for parties of players, preferably with a healer. Okay, fine. But why in the Nine Hells does it allow a single player to take the quest, and not warn the player that it's meant for a party? (Yes, I know you can only take it if you're part of a guild, but not everyone works well in a party.) I was playing a lvl 61 (well, that was the lvl he was normally, the tutorial had him at the lvl cap) tiefling guardian fighter (swordsmaster) at the time, and while I did manage well enough for the most part, I got stuck on the flaming metal golem thing (don't remember what that thing was called).

I could do nothing to make any kind of noticeable dent on that thing, no matter what tactics I tried, and every time I died its health always healed back perfectly - now, I'm not complaining about the difficulty of the golem itself if it's something intended to be taken on by a party, but for the love of Chauntea, if a quest is impossible for a single player (within reason, as I cannot buy Zen, so no Zen-only items for me), then please warn a player first. All the other party-based quests are distinctly noted as requiring a party, why not this one?

Probably just a minor oversight, but this really frustrated me. It's the first, and only, quest I have ever been forced to abandon.

Oh, and as a sidenote for a minor bug I've been meaning to mention for some time - for some reason, sound and music do not work when I play the game. It might be something with my soundcard, but YouTube plays just fine on this computer. I've been having this issue since I first started playing this game, and it's just a really minor thing, but since I'm here now, might as well mention that.

I have a tiefling guardian fighter (as mentioned above) and a drow scourge warlock, and the sound and music doesn't work for either of them - nor does it work on the character selection screen, if there's even any sound there (the only reason I know sound and music exist at all in this game is because I've seen people play it on YouTube). It also doesn't seem to matter what level my characters are.

Another mild annoyance is that sometimes when the game is uploading patches during a loading screen (actually, all the time), the server doesn't respond and the screen won't load until the patching is finished. Is that intended? As it means that the game sometimes decides to log out on me because of being 'inactive' due to patch uploading. I've only seen it happen on my tiefling character, but that's because I've only barely played my drow character.

One last thing is really an extremely minor issue that I don't really mind, but figured I'd mention, is that the guardian fighter helmets do not work too well cosmetically with the horns of a tiefling - depending on the style, it often looks like the horns are punching through the metal of the helmet. Though it sometimes ruins any attempt at looking intimidating and instead looks amusing, I don't really mind it - just thought I'd mention it, seeing as I'm mentioning all the other issues I've been having. But this one is more amusing than annoying (still would like it fixed at some point down the road, though - maybe as part of a general cosmetics patch?).

Have fun~!
-SoulCrystal214

P.S.: And for something completely irrelevant: Would it be possible to see Makos again in the main storyline at some point? I liked him, and would like to interact with him again in the game. Not a bug or issue, but just a suggestion while I actually remember to mention it.
Post edited by soulcrystal214 on