test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Connecting to shard server, potential fix

So since Tuesday morning every time I have tried loading the game I get 'cannot find shard server', I've done full console shutdowns, game closes, clearing reserved space, nothing worked. I read something about trying the things above and how login tokens are different for my xbox profile and my neverwinter xbox profile, so tried something that worked. If anybody else is still stuck (and I've seen a few posts that suggests people are), hopefully this works for you too:

-from xbox home screen quite Neverwinter, (menu button, quit)
-start neverwinter
-while it goes into 'connecting to shard server' hit the xbox button to get to the home screen and logout of your xbox profile
-jump back to neverwinter, it'll ask you to choose your profile, after that for me I connected right away

Comments

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    I have that problem I tried this and it just moved to the connecting to account servers instead of the shard and timed out .-.
  • deuceffdeuceff Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I got logged out/frozen about 10 minutes after I got in, had to do it again. I had to actually be in the 'connecting to shard server' phase when I logged out of my account, then switch back to neverwinter and log into xbox profile from neverwinter, and it worked again. It's gonna be really annoying if I have to do this every time I want to play. If I was logged out before starting neverwinter it wouldn't connect, and if I logged in from xbox console screen it didn't work.
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    I had this today. Drove me crazy. Then I checked out the Arc App which I've got installed on my Xbox. I wasn't logged into this and after I did, hey presto. :)
    Guild - Excalibur
  • dustcrow11dustcrow11 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having this issue since yesterday. I've tried everything posted here, nothing works. I've also uninstalled/ reinstalled game and arc app.