test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leaver penalty

wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
I think that there should be some changes to leaver penaly.

1. If there are 4 or more people are disconnected or left instance, there should be no leaver penaly for the rest. There is usually no chances even for bronze with so few people unless there are some extremly high DPS characters.

2. If the raid started with less then 10 people, there should be also no leaver penality, or the raid should cancelled if there are less than 10 people are at start. Some people just leave few seconds before raid start.

Comments

• therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    What bothers me is that due to the way the current queue system works, it is possible that you start with much less than 10 people. In my case, we ended up in the Demo cave with 4 people only. We waited a few minutes, but no reinforcements came. So the other three left and I was sitting there alone. I left as well and got the penalty... *rolleyes*

I have some hopes for the new queue system, especially that such HAMSTER does not happen anymore at all. And no, I am not laboring under the delusion that anything in the current queue system will be fixed before mod 9.
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User

What bothers me is that due to the way the current queue system works, it is possible that you start with much less than 10 people. In my case, we ended up in the Demo cave with 4 people only. We waited a few minutes, but no reinforcements came. So the other three left and I was sitting there alone. I left as well and got the penalty... *rolleyes*

This is exactly why I have added item 2. I have been in this situation several times, some people do not come, some leave even before battle start, but penalized are people who are remaining. They either have to waste time waiting for raid to finish and or have a leaver penality.

Also, I think that new queue system will be harsh to low geared ones that now have some chances of getting into gold or silver runs.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    The possibility of leaving without penality is just implemented in PvP, not in PvE. In EDemo you can either live with the penalty, go AFK or fight EDemo alone, as I did the last time.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    They should make the leave penalty across all accounts. It is just ridiculous how players can now simply change character and play on other character. They will not receive a leave penalty on any of their characters as they don't ever leave a party ... they just go into disconnected state.

It should be that you CAN'T enter a dungeon,Skirmish or PVP while one of your characters is still in one.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    mynaam said:

It should be that you CAN'T enter a dungeon,Skirmish or PVP while one of your characters is still in one.

I thought about this idea too, but it is kinda dagerous. It would be good only if other changes to leaver penalty are implemented.

• vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    Leaver penalty should be tougher; the 30 mins should only cooldown if you are still logged on that character. Switching toons should pause the penalty cooldown.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    mynaam said:

They should make the leave penalty across all accounts. It is just ridiculous how players can now simply change character and play on other character. They will not receive a leave penalty on any of their characters as they don't ever leave a party ... they just go into disconnected state.

vcek said:

Leaver penalty should be tougher; the 30 mins should only cooldown if you are still logged on that character. Switching toons should pause the penalty cooldown.

No, as long as you cant kick AFKlers or trolls, this would not solve the problem at all. I hope, that the new que system will let the leader of the premade kick party members. If there is a griever, a troll or an AFK player, you kick him.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    I'd forbid any kicking at all. Make clear rules and if they are violated, let the system kick you. My first attempt for such a rule would be: if there was one minute no movement and no attack against an enemy, you are kicked. Period.