test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Daily quest to gain companion upgrade tokens

akuarmotonakuarmoton Member Posts: 28 Arc User
Hey,

Let's face it, who has ever used AD to upgrade their white or green companion (well, I did once only to realize it wasn't worth it)? There's no point when you can buy better from AH cheaper. Here's some thoughts I have.

Those tokens should be bound to character or possibly account, and only able to upgrade white/green companions. I think the amount of grinding them to get white companion to blue is fair enough (30 to green and then 60 to blue if I remember right), Binding is to prevent exploits/bot farming.

This would likely need new token, and npc for the quest added to the game but that shouldn't be problem.

You could get started when you get your initial get companion quest at level 16. Those quests could be themed based on the type on companion player has active, like if you have guardian type then the quest could be in dungeon/castle environment, or if you have wizard then it could be more scholarly type. Or it could be randomly picked from instances already ingame (like mithral mine/cult prison etc..) scaled to player level.

Suggestions/critics are welcome, but keep it civilized =).

Comments

• Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I just don't think this suggestion is realistic based on the fact you need zen to get tokens. If they could reduce the token amount for common to green, green to blue, blue to epic. I will be more than happy. I would suggest 6, 30, 60, 120 tokens in the order instead 30, 60, 90, 120 for now.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Make them buy-able with ardent coins would be a nice solution imo, but i don't see that happen.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User

Hey,

Let's face it, who has ever used AD to upgrade their white or green companion (well, I did once only to realize it wasn't worth it)? There's no point when you can buy better from AH cheaper.

Well I have - I dropped the Green Lizard Shaman from the CTA a few weeks ago & found he was really useful so upgraded him to Blue & his usefulness increased so worked to generate & save the AD & have just [last weekend] upgraded him to Purple at a total cost for both upgrades of 750,000 AD, which is a bit steep IMO but I like the companion, he seems to be better than the Purple Battlefield Medic I had been running.

But I do agree that the upgrade tokens should be either easier to get or the requirements should be lowered & I like the idea of quest rewards for them as in 18 months of playing I've managed to accumulate ...... 3 ........

..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    didnt they just remove items in game that was available in zen shop? I dont see this happening, its a zen shop item, will stay in zen shop.

I think the prices are out of line considering you have to buy a lottery ticket for an rngesus chance at an item to begin with.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    there was "companion" upgrade kit in one of the "siege CTA" where you get battle medic and odd profession with wheelbarrow, and last time i saw it cost 1,500 aqua regia for 1 upgrade kit.

i also post many months ago about ardent vendor really need a serious update, and i agree that i like to see them added to ardent vendor menu get expanded.
    same for celestial market, something that we can spend more often, lot of us are sitting with 300-400 tokens wait for something new.
  • Options
    hellsraiserhellsraiser Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I wanted to ask i got the companion from the AMD offer and wished to delete a character would any new created character get access to that companion or would it be lost? (just jumped into a companion thread)
  • Options
    mantera47mantera47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2016

I wanted to ask i got the companion from the AMD offer and wished to delete a character would any new created character get access to that companion or would it be lost? (just jumped into a companion thread)

Any account unlocked companion should be available to any new characters that you create in the future. For example, the Mystagogue that was a code unlock a while ago is available to be claimed on any new character that I create on this same account. I'm not sure what companion is this from the AMD offer but as long as it's an account-wide unlock, then I would expect it to follow this same behavior.