test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cattie-Bre??

gangrel069gangrel069 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place for my question, but i'll ask it anyway. i was just wondering why Cattie-brie is not represented in the game. as one of the key characters in the companions, shouldn't she be there? Dahlia was a main character also in the Neverwinter books, but she is not present either. I guess i could see an argument for why her and the character, Artemis are not there since they were only sub-characters. But Cattie-bre is a main character in every book. Regis is there but not her. Doesn't make sense. Why isn't she there?

Answers

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Where, exactly, does Neverwinter fall in the Forgotten Realms timeline?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Drizzle just showed up? I'd assume his love interest wouldn't be here without him.. so - maybe that's why?​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• joan234joan234 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    This time line is trashed the spell plague was after the companions of the hall. Dritzz was the only one left after its fall out. Cat actually died because of touching the weave. So forget time line it's way past saving.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    joan234 said:

This time line is trashed the spell plague was after the companions of the hall. Dritzz was the only one left after its fall out. Cat actually died because of touching the weave. So forget time line it's way past saving.

Salvatore wrote his way around that problem.

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • aettthornaettthorn Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    joan234 said:

Which is why Bruenor and Regis are dead. Oh wait...
  • deceondarkbladedeceondarkblade Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Mielliki
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I would personally love to have all the companions in Neverwinter!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    the timeline in the game does not match the books at all. Just give it up. You could make the case with mod 8 Salvatore foundries that we are experiencing before the companions are rejoined but after the rebirth gift from @Mielliki. However in chapter 9 you join Bruener to go help Pwent which kind of makes sense Bruener does go to guantalgrym to retrieve his helm.

However when everything gets messy is that all of this happened before the rise of tiamat which was in module 5 since the rise of tiamat happened in the books after the companions are rejoined, pwent is freed'ish, and the campaigns to remove the Many Arrows is complete.

Meanwhile Drow are still running around Dwarven Valley and the sky was never cast into darkness.

so basically I think you have to enjoy the game as is, and allow the lore set to progress on a different plane from the books. This is one reason why it may have been best to keep the characters in the book separate from the game since game development cannot keep up.