test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pirate King during Play with the Devs

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
edited February 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
> For adventurers with an iLvl of 2000+, we’ll be asking you to queue for Castle Never. For adventurers with an iLvl of less than 2000, Pirate King’s Retreat will be ready for you! Feel free to do both if time allows.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9808753

Are you saying there is an Epic Pirate King ready for us?

It would be rather silly to ask groups of iLevel 2000+, or even groups in the 1600-2000 range, to run normal PK. My CW easily soloed Karrundax, wearing old gear in the hope of a slight challenge. He also soloed Frozen Heart and (normal) Pirate King, which were far easier. My CW is not particularly awesome for a toon that has been around for a while, the content is just that easy.
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min

Comments

• Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    For adventurers with an iLvl of less than 2000, Pirate King’s Retreat will be ready for you!

Less than 2k
    Also they have already said only CN is epic all the others are leveling
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    reds351 said:

For adventurers with an iLvl of less than 2000, Pirate King’s Retreat will be ready for you!

Less than 2k
    Also they have already said only CN is epic all the others are leveling

If you're even barely level 70, I'm pretty sure you can solo any of the returning dungeons without breaking a sweat.

They encouraged people to "do both if time allows". A party of people that just finished CN can run to each boss (or ride their mounts in the case of Karru), kill the boss in a single rotation, and move on.

If they have firmly said only leveling dungeons are returning, I guess they're just being a bit - overoptimistic? - about the entertainment value of the leveling dungeons to any but brand-new toons.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    enomic123enomic123 Member Posts: 16 Arc User

A party of people that just finished CN can run to each boss (or ride their mounts in the case of Karru), kill the boss in a single rotation, and move on.

Please, do exactly that and show them how trivial everything is.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    If they have firmly said only leveling dungeons are returning, I guess they're just being a bit - overoptimistic? - about the entertainment value of the leveling dungeons to any but brand-new toons.
    Especially when some blockheaded designer takes a chainsaw to the dungeons and cuts out all of the interesting side areas.

Grr.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured