Post edited by zachisrising on

Comments

• descent2015#7865 descent2015 Member Posts: 4 New User
    useless. you dont need recovery over 4k even with the best rotations
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User

useless. you dont need recovery over 4k even with the best rotations

......are u sure? :neutral:
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    Only if your build is low damage pure icy control build ...stacking recovery also good hybrid for pve as well
    edited February 2016
    Well, if u wanna maximize your speed like kalina said u must sacrifice something.

A build focused on control instead of dps, so forget to see big number when u hit someone.

I don't use crit at all, but have around 110% of recovery speed ( was around 130% , but make some changes recently ) without spell twisting ( 110 % is the base rec speed ) and invested point in int and some in wis, and is really effective in pvp.

Your focus is control , MOF is much better respect to the SS for that kind of buid, because you can both control and apply dot, that can help with few more damage, thau + opp.

And like in your other thread, and always like kalina suggested, u must be tanky.
    Post edited by tholan#1688 on
  • dicoumdicoum Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Is MOF good for Solo PVE ? i currently run Death and taxes build and used to had Ironzerg build i meant for someone who mustly plays alone Endgame ..i liked MOF animation and effects so impressive
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Yes, I solo everything but the 15man heroics, and my IL is 3130.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Well, if u wanna maximize your speed like kalina said u must sacrifice something.

A build focused on control instead of dps, so forget to see big number when u hit someone.

I don't use crit at all, but have around 110% of recovery speed ( was around 130% , but make some changes recently ) without spell twisting ( 110 % is the base rec speed ) and invested point in int and some in wis, and is really effective in pvp.

Your focus is control , MOF is much better respect to the SS for that kind of buid, because you can both control and apply dot, that can help with few more damage, thau + opp.

And like in your other thread, and always like kalina suggested, u must be tanky.

shouldnt the highest recovery to deal more damage than the lower one ? have you actually tested what happens when you have spell twisting-fight on and 6-7k recovery ?
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    @mamalion1234

Recovery reduces your cooldowns and boosts your action point gain. Although the stat itself is linear and works by providing 1% recharge speed increase for every 200 points and 400:1% AP gain, the way it reduces your cooldowns is not. The way it works is as follows:
    New CD = Old CD/(1+Recharge Speed Increase)
    Which means that at low levels of recharge speed increase, it reduces your cooldowns quite quickly but the higher you get, the less it reduces your cooldowns. It also means that if you have 100% recharge speed increase, it halves your cooldowns. Here is a nice picture for you of how recovery works:

Here is a graph as an example, with an ability with a 20 second base cooldown and looking at 0% recharge speed increase to a 400% recharge speed increase:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=plot+20/(1+B),+B+=+0+to+4

and here is a graph showing the return on investment:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=derive+20/(1+B),+B+=+0+to+4

You should be able to see that at very low recovery levels, it gives much better return on investment then at higher recovery levels. This is very easy to test yourself, just put points into recovery, look at how much it increases your recharge speed increase, then look at your cooldowns. Then take the base CD of your ability and divide it by 1+recharge speed increase. You should find the tooltip CD matches the CD given by the formula.

micky1p00 said:

Recovery is an extremely bad stat.
    Here, wrote something similar, and to lazy to write agian:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/49t9ky/recovery_question/

There are places where recovery can work great, Sabo for example, or if you use lurker->BF (tc4) but even there to much of it and it's a significant loss.
    Especially for mi-exe, nothing lives 6 seconds for SoD to proc. You need a boss to even get to the second rotation. So recovery is not the stat I would take.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/46kr1i/help_with_tr_stat_distribution/

(I'm not using/talking about the build in the thread, this is in general)

shouldnt the highest recovery to deal more damage than the lower one ? have you actually tested what happens when you have spell twisting-fight on and 6-7k recovery ?

Well, dont know with 6-7k, i've invested a lot for max the stat and have sacrified my crit for that ( i've around 13k of recovery now ), but i'm talking about a full pvp build focused on high control via continuos cast of encounter. The actual cd for repel is 3.3 sec without spell twisting.Disintegrate around 2.4 sec. But like i said i've no crit, so my dmg in pvp is low . You win often in cw vs cw because the control is insane and you dont let them output their dps. For pve i've not tested, but in my case without crit, no LS Set, and a build focused on control and "tankyness" i'm 100% sure that the damage will be low respect the other cw ( but i compensate with a good owlbear, and a good 48% of ap gain ).

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Well, dont know with 6-7k, i've invested a lot for max the stat and have sacrified my crit for that ( i've around 13k of recovery now ), but i'm talking about a full pvp build focused on high control via continuos cast of encounter. The actual cd for repel is 3.3 sec without spell twisting.Disintegrate around 2.4 sec. But like i said i've no crit, so my dmg in pvp is low . You win often in cw vs cw because the control is insane and you dont let them output their dps. For pve i've not tested, but in my case without crit, no LS Set, and a build focused on control and "tankyness" i'm 100% sure that the damage will be low respect the other cw ( but i compensate with a good owlbear, and a good 48% of ap gain ).

in case of pve add the missing recovery to companion:P? :)
    edited March 2016
    I've already done . Around 19k with 3 bonding active. Basically...i'm a gatling gun
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

I've already done . Around 19k with 3 bonding active. Basically...i'm a gatling gun

Post a video of sorts. Let's see what you're talking about. 19k Recovery?
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
    With 3 bonding active is around that value. So you need a video of me hitting the dummy then press C , and show my stat with the bonding active for showing that is possible? Can i do just a screenshot?
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User

With 3 bonding active is around that value. So you need a video of me hitting the dummy then press C , and show my stat with the bonding active for showing that is possible? Can i do just a screenshot?

@lordnemesis1981 You can simply just ignore him. He seems to have a pretty hostile attitude towards everyone, give him time to chill down.

"3 bonding active" - I've no idea what's that. Do you mean "Companion's gift"?

Why not, show it in action, better yet - in pvp. It'd be nice for a change to see something like that.

So you're saying that three bonding runestones activate, somehow, not -power increase- but -recovery increase- to you?

Regardless, the diminishing return on recovery is very bad currently, which sucks for CW-s since most of the equips give humongous recovery, whilst spell twisting makes it completely and utterly obsolete in every way imaginable.
    True Neutral
    The 3 bonding runestone are on my zentarim, and ofc they are active when i do pve. Checked yesterday and the correct value is 20600 , but i dont do much pve so dont care about min/max the pve aspect, is just for fun and tryed to max the stat. Ofc they increse my recovery too , i've equipped only cruel enchant and item that give power and recovery on the zentarim. My build is full pvp and ofc in dom you dont have the runestone active :) If u want we can meet with your cw in iwd without companion so you can see if is effective or not in pvp. ( challege mode : active
    And ofc i will not use the ShadowCLOWNS echant
    I detest PvP in Neverwinter, sorry.

You still didn't really answer my question on the topic of what precisely gives you 19k Recovery. An ideal explanation imho would be

- Base stats
    - Boons
    - Active companion

A video would've saved you all the trouble of writing, though. Of course, that's all only if you're willing to write and answer.
    Also, you made me confused.

19k Recovery, yet in Dominion you can't summon a companion, ergo no Companion's gift.
    So that only leaves IWD situated pvp.

So how much of Recovery bonus do you get with, let's say, 5 Companion's Gift stacks again?
    True Neutral
    Omg, you read it wrong mate, 19k of recovery are in pve, not in dominion. in dominion i've around 13k of recovery.

in case of pve add the missing recovery to companion:P? :)

and i've answered to him with :

Is more clear now? 13k of recovery in dominion not 19k.
    Just wanted to make sure.
    True Neutral