test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Angel companion

kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
How are certain people already able to offer the angel of protection companion in the auction house? It takes exactly 360 days of praying to get it and the game was released in April. I still have to wait 33 days myself until I get it and I joined the game a few days after the launch day.

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    kuero21 said:

How are certain people already able to offer the angel of protection companion in the auction house? It takes exactly 360 days of praying to get it and the game was released in April. I still have to wait 33 days myself until I get it and I joined the game a few days after the launch day.

Two ways.

1. The challenge of the gods event- it awarded ardent coins as a reward.

2. In the beginning invoking was not reset once a day, it was reset once every 20 hours. You could possibly invoke for ardent coins 8 times in one week.

That's how I did it, as those were probably mine you saw and I haven't seen any others.

• Options
    antoscorvusantoscorvus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    You also get can get a 2nd coin on the final invoke.
  • Options
    amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    @antoscorvus you're referring to the celestial coin. The ardent coins used to buy tge angel are once per day
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    But considering the time it took to be able to get that dude, is he still relevant in our current mod? lol
  • Options
    firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Not really relevant. Nothing in the Ardent coin shop that is actually useful now. Except to the people who like get all of the collections stuff.

Weapons: Trash, except for transforming current weapons look
    Seals: Trash, no longer useable
    Elixirs: Can be useful perhaps, only things that are in the Ardent store
    Horses: Trash, unless you still have the first 5 gold mount
    Angel: Trash, only remotely useful if you are a GF or OP who needs a lot of defense. Angel has 2 Defense slots and 1 offense. The active bonus also sucks
  • Options
    buffalonightmarebuffalonightmare Member Posts: 91 Arc User

Not really relevant. Nothing in the Ardent coin shop that is actually useful now. Except to the people who like get all of the collections stuff.

Weapons: Trash, except for transforming current weapons look
    Seals: Trash, no longer useable
    Elixirs: Can be useful perhaps, only things that are in the Ardent store
    Horses: Trash, unless you still have the first 5 gold mount
    Angel: Trash, only remotely useful if you are a GF or OP who needs a lot of defense. Angel has 2 Defense slots and 1 offense. The active bonus also sucks

how crazy would it be if they just bumped up the stats on the stuff in the vault of piety?

• Options
    zephyriah said:

kuero21 said:

Two ways.

1. The challenge of the gods event- it awarded ardent coins as a reward.

2. In the beginning invoking was not reset once a day, it was reset once every 20 hours. You could possibly invoke for ardent coins 8 times in one week.

That's how I did it, as those were probably mine you saw and I haven't seen any others.

Ah yeah thx, totally forgot about this. I forgot most of things that had been at that time. One of the things I still remember is that you always got disconnected when entering a new map which mostly happened when you tried to join a dungeon run.

@firepats12#3687 I wouldn't consider the angel as trash. It's perfect for all healers, tanks and Paladins that make use of a soulforged enchantment. I have a healer and a GWF that are both able to get the angel within the next 40 days. I will definetely keep the Angel for my cleric and am still considering if I should keep it for my GWF as well or just sell it. With enough hp and defense a GWF can solo a lot of dungeons and skirmishes. The skills of that angel would make solo runs even easier.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I think the Angel will possibly be good for Soulforged Build's. If your shielded it will be a good time to heal up. But I have not got one yet either I`m still a few days away yet too. I also imagine it will have good synergy with certain +5 rings.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    wdj40 said:

I think the Angel will possibly be good for Soulforged Build's. If your shielded it will be a good time to heal up. But I have not got one yet either I`m still a few days away yet too. I also imagine it will have good synergy with certain +5 rings.

Exactly.
    My cleric has the full lathander set that heals you and your allies instantly for 50% of your hp whenever you get ressureccted. Though, sometimes my cleric gets killed right after this anyway. This happens a lot to me when I am in edemo (probably in 80% of all runs) if there's not a decent tank or paladin around generating threat then the boss always chases after my HAMSTER. This is pretty annoying because it interrupts me from healing and buffing up the party.
    The Angel's active bonus would prevent people from getting killed twice in a row.
  • Options
    I have a GF, how good would the angel be compare to my battle medic?

And i am still searching a good set of armor/weapon enchantement for a GF, what would it be? What does this "soulforged" do? I will admit i only recently got into weapon enchant, so i am kinda focuss on making the vorpal for my GWF....
  • Options
    The thing is, you seem to be assuming that you will die and then resurrected. Thats the only time the angel would be useful, but why would you even think that you would be killed? Makes no sense. Most people try to NOT die. I can't remember the last I had died on any of my toons, let alone my DC or Pally. So for people like me who don't die, the Angel is pretty useless.
  • Options

The thing is, you seem to be assuming that you will die and then resurrected. Thats the only time the angel would be useful, but why would you even think that you would be killed? Makes no sense. Most people try to NOT die. I can't remember the last I had died on any of my toons, let alone my DC or Pally. So for people like me who don't die, the Angel is pretty useless.

lol, saying you never die on any character is just nonsense. Even the best players die from time to time in various places. It is impossible to go through the game using every class/paragon path/race etc and never dying anywhere... I actually laughed out loud at the thought.

Unless of course you just run with the same over powered people and never anyone else. I PUG a lot as I like to see different players/builds/character looks and doing PUG's you just will die sometimes.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    destrowod said:

I have a GF, how good would the angel be compare to my battle medic?

And i am still searching a good set of armor/weapon enchantement for a GF, what would it be? What does this "soulforged" do? I will admit i only recently got into weapon enchant, so i am kinda focuss on making the vorpal for my GWF....

Angel is more of a shield type companion. Though it does some healing, It mostly tries protects you from damage. It's a very good companion for leveling and until you can reach a high ilvl. The Medic is better at healing and in most cases is probably the better choice if only using one of them.

Soulforged is an Enchantment that can resurrect you once every 90 sec if you die. In PvP it was favored by most players, since the introduction of Transcendent it has fallen a little out of favor. Since the Angels active triggers on resurrection it applies whether that resurrection is from a player or from soulforged buying you a little more time to react to the player or npc that hit you. I use soulforged on all my clerics to help get me up when I draw too much threat.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Lol when you write "on all my clerics " I wonder how many clerics do you have? Enough to fill a temple?
  • Options
    kuero21 said:

Lol when you write "on all my clerics " I wonder how many clerics do you have? Enough to fill a temple?

Many, I'm an alt-oholic and am making a new one that will have a Guardian Angel (of protection), Clarence, next double XP. I regularly play one of each Feat path and hybrids of Righteous/15 point Virtuous and Faithful/15 point Virtuous to get limited haste on the hybrids for skirmishes and HEs. All 5 have Soulforged/Plaguefire and 3 of them wear full High Prophet set most of the time, so dying is not uncommon. The price to pay for that great set bonus.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    wdj40 said:

lol, saying you never die on any character is just nonsense. Even the best players die from time to time in various places. It is impossible to go through the game using every class/paragon path/race etc and never dying anywhere... I actually laughed out loud at the thought.

Unless of course you just run with the same over powered people and never anyone else. I PUG a lot as I like to see different players/builds/character looks and doing PUG's you just will die sometimes.
    Um yea, I did run with the same strong group most of the time, and therefore did not die. If you die then thats on you.
  • Options
    Oh ok so if i don't PVP soulforged is not really helpfull then... ok.
  • Options
    destrowod said:

I think Negation might be recommended for GF. For squishy characters and solo play, even without Pvping, Soulforged can be beneficial.
  • Options
    buffalonightmarebuffalonightmare Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    kuero21 said:

lol or at least hold a service
  • Options
    enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

Many, I'm an alt-oholic and am making a new one that will have a Guardian Angel (of protection), Clarence, next double XP. I regularly play one of each Feat path and hybrids of Righteous/15 point Virtuous and Faithful/15 point Virtuous to get limited haste on the hybrids for skirmishes and HEs. All 5 have Soulforged/Plaguefire and 3 of them wear full High Prophet set most of the time, so dying is not uncommon. The price to pay for that great set bonus.

Yeah, wearing High Prophet, or any other old 60 armor set for those bonuses, you don't have a lot of health and can easily be one-shotted. So anything that can help you get back on your feet would be useful simply for the insurance factor.
  • Options
    So speaking of the Angel, anyone know what is like for proccing Companions Gift?
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    zephyriah said:

destrowod said:

I think Negation might be recommended for GF. For squishy characters and solo play, even without Pvping, Soulforged can be beneficial.
    Yeah i heard of negation, i was thinking of either going with that, or with barkshield as it seem to have some beneficial powers as well...