test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trio Looking for PVE/PVP Guild

darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
Hey guys,

A few friends, and I started the game last month. It was all super hype until we hit level 60. Some of us felt like it went from "okay" PVP to "I can't even look at the guardian fighters without dying" PVP. I personally thought it got better at level 60, but the others don't agree so much.

We started a guild called Prime Hunters, and immediately realized that we were not ready to make a guild. The resources required are insane. Some of us are happy doing PVE for awhile, and are staying in our makeshift guild, while others are now trying (with me) to join a more PVP focused guild to at least try an figure out the basics of the game before giving up. To some of us PVP is like breathing, if we can't do it well (ever), we will die (quit Neverwinter).

The people trying to find a new guild are:

Trace - Level 62 Saboteur TR (thinks invisibility doesn't work)
Kanden - Level 62 Trapper HR (hates his class)
Sylux - Level 62 Righteous DC [me]

I am hoping for a group that can boost Trace's and more importantly Kanden's confidence in PVP. They both believe that Guardian Fighters are both invincible and do literally infinite damage. It would be great if there was a knowledgeable and helpful guild out there that has at least some experienced PVPers.

We generally play Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at around 5:00 PM EST.

EDIT - PS. We have previous MMORPG experience. Our previous MMO was sadly shut down.
EDIT - Knowledge is better than power. We are mainly looking for experience rather than strength at this point, so that we know what to expect, and how to get there. We know not to expect a top 10 PVP guild with max boons, and what'not.
EDIT - We aren't even expecting a top 10,000 PVP guild.
EDIT - Yes, we are looking for a PVE/PVP guild. The original post talks only about PVP. This is what we want to do, but we aren't at a ilevel high enough to compete yet.
EDIT - We may have found the right guild for our current situation. We will have to see though, since they haven't accepted us yet. Thanks everyone for the responses!

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

Post edited by darthtzarr on

Comments

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Hello,

In fact pvp guilds have high requirement, because of the huge stonghold investment, and want to stay competitive.

I don't know any middle game pvp guild, and while you are not yet 70, the level 70 pvp is really different.

You should first try a pve/pvp oriented guild because of those reasons.

Good luck finding your guild.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    if you have perfect armor and weapons enchantments, you can ask to join absolute- essence of aggresion, the best pvp guild here as they focus to be
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    vinceent1 said:

if you have perfect armor and weapons enchantments, you can ask to join absolute- essence of aggresion, the best pvp guild here as they focus to be

Just read better this 2 guild requirements and you will see that they can join in maybe 6 months....
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User

vinceent1 said:

Just read better this 2 guild requirements and you will see that they can join in maybe 6 months....
    dont know what you mean really, they have perfects as condition for join in topic under

to be honest, my post is kind of reminder to recently chances on coal wards, sorry for trolling
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Hello,

In fact pvp guilds have high requirement, because of the huge stonghold investment, and want to stay competitive.

I don't know any middle game pvp guild, and while you are not yet 70, the level 70 pvp is really different.

You should first try a pve/pvp oriented guild because of those reasons.

Good luck finding your guild.

Yes, we are basically looking for a hybrid pve/pvp guild, but the requirement is that the guild needs some aspect of pvp. A strictly roleplay guild wouldn't be much use to us. A strictly PVE guild would probably cry at our Tenacity gear that we don't ever seem to take off, and finally a strictly PVP guild wouldn't accept us because we are newbs. The main resource we are looking for right now is knowledge. We are new, and in an MMORPG it is almost always the best idea to join a knowledgeable/friendly/helpful guild, so that you have an idea of how the game is currently working. E.G. It is hard to know that a certain Armor Enchantment has been bugged for forever without a fix, unless someone tells you, or whether all of the wikis are completely out of date in regards to Enchantments in general.

• frotoolfrotool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    Come check out Grievance. We are a midsized guild that doesn't have any of the requirements the pvp guilds do. We do pvp and pve. www.grievancegaming.org
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    yeah just find a casual/social guild. Most like mine don't even as about ilvl when parting for content (at worst we may ask for a class if required to be successful). Problem is while casual guilds may suit you because they won't judge your gear or how new you are, they likely will not share your passion in PVP (i.e. it may be just your friends doing the pvp portions). Right now you can easily find a rank 12 guild that has no donation requirements (more ad in your pocket for getting gear), a marketplace high enough for you to buy BIS equipment, and atleast 6 rank 5 boons for you to enjoy. Then you can decide if you want to join the elite PVP guilds (start saving), break out on your own when stronghold costs go down, or maybe spear head the pvp arm of a casual guild.

FYI grievance is known as a non-exploit guild. So they get a thumbs up from me

BTW, if you think lvl 60 pvp is un forgiving, 70 isn't going to get any better as you face people that have had 3 years to farm enchants, gear, mounts, boons, etc. You can be competitive but it will take you awhile
    We may have found the right guild for our current situation. We will have to see though, since they haven't accepted us yet. Thanks everyone for the responses!

edited February 2016
    etelgrin said:

I can't guarantee your future of PvP in my guild, but I can certainly reccomend it for different reasons.

If you're looking for a place to call your online home, a multigaming community that is Guild Medieval could be a place for you,

Here are the rules we come by:

1) Thou Shalt Have Fun. If you aren't, stop. Not later. Now.
    2) Play What, How, and When You Want. You are playing this game for yourself, not for others.
    3) Real Life Always Comes First. Always. No need for apologies. Take care of your kids, your significant other, yourself first.
    4) Be Excellent to Each Other.

We also do not tolerate exploiting of any sort be aware of that. We are not interested in your total item level or ability or inability to play this or that game, we are interested about the person behind the keyboard. We also do not use swear words, this is how we maintain family friendly atmosphere here, you won't find here f-bombs or disrespectful behaviour, take that there is an underage family member reading the guild chat.

Here's a link to the rules:
    guildmedieval.com/#/rules
    Here's a link where you all can apply to, if you agreed to the rules that is.
    guildmedieval.com/#/join

Our guild is constantly growing, we have many dedicated members, and dedicated subforums to our use, we have guildes written by the guild members that you won't find elsewhere as well. We also have two voice chats to our disposition, currently we are testing GamerVox and this is where most guild members are. Feel free to apply if you'd like to find something more than a guild.

With Stronghold being a hot topic, we have it under development with access to dragonflight gear and marks from market place rank 5. Currently we're on hold until new modules with its reductions arrive then we're ready to boost our process. We also have stable leadership and dedicated officers and we do dragonflight daily and other events such as happenings on forums, fashion shows, screenshot competitions and many more with decent rewards. Please think what you can bring to the guild as well, as guild has many to offer to.

If you have any questions you can PM me @etelgrin, or @cbnia @steobro or @targlock ingame.

Use of forums is mandatory.

According to your rules, our names would not be permissible in your guild, although all the other rules I would totally agree with 902%.

Sylux, Kanden, Trace, and now Weavel, Gore, Gandrayda, and Rundas are all Bounty Hunters from the Metroid series. Your guild says it prohibits "celebrity" names, real or fictional. I don't know if anyone would consider these "celebrity" names, since they are side characters in a less known Nintendo franchise, but the same concept would likely still apply.

• zyek88zyek88 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Although not a full PvP guild, New Outrider's may be a place you and your friends want to consider if you are still searching.

Most members are active in the evening of USA timezones. On any given night it is easy to get a group to run any endgame content or dailies.

Most of the guild is not into PvP but myself and a couple others dabble in it for fun. We are not top tier PvP.

Feel free to contact me in game anytime if you have any questions.

Ziek@zyek88
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well I cant answer for them.. but really.. I think you are strechting yourselves a bit =P.

I think they were trying to avoid the Brittney spears and/or whatever flavor of the month pop sensation/pop culture or whatever is recently fad is out there.

• rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Did you find a home yet? Civil Anarchy is a pve:pvp guild. We have a few rules...but basically expect people to act decently towards one another. we have 4 spaces in the guild. you would be welcome to try us out. We are a rank 10 Sh. not the best, certainly not the worst....we have spirit.

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
    Hey, no it seems we have not found a home yet. We have been trying to contact MERCs off and on, but there seems to be a bit of a time zone difference, since they are never online when we are.

edited February 2016
    would you like a home?

ill be in game for a bit....Tabatha@rotters

I will not be online for another hour or two. Most of my friends won't be online till around the same time tomorrow.

ok

Do you happen to still be online?