test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There is something wrong with Companions!

wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
I have thought they are not working correctly for a while and have poste previously about stats not showing right and them not having the right numbers when looking at them after equipping them.

For instance my Lv40 Legendary Mercenary shows on his stats screen as having 29603 HP. But this is certainly not the case, whenever he dies and I resurrect him he only has 21609 HP and that is fully healing him. If he gets up on his own its the same just 21609 HP.

This is not the only Companion that I am seeing this. This probably ties in to my previous bug report about companions and their stats/equipment.
Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
Alts :
Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe

Comments

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Can anyone else confirm this is happening?

I`m pretty sure a lot of the stats we put on companions are not working properly as the numbers do not match up.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    edited February 2016
    Can someone comment on this from the Developers side please... Confirmation that this is indeed a bug and being looked into??

It costs 1.5mil AD just to get my Merc from Blue to Orange, not just this Companion but others too.

You ask for a lot of investment to upgrade our Companions and equip them so they need to have the right stats.

All you have to do to observe this is let your Companion die, revive them with the bell or let them get up on their own and see that their HP in no way matches what they are supposed to have. Not just this but just look at their stats on the main playing screen (press "select" and inspect Companion), these stats are completely wrong and I highlighted a long time ago with no replies from your side of things.

I know we are not supposed to bump threads but this is the 2nd one I have created about similar Companion issues and I have never had any kind of response etc, I want to upgrade and play with more Companions but the lack of information coming my way has stopped me from doing so.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Update from myself as no-one else is.... I tried putting a Savage Rank 10 Rune onto my Companion and it did indeed show his HP was now above 30k etc.

But when he is revived by the Bell, or gets up on his own he only has 21k of HP. He does have more HP when revived than without the Savage Enchant so the Enchant seems to be working.

@strumslinger please can someone offer some feedback, are the Devs aware etc of this.

It costs a lot of Zen to get the Hierloom Pack for the Merc, then 1.5mil AD to upgrade to Orange, then Lv25 Jewelcrafting including making 3 personalised items for him so all those tools/eggs/Unified Elements, then all the Refinement to have Rank 10 Runes in all his slots, then all the Wards used to get to that stage etc etc etc, that is just levelling up ONE companion... I am happy to do that but they do not work as advertised!!!

It cost an absolute fortune in resources to get that 1 Companions to where I wanted him so I expect him to actually work or someone to talk to us about it, or even confirm this is being looked at.

I have been reluctant to test any other Companions for you guys as I have pretty much never had a response to any bugs/issues I find really. If Companions were cheap to equip/make then it would not be so bad.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Another update, more of an apology as well as I was mistaken in one of my earlier comments. Putting a Savage Rune on the Merc (possibly other Companions) gives him the correct HP according to the stats screen.

But it does not work, when the Merc is resurrected via the bell or on his own he in fact still has the same 21k HP... He is missing over 10k HP when I had 2 Savage Runes on him.

So in addition to my earlier bug that the HP is not right, increasing it also does nothing for the Companion.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I've forwarded this to the devs. Sorry for the late reply.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

edited April 2016
    @kreatyve @strumslinger is there any chance of a response to this bug please.

I mentioned before it takes millions and millions to get a Companion to a decent level etc. For them not to have the correct level of HP makes it completely worthless to upgrade them to the maximum level. It is only worth upgrading one for the 15% stats sent over... Any more than that is just a waste of money until they have the correct stats in game.

If it is known that there is this problem it could stop a lot of people upgrading more Companions to Legendary.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This would be something that @terramak might have an answer to. I know that Andy forwarded it to the devs, but in the midst of the module launch and some bad exploits, it may have gotten lost in the shuffle. I will bring it up with him again tomorrow.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    Many thanks :)

I was thinking that some people complain about multi procs of Companions Gift, if upgraded Companions had the correct level of HP they may not die quite as much.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Honestly how long are we going to put up with Upgraded Companion's missing almost 10k HP?
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    @strumslinger
    @kreatyve
    @terramak

Hi guys... I just want to let you know I am extremely disheartened now with this... I have told you about Companions missing a whole load of HP since last year. I have also recently tested and can see that most Epic Companions are also missing a bunch of HP.

Not only this but I have just purchased a Harper Bard from the AH for 1mil... then I spent at least 500k AD to upgrade him to Epic status.

Now I have found that one of his powers does not even work. Soothing Soul or whatever it is called does not give you 10% extra max HP at all, it does not even heal you so it does nothing.

So now I have spent probably 5mil AD which is nearly everything I have earned really in-game and pretty much have at least 2 broken companions.

My Legendary Merc is missing 10k HP as well my Mount Insignia Companions Compadrie (spell check) does not work at all on him. I do not get the 3% Power and Defence when he strikes.

My Epic Bard is missing HP and has an Encounter Power which is worthless.

Most of my other upgraded Companions are missing HP... As mentioned before you can see this when a Companion revives themselves or you use the bell.

I have quite literally thrown my pad away from myself and really thinking of just getting rid of Neverwinter, after all the promoting I have done for the game.

Companions are a HUGE part of this game for people, please sort them out and just give them the correct HP and make their powers actually work. I`m fuming as I could have spent all that AD on myself instead of broken Companions.

Thank you for your time.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    I have posted on Reddit as well trying to drum up support for our Companions to be fixed.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Watching this with Great interest, suspected there were issues with Companions for a while.
    I have been banging on about this as far back as last September, each time getting a little bit more vocal. Now I`m just completely fed up of wasting all my valuable resources.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    wdj40 said:

I have been banging on about this as far back as last September, each time getting a little bit more vocal. Now I`m just completely fed up of wasting all my valuable resources.

The bug isn't exactly the companion, it's the enchantments you are using. So, it could be either from a problem solving point of view.

Multi-stat enchantments do not work properly on companions. A temporary work around is to switch to single stat enchantments , darks, radiants etc. until they get around to fixing it. This will give you full credit of the stats and only use multi-stat enchantments on characters.
    edited June 2016
    @zephyriah it has nothing to do with Enchantments if you read all of my posts. The Multi-Stat Enchantments not showing up on a Companions stats sheet is a completely another issue.

Check this bug for yourself. Just stand there and watch your Legendary Merc (possibly other Legendary Companions) die... then watch him revive himself or use your Liara's Bell... Look at the health the Companion gets when reviving. It does not match the HP the Companion is supposed to have.

Not just the Legendary Merc... check the same thing on some Epic Companions. Watch them revive at full health and see their health does not match up to what they should have.

There is HP missing... in the Legendary example he is missing almost 10k HP.

All this has nothing to do with the Enchants the Companion has equipped... That is a whole another bug, not just that but if you put an Enchant onto a Companion for extra HP for them, that doesn`t work either.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    wdj40 said:

There is HP missing... in the Legendary example he is missing almost 10k HP.

All this has nothing to do with the Enchants the Companion has equipped... That is a whole another bug, not just that but if you put an Enchant onto a Companion for extra HP for them, that doesn`t work either.

Sorry, but I suspect they are related.

Tested per your request. Conditions:
    Using a 3300 ilvl DC.
    Whispering Caverns-Vilithrax (solo, no other players fighting or affecting results)
    Legendary Panther- Health from stat sheet 31,764
    -Health from pet's status bar 31,765(one point higher than stat sheet)

Move around Vilithrax until companion finally dies, use Lliira'a bell to resurrect. Check health on status bar 31,765. Move more and allow companion to die but this time wait for companion to self resurrect, health bar is 31,765. Repeated several more time with same result, no loss of hit points at anytime.

I do not have any multi-stat enchantments on the panther and the other companions active include a green, a blue , a purple and another Legendary (an Ioun Stone).

As you can see, my results do not match yours. So, the issue may come from some difference. The Enchantments, type of companion, buffs/defuffs or maybe even a feat or boon.
    Look at the number on screen.. not on the health bar and not in the stats sheet.

When the Companion revives look at him... does the green number, when he gets up, match the number in the Companion Stats sheet?
    I am talking about the green visual number of health the Companion gets when reviving on screen, whilst in combat etc, this is the true HP of the Companion. It should match the HP in the Companions stats sheet.

I also have no enchants that effect HP. I just use Darks and Azures on my Companion.

On many Companions I have tested at Epic and my Legedary Merc do not have the correct HP. When the servers come back up I`ll do some screen shots and show you again.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    edited June 2016
    wdj40 said:

Look at the number on screen.. not on the health bar and not in the stats sheet.

When the Companion revives look at him... does the green number, when he gets up, match the number in the Companion Stats sheet?

So if I now understand, you are simply talking about a displayed amount of the heal showing a lower number than expected? If the companions health bar fills all the way and has the correct number of points, what does it matter what the number on the screen says?

Your claim was that health points were missing. That number is not your health points. It is the amount of a heal from one source (resurrection counts as a heal) and there are often others. It could indicate missing heal amounts if the amount displayed is lower than expected, but my tests do not show that. My companion was always fully healed +1 to the total on his stat sheet.

I look forward to the screen shots, but also you should also watch the fullness of the health bar and the health point total displayed there on the companion. If you are actually missing health points, the total will change or the health bar will not completely fill.

You are completely missing the point and I am just not getting through to you.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    wdj40 said:

You are completely missing the point and I am just not getting through to you.

Maybe I am. Maybe not. The screenshots should help. I'm just trying to understand.

What I think might be happening is that you think that resurrection should heal you for the full amount of HP listed, it doesn't and it does not say that it does. What it actually says/does is heal the companion to full health. This is after other heals/health restoration are done. This is all calculated in a split second. The other heals must be calculated first because they can proc other events.The final heal, the large amount, will only display the remaining amount it takes to get the companion to its max total. If the companion got 10,000 from other sources, then only 20,000 will be displayed, but the companion will actually have 30,000 health.

The screenshots will show if my interpretation is correct by comparing the heal amount, the fullness of the health bar and the health total from the health bar.
    edited June 2016
    Hmmm something is really weird... the health he gets on reviving does not match his health he should have. On reviving he gets 21609... but

The last death shows him taking 3723, 3192, 4189, 3195, 4168, 3401, 4857, 3181

This all adds up to just over 29k which is correct.

Urgh I hate being wrong... clip http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/18632712
    Post edited by wdj40 on
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    wdj40 said:

Hmmm something is really weird... the health he gets on reviving does not match his health he should have. On reviving he gets 21609... but

The last death shows him taking 3723, 3192, 4189, 3195, 4168, 3401, 4857, 3181

This all adds up to just over 29k which is correct.

Urgh I hate being wrong... clip http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/18632712

I wouldn't say you were wrong, just focused on the wrong data point.

Just like your character, when revived you come back with some amount of health points (not displayed on screen and it's a % of total health), then effects from feats/boons and other healing effects (may or may not be displayed and may be zero), and then lastly the amount to heal to full health (displayed on screen).
    edited June 2016
    My latest post on Reddit... I`ll just copy and paste it as I edited the main post.

EDIT please note I have not changed my initial post, I have just added to the bottom of it.

Here is my original thread on the Arc Forum http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1211720/there-is-something-wrong-with-companions

Here is an older bug report on the Arc Forum from December http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1209518/companion-stats-bug-only-tested-with-yeti which is along similar lines as its about Companions stats not being correct.

Anyhoo here is my latest rant on the Arc Forum on my bug report.

"Hi guys... I just want to let you know I am extremely disheartened now with this... I have told you about Companions missing a whole load of HP since last year. I have also recently tested and can see that most Epic Companions are also missing a bunch of HP.

Not only this but I have just purchased a Harper Bard from the AH for 1mil... then I spent at least 500k AD to upgrade him to Epic status.

Now I have found that one of his powers does not even work. Song of Rest does not give you 10% extra max HP at all, it does not even heal you so it does nothing.

So now I have spent probably at least 5mil AD, which is nearly everything I have earned really, in-game and pretty much have at least 2 broken companions.

My Legendary Merc is missing 10k HP as well my Mount Insignia Companions Compadrie (spell check) does not work at all on him. I do not get the 3% Power and Defence when he strikes.

My Epic Bard is missing HP and has an Encounter Power which is worthless.

Most of my other upgraded Companions are missing HP... As mentioned before you can see this when a Companion revives themselves or you use the bell.

I have quite literally thrown my pad away from myself and really thinking of just getting rid of Neverwinter, after all the promoting I have done for the game.

Companions are a HUGE part of this game for people, please sort them out and just give them the correct HP and make their powers actually work. I`m fuming as I could have spent all that AD on myself instead of broken Companions.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT TIME... ok after some extensive testing the Legendary Merc does indeed have just over 29k HP which can be shown in this clip http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/18632712 on his last death I calculated he did have 29k HP... no idea where or why the 21k green number pops up when he revives which states 21k.

BUT THE BARD'S 3RD ENCOUNTER POWER DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. YOU DO NOT GET THE 10% HP AS STATED AND HE DOES NOT EVEN USE THE POWER!!
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • aerinn#7498 aerinn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Noticed a similar issue

Is there a problem with companion stats? While doing some work with companions last night I noticed that my companion had 2289 power on his character sheet, however in the game screen if I looked at the companion stats via touch pad, the companion only had 1528, losing around 700 power.
    I summoned some different companions and noticed the same thing.
    Not sure if we losing the stat in game, or whether tooltip is just wrong?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/57g2h1/ps4_companion_stat_loss/
  • frostmark5frostmark5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I too have an issue with my Companion stat:

I have a Battlefield Medic bound to my lv 60 SW.
    The active stat of +6 Incoming Healing is not applying to my character. Not only does it not apply when playing, but it doesn't show up on my character sheet.
    I also have a lv.70 TR with the same companion and the stat shows up in Character sheet as well as during play.
    How can this be fixed?

PS. I plan on making a New Discussion on this as soon as I am able too.....I'm a new user to forum and can't create new topic, though I have had an acct with arc since early 2015 lol.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    A working Young Yeti would be nice too, getting big is great and all, but I mainly got it for the damage increase...

I'm gonna need you to go ahead and get that working, or you could refund that 750k AD I used on upgrading it, okay?
  • nahamston#7706 nahamston Member Posts: 3 New User
    Just a heads up the following post contains reproduction steps on how to do something that is not appropriate for all audiances, do not get mad at me for making the following post I am just trying to avoid some child from being exposed to something thay should not be exposed to.
  • nahamston#7706 nahamston Member Posts: 3 New User
    As I can not yet post a new discussion, I am forced to use this thread as it concerns issues with compainions it is as good a place as any. The issue I have notice is with humanoid compainions, particularly the females, when you choose a new skin for the first time for your female compainion, it actually shows her complete nude. I'm not talking like bra and panties I mean full frontal let the gilrs out to play nudity. At first I wasn't sure if I was seeing it right but then it happened with the simiril compainion and the image stayed up long enough for it to actually register in my brain what I was seeing and yep fully nude. I am sure this is an issue that you are not aware of and will want to fix immediately, To reproduce this bug just level the companion till you can choose a new skin then choose it.
  • enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User

As I can not yet post a new discussion, I am forced to use this thread as it concerns issues with compainions it is as good a place as any. ...............

Assuming that wasn't a joke, it's not a bug, it's just the system taking it's time loading up the clothing, armor, textures and such. It happens on just about any character in the game and even level map environments. If it stayed that way for an extended period of time then you'd have something being wrong there.