test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Rewards/Coalescent Wards

valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
Everybody has been (understandably) upset at the removal of the Coalescent Wards from the Trade Bar Store. I have a solution to make things better along your philosophy of rewarding people who play vs the bots, goldspammers, invoke armies.

With the Maze Engine, add them as possible (albiet rare) rewards for dungeons and events like Castle Never, Tiamat, Demogorgon (whichever version). Of course, with things like Tiamat and Demogorgon, make it only available to people who actually participate (top 15 people in a successful Tiamat, top 7 in a successful Demogorgon).

The same could be done with the Preservation Wards, but add them to the Epic dungeons as well, whether just T2, or both T1 and T2.

This would be a reasonable compromise, and gives the rewards to people who play and not just to the people who pay.

Comments

• Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    While I would upvote this a million times if I knew it had any possibility in becoming a reality, I know it doesnt.

Why?

"This would be a reasonable compromise, and gives the rewards to people who play and not just to the people who pay."
    1. This publisher/dev rarely if ever, compromises with the playerbse.
    2. "and gives the rewards to people who play and not just to the people who pay." - This is the complete opposite of what the "economy fix" was about.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    Add them to the campaign stores, in a BtA form and for a rather considerable amount of the campaign currencies...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Great idea and i love it, however, you are not working for Cryptic
  • Options
    gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User

make it only available to people who actually participate (top 15 people in a successful Tiamat, top 7 in a successful Demogorgon).

Top what? Top DPS?

With my pure buff GF neither in Tiamat nor un Demo I ever got an top rank. But I help get other ppl a Top rank.

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    What if they added a ward that granted, say, a 75% chance of success? Would that be sufficient to get people to risk the necessary components, or would it basically go unused?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    zeromus3278zeromus3278 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    If they see rewarding coalescent wards as too over the top, maybe meet in the middle and reward a random lesser version of something at the end of the epic dungeons. This way the RNG is still driving it, people may not get exactly what they want, but could still make some AD from it and some get lucky and win just what they were hoping for.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    wait you asking based on pve leaderboard?that just show numbers. the loot was always same chance for all.
    also what you gonna do with ad from salvage? i am giving them to people support the game(selling zen, zen bought with real money). actually they are not pay to play are pay so the free players can play.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • Options
    m34n5tr34km34n5tr34k Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    bioshrike said:

What if they added a ward that granted, say, a 75% chance of success? Would that be sufficient to get people to risk the necessary components, or would it basically go unused?

Certainly not with Neverwinter's special brand of RNG. Something labeled 75% chance of success would most likely work out to 85% chance of failure in practice.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User

Certainly not with Neverwinter's special brand of RNG. Something labeled 75% chance of success would most likely work out to 85% chance of failure in practice.

Yeah, anyone who has used 7+ skill kits on a node will steer clear of a 75% chance ward.

• Options
    m34n5tr34km34n5tr34k Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    tousseau said:

My current record is 12 failures on a skill node...

Damn got me beat, only 10 fails on a single node. Statistically, the odds are astronomical against that actually happening but I'll bet everyone who has played NWO for a year or more has at least one story like that if not many.

• Options
    valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    I could deal with a +75% ward. Except for weapon and armor enchants, many of my other enchants still make adding +75% at least CLOSE to 100%. (yeah, I haven't gotten anything above rank 8 enchants so far, and really, don't know if I will really try that hard either)
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited February 2016

the loot was always same chance for all

Not exactly, Great Success on heralds and ToD dragons does not give a fair chance to supporting classes vs dps classes. In order for support classes to win those they need long fights and the use of non-team tactics. ex.

standing in red (and heal yourself)
    agroing mobs outside of the fight to increase damage received and dpsr dieing
    don't rez ANYONE
    no debuffs or buffs
    spin the dragon to encourage dps death and reduce chances of getting combat advantage

basically when support classes want to be rewarded on those battles they need to be jerks

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    + 5-10 Trade Bars from lockboxes
    + no Trade Bars jackpot anymore
    + Coals, Pres and Rubies back in the Trade Bar Store for the same price but bound to account
    in short, a more stable supply of things needed to upgrade your equipment.

and if they want to sell more Coals, Pres and Rubies through the ZEN shop, they should adjust the prices within reason.
    they should also deliver packs for all classes, and upgrade the content of all packs, so that a purchase would make sense.

and i would rather like to see the foundries getting back into the reward "loop", there are allready more then enough rewards and perks tied to having the right group of players around you...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I'd like see a coalescent ward and preservation ward bundle added to the xp overflow rewards. But as previously mentioned, the PWE shysters would never allow Cryptic do do this :(
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    morrowind69morrowind69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    i said it once but i will say it gain :
    1-remove npc's that not useful in the game .
    2-remove the guilds with one person only (its bank for AD seller).
    3-fix the lag & the protect the servers from attacks.
    4-ban ad/gold spammers in the game .
    5-Blackice + gold become useless when we have VIP (Think smart to make them useful again) .
    6-wards back to Trade Bars Store & make the bind to accounts.
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2016

i have a personal guild that i use as a bank and am neither a bot runner, nor an AD seller, and have never used leadership for AD either..

• Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

the loot was always same chance for all

Not exactly, Great Success on heralds and ToD dragons does not give a fair chance to supporting classes vs dps classes. In order for support classes to win those they need long fights and the use of non-team tactics. ex.

standing in red (and heal yourself)
    agroing mobs outside of the fight to increase damage received and dpsr dieing
    don't rez ANYONE
    no debuffs or buffs
    spin the dragon to encourage dps death and reduce chances of getting combat advantage

basically when support classes want to be rewarded on those battles they need to be jerks

Since thread started from C-Wards and wonderful idea of free C-Wards from HE, even if it 1/10^100 chance to happen, i like to elaborate DC jerk topic ...

DC "best practices" - Healing word, Bastion of health and Sun burst. Nothing to buff DPS (DG/brSP/FF/HW) or increase defense (DG/AS/AA) because it reduces healing efficiency.

No place for Haste builds nor Righteous builds, as it increases DPS of others. Pure Faithful is good build to start with. But no paragon feats increasing damage resistance (Benefit of Foresight, Have Faith).
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    venuslightheartvenuslightheart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    Make it bind on Account
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    -

i said it once but i will say it gain :

How do you conclude that? Many people including me use the personal bank for storage.
    This is my expanded shared bank slot. Yes, I max'ed out the paid shared bank slot already.

For the AD seller to defeat what you proposed, they just need to add one more account to the guild. No big deal for them.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Great idea! Oh wait I have a banker that, like @plasticbat, is neither a gold farmer/seller or a bot but a HOARDER. So no its a bloody terrible idea. And it cost me 900k AD to unlock the 3 slots I have.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Here's a simple idea...

A token that you can earn by playing featured Foundry quests. Add a vendor who will sell you a coalescent ward for x# of tokens.

As an alternative idea...

Instead of selling a coal ward, sell a new type of ward that's in-between a pres ward and a coal ward: an Enhanced Pres Ward that boosts your success chance by a certain percentage (say 10%).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    If they wanted to give foundries back some worth, they would also have given back the opportunity to make rAD with them through daily runs...
    Besides, if bots can run the daily quests, you can bet they can also run foundries for anything to be gotten from there too.

And no offense, but we allready have enough of that % chance of this or % chance of that in game. At this point i would actually prefer a solid way to walk to get something done in game without it being based on chances.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!