test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

x2 refinement on artifact weapons

I thought that was supposed to be a change of this mod? it's not showing double? I thought in case I was mistaken that I'd try it on the belt in case I had it backwards but that didn't work either?

Comments

• fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    It's only for when you refine an artifact weapon into another artifact weapon. Remember even with 2x refinement you only get 80% of the rp value.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

I thought that was supposed to be a change of this mod? it's not showing double? I thought in case I was mistaken that I'd try it on the belt in case I had it backwards but that didn't work either?

What artifact weapon and quality are you trying to refine into another?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I misunderstood. I thought it was just double refinement on the weapons all the time because they are so dastardly to upgrade. I didn't realize it was weapons into weapons we were talking. so.. never mind :)
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2016

It's only for when you refine an artifact weapon into another artifact weapon. Remember even with 2x refinement you only get 80% of the rp value.

What!? $@&!?&/(&HAMSTER'bsu$&2&/9/9/$:!!
    Nice cryptic, how about adding more clarification about the new item category "always double refinement" that does not always double refine unless it's an artifact weapon that is going to be consumed.
    Btw, does this mean that the new category "always double refinement" that is supposed to not be affected by double rp events, will now prevent artifact weapons from ever being refined at double rate again?
    In this case, nice job! No blood rubies, no coal wards, and now this. Everything that I have been looking for in this update revealed as a lie. Well maybe not everything, we finally got white dye.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    If its like PC, the items with double refinement on them always refine into other items at double rate. Doesn't have to be weapon into weapon, it just has to be that item being used as the refinement item. Nothing going in to the weapons will be doubled unless there is a 2xRP event, but it will always be at least 2x going into other items.

Come to think of it, I don't think it gets the additional double when used on a same slot item either.....
  • gilesdpgilesdp Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I don't get it. If I feed my old lvl 38 main in a new green I only make it to 36.wth double what where??
  • erageramboeragerambo Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    gilesdp said:

I don't get it. If I feed my old lvl 38 main in a new green I only make it to 36.wth double what where??

Yes because even with double refinement you are ONLY getting 80% of the RP invested into the old Weapon. Make sense?

Investing an old artifact into a new artifact will never give 100% of the original RP value put into the old item even with a critical success. Which is BS. Correct me if I am wrong, but thats the way I understood it.

So basically, I would still wait until x2 RP comes around, as investing that old artifact weapon into a new one will not make the new weapon the same rank as the later, so to get it back up you will need to invest refinement into the new artifact after you use your old one. Investing refinement that is not another artifact weapon will not be double without the event.
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Do uncommon, and rare weapons get "x2" refinement when placed in to artifact weapons?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • gilesdpgilesdp Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    null
    Makes sense tnx 4 the explenation
  • xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    The artifact equipment has always been pretty worthless to refine with other equipment, although the payback is decent at green or blue when it's at 4x. If it's never 4x again (2x for equipment of the same kind; belt into belt, mainhand into mainhand) and then another 2x for double refinement, then it's never really worth it. Does that affect the RP gems, that the double refinement will never work again? That would such a big one.

As far as actual artificacts. The only way I've seen it's fully worth doing artifact artifacts with other artifact artifacts, is to put the higher into the lower during double refinement ( for 10X RP) Say Purple into Green. (But then of course you have to pay to raise the new one back up again in colors so there's that.)

EIther way, different things.