test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Demogorgon unlock criteria

wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
I suggest to change Epic Demorgorgon unlock criteria, even for users with unlocks.

The current criteria is to make one successful run with any character. I suggest to make it 5 gold runs in normal version with this character. The weaker criteria is 1 gold run (there is an achievement for it so it could be easily tracked), but it is not good because player might get gold because it did not have a chance to make mistakes like healing second boss. 5 gold runs is more reliable criteria.

The problem is that people come to eDemo in low gear and this requires careful play and understanding mechanics of the skimish. Cryptic has not created an article explaining mechanics for Demogorgone like it was done for other Underdark skimishes, so people do not know what to do. The play style for different classes differ due to unusual conditions (unressitable control, continous DoT, etc.), so account wide unlock is not reasonable.

And why, why low geared people come not in the drowcraft armor. It is just 3 weeks of farm to get pieces with all set bonuses that are very helpful with this particular skimish. I understand that people with 3k+ ilv might see no difference, but this is not the case for lower geared.

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Hello. i watched all demogorgon videos when i entered it . I interacted also with the npc and read everything. Cryptic doesnt need to do that when you can read and see video what is happening here. For example if you watch the cutscene before the 2nd phase it says you have to send the boss on the yellow rune stone.
    AND the problem are not the low geared i am prety sure they can listen when someone says at last phase: LURE the boss at entrance because the 1. the sanity is permanent 2. if someone wipe he will enter and will be imidiatelly with others. THE biggest problem are the : hit hit damage matter hit hit braindead.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    HOW could they possible show you how to do it more then they already show you?

THEY already show wayyyyyy too much.

If people cant read/listen to what they already have shown us..

then why cant they listen to the 10 "says" that we tell them EVERY match.

"only open purple portals"
    "tank please drag demo 1st phase away"
    "no tank, im going to get aggro, please be aware not to be in reds"
    "throw at yellow portal, IF YOU CANT make it, throw at well, saves time and we will still get gold"
    "BRING demo to middle.. TO MIDDLE omg!"

but.. nope, they ignore cut scences, ignore players.. and FOLLOW bad builds and guides.. that have no real clue what they are talking about.. barely damage anything and enter edemo.

I level is bad gate. simply put.

You dont need more i level. I have no doubt that over 2000 players or so could strip down to 1.8k (if they let us) and still do this, none whatsoever in fact.

Its not about I level, but how you get to your i level.. sure in the mid 3s it just about evens out.. as you are pretty much forced to put stats in right areas to get to that level.. but in the mid 2ks.. people can have really bad stats.. terrible ones and be horrible.

WE did a match last week.. my cw 90 million, friend hr.. 70 million next dps? 9 million.. after that 4. We probably did 85-90% of the entire damage.

the 9 million one had the gaul at the start to say .. I hope this is a good team..

HOW about instead of hoping its a good team, YOU make it one?

This wasnt a aspect of teams full of utility.. there were plenty of "dps" toons.. they were just terribly bad. If we didnt have the premade the other 5 wouldnt have a hope in the world of getting triple gold.

Frankly I would love to see if we could drop down to 5 players and get double rewards instead for doing it. That would be fun.
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Would have to agree with mamalion,,, it is is not all that hard to understand how this skirmish works,,, the freindly-ish (i forget his name) mind flayer pretty much explains in detail what to do,, and helpfull players are always explaining,, go for purples, etc
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User

I level is bad gate. simply put.

That is why I want 5 gold on normal to be the criteria. It would work as filter and leave them at normal demo getto until they bother to learn. And I farmed twisted weapons for two characters and close to completion on other two. When raid fails, it usually because of mistakes rather than lack of DPS. And it is usually people who are in dusk, elven, or even alliance armor that do all possible mistakes (I started to do inspect on them). They open all portals, they heal second boss, etc.

I'm tired to spam obvious things on each match.

Hoping for good team is nice, but it is hard find it on lfg. Everyone asks for 3k+. Even my 2.7 GWF has a problem of finding a team, except for rare guild runs.

HOW could they possible show you how to do it more then they already show you?

Cutscenes are somewhat ambigous, for example, I do not remember them saying that black seals should not be hit. Luring boss is not self-obvious tactics, one has to know that sanity wells are unstable at far end, this requires some experience with skimish. The same is with portals. It is never said that portals have different score. So one has to listen to chat, but many do not.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Making people to get 5 gold will not help them to improve. It only gives more work to the people who knows what to do.

i.e. making one to queue once every hour (or every 2 hours if he wants to do Dragonflight, decision decision) and hope he can enter (no guarantee) and hope the "team" won't mess up this person (who actually knows how).
    He needs to do that 5 times. For every character? I would say this make more harm than good.

Many people who got gold 5 times in Epic still do not know how. They got 5 gold in Epic because the team successes although he did everything wrong.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***