test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Steam Temporary Probation, How to tell?

Is there an easy way to tell if you are still on probation for doing a steam purchase? Is there an icon or status somewhere in game to tell you? How do you know when you come off, do they e-mail you?

Comments

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    When you no longer receive the message that anything you purchase is bound to you, then you're off the account probation for that purchase. Unfortunately, it's on a per-purchase basis; you'll have to deal with the steam probation each time you purchase ZEN. It has a lot to do with how Steam processes payments with PWE, which I don't have time at the moment to elaborate on.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User

When you no longer receive the message that anything you purchase is bound to you, then you're off the account probation for that purchase. Unfortunately, it's on a per-purchase basis; you'll have to deal with the steam probation each time you purchase ZEN. It has a lot to do with how Steam processes payments with PWE, which I don't have time at the moment to elaborate on.

I'll summerize the long story: Don't buy using steam. Buy from PWE directly if you want to purchase Zen.
    Buying from Steam is not a problem; it's best to use the Steam client to launch the game then it access your Steam wallet directly. Never had a problem.

Besides, I don't give PWE the pleasure of buying directly from them.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User

They are still getting paid. I don't think they really care the route the money takes to get to them. It kinda makes your whole stand, fairly hollow.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User

They are still getting paid. I don't think they really care the route the money takes to get to them. It kinda makes your whole stand, fairly hollow.
    Steam gets a cut, IIRC. So PWE isn't getting as much but yeah, they're getting something.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Steam gets a cut, IIRC. So PWE isn't getting as much but yeah, they're getting something.

True, but to me, it's a bit like saying. I dislike your product so I'm going to refuse to pay with cash. I'll use my credit card instead.

As some sort of moral stand, it fails.

• Options
    jazzman#2455 jazzman Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    So just to put it out there, I watched the Wards and Enchantments in the Trade Bar Store, once they stopped showing Bound On Account I'm figuring I'm off the probation.
  • Options
    gambit626#5605 gambit626 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I use steam to buy zen and the best way for me to tell was to check the astral diamond to zen exchange. If you are allowed to by AD with zen then you are off the probation. Also it was only a one time thing for me. Every time I have bought zen since there hasn't been a probation period.
  • Options
    snorgletsnorglet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I wish I'd seen this before I bought zen via Steam...my account has been on probation for 2 weeks, and support claims they have no idea why or how long it will last. These guys are vying with Verizon FIOS for worst customer support.
  • Options
    kasejia#4264 kasejia Member Posts: 1 New User
    But you can purchase ZEN using the Arc client without problems, right?

Then Steam support won't complain, yes?