test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Potential fix for C-Ward issue

The main issue most players have with the removal of in game purchase of C-wards is that in a micro-transaction universe nothing that is truly necessary should have to be purchased. I know there is an argument that weapon/armor enchants, and even high level enchants aren't "necessary" but with the addition of higher level events AKA 2500+ Item score required they have become more and more a requirement.
So, that brings me to my idea. Why not expand the Underdark to include a weekly quest that gives 1 C-ward a week? This meets the normal "grind for your reward" mentality that permeates MMORPGs, it would make all the players happy, and then if people want more than that they can spend cash to purchase. Other possible solutions include offering drops of rank 9-12 enchants, and changing the minimum percent chance to refine anything to a more reasonable 20-25%
Making the game a pay-to-win format has never worked for any other MMO, and if something isn't done about the current situation I fear that NW will die.

Comments

• ela#5982 ela Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Why not expand the Underdark to include a weekly quest that gives 1 C-ward a week? This meets the normal "grind for your reward" mentality that permeates MMORPGs, it would make all the players happy, and then if people want more than that they can spend cash to purchase.

I agree, This would give those who refuse to spend any money ingame a chance to continue to play.
  • abaddbunnyabaddbunny Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I agree with the OP. I also enjoy this game tremendously and worry a "pay-to-play" mentality would start the decline of player numbers. I have no problem grinding daily for "loot", but it feels that the game designers are attempting to "increase their coffers" so to speak by forcing players to purchase a critical item for any leveling(IMO). Please hear us out NW designers..
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

I agree with the OP. I also enjoy this game tremendously and worry a "pay-to-play" mentality would start the decline of player numbers. I have no problem grinding daily for "loot", but it feels that the game designers are attempting to "increase their coffers" so to speak by forcing players to purchase a critical item for any leveling(IMO). Please hear us out NW designers..

Well they haven't listened to hundreds of complaints over numerous pages on here, PC forums and places like reddit why does anyone think they will listen to this thread.
    Better get used to this it appears to be the new normal if you want to rank up get your CC out!
  • bartaincreedbartaincreed Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Complaints and honest feedback on a major issue are different things.
    Another possible idea would be to put the weekly quest for C-ward in the VIP area of Moonstone Mask. Another way to reward VIP.
  • gravious88gravious88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    agree with bartaincreed. You could keep special quests that are VIP area accessed only. That way you could still get cash from VIP subscriptions, which would still increase their profit (which it takes money for a 'free' game to continue to operate) and then it would still allow us to get a C-ward without having to pay $10 each. Make it a difficult quest that's not just a 2 minute 'run and done'. I like this idea and believe it could work to pacify the rabid crowds. :D
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    I personally don't mind the 1,000 zen Coalescent Wards, then again I do have my AD earning down packed. lol But the Coalescent ward each week would be nice. :3
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I am not sure if anyone has noticed but any rank 9 or higher is now so overpriced since cryptic took out the c-ward from t bar house.

Rank 12 transcendent elven battle enchant.
    Old price: between 3000K and 3500K
    New price: Between 4000K and 6000K

I have no time to post the old and new prices of other enchants but you get my point right?
    My thanx to cryptic for breaking the game even more.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    my thought would be to add a in between to the coalesent ward and preservation ward.
    something consumed on attempt but gives you a 10-15% higher chance of success.

something to up the chance by even that much could make a world of difference.
    5 pack for 500 zen? maybe?
    it may be asking to much for it to still not consume your marks on success, but who knows...just putting it out there.
    call it a warped coalesent or imperfect preservation ward.
    Or just put the wards back in at the old price everyone could live with that I reckon!
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    lets be real, an item as usefull as a coalescent ward should be obtainable by a fair and decent price. Max 300 zens, or purchasable in the bazaar at a fixed price. My problem with zen is that it change too. The superior mark is what? 100 000 zen? and yet i find this a bit overpriced, BUT its really an endgame thing. You only need those when your stuff is almost done and finish, so its money you will not put on other enchants etc. While a coalescent, you need it to make a regular vorpal... i mean 1% chances is silly. They need to make minimum chances to 10% or low down the coalescent price.

I think what they really mess in this whole situation is cutting us from the fun of opening boxes. People love to buy keys for those zen, its still zen that are needed. The coalescent via tradebar was like the bonus out of it, the insurance to AT LEAST have something good our of the keys, and on top of that you had the fun of gamble for the mounts or other stuff. Like last time i got myself a superior mark, i was so happy. Its 100 000 AD saved there... lol. Yet its my first on how many boxes? Coal W. where a way to at least insure i got something good out of it in the long run... now its not the case. Yes yes rank 7 enchants are still pretty decent, im not saying otherwise, they help for rafinement, but in the long ru the coal was much more usefull, cause items get refine no matter what you put in them, no matter if rank 7 or 5, its just obviously longer with 5s but it would get there. The Coal W. is needed tough for certain upgrades (1%)
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    please delete, it posted my message in double(connection problem)
  • shamrok#5900 shamrok Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    You can save up invoking chests and open them when you have 20, one of my guildies does that and gets like 4~6 c-wards a pop but he had like 10 character slots so it don't take him long
    Well a lot of my Guildies dropped their Cash on the Division yesterday thats into month 2 with folk not spending in the game how much was that Change to the TB worth overall I wonder?
  • eractic#9186 eractic Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    mahburg said:

Well a lot of my Guildies dropped their Cash on the Division yesterday thats into month 2 with folk not spending in the game how much was that Change to the TB worth overall I wonder?

Same with my guild use to have 50+ players on, now barely hitting 15 online. Most left after the wards removal, Cryptic may feel it improved the economy but in reality it made their player base smaller, even I play it less now. They should have kept them at 200 bars or increased it to 300-400 bars.
    Guild : Straight Outta Neverwinter
    Main : Thorak (GWF) 4,1k
    Alts : Eractic (HR) 2,8k
    Ragner (CW) 2,7k
    Rico (DC) 2,6k
    Leo (TR) 2,4k
    Maus (GF) 2,7k
    Lucifer (Sw) 2,4k
    9 other scrub lvl 70s(mainly AD farmers and banks)
  • bartaincreedbartaincreed Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Mods please close this thread, it was meant to throw ideas to fix the problems, not to become another bash thread