test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Battle with Orcus

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
In our last discussion about the new Castle Never dungeon, we talked about Orcus's lieutenants and the threat they posed to adventurers. Today we are going to talk about the big bad himself.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9810443-developer-blog:-battle-with-orcus

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Any chance you guys are going to open back up 'playing with the devs' on preview for CN again before Mod release?​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    The blog post implies some new game mechanics that differ from 'if it moves, kill it' (even if only limited to 'you can't kill it, kite it while you kill the other stuff). I really hope this is a direction that is emphasized in new content.

The death sphere strikes me as a relatively funny D&D version of Perfection. (Fit all the shapes before the timer expires, or it ejects all the pieces when the timer expires, and you have to try again.)

Looking forward to the new content.
  • orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    So far I like the new content on preview server, it's patching right now so maybe I'll have a chance to try Orcus.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This looks like it's going to be fun, and maybe challenging while learning the mechanics of it. :) I like it!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Our classes were designed for a strong boss and plenty of mobs. No wacky boss mechanics. This might get old real fast. We will see.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Any chance you guys are going to open back up 'playing with the devs' on preview for CN again before Mod release?​​

Yup, there's one on Tuesday.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

Yup, there's one on Tuesday.
    Im very excited to see how you do it without a pala. Can we see this on stream? Can we see also a CN run with an GF instead of an pala?