test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rendering takes ages

nuitrarinuitrari Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
Hi all hopefully some one can help me out, for the last week maybe week and a half the game takes ages to render, meaning I see a lot of white patches and cubes instead of effects or objects also the UI take a long time to load all the way meaning I see partial menus.
Its most noticeable in PE but not limited to it, had it happen to me in character selection as well.
Now before you start blaming my hardware I'm using a GTX 980 TI and a i7 4970k processor, I do realize it might be a driver issue but I got the latest drivers installed both from Invidia and from Microsoft (using Windows 10 Pro).
I did play around with the graphics setting dropping it all the way down and raising it all the way up and every thing in between but without any positive result.
Any ideas any one?

Comments

• Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I hear you...have you, by any chance, made a OS upgrade or reinstall lately?

I had the same issue after I did fresh OS install some time ago, I even posted on these forums to ask what can be wrong. It took a month or so than I got an SSD drive so again, made another fresh install - the problem went straight away.

Of course it does't mean it's linked to your hardware. For whatever reason game went bonkers for me and than repaired itself so yeah...go figure.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    annjaannja Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hi Nuitrari,
    I have been browsing the forums for at least a year looking to see if anyone else had this problem, this if the first I've see. I've been putting up with it for so long that I thought it was just the way Neverwinter was on my machine. Kemi1984's answer got me thinking and I decided to see if cleaning my cache would work as well and a fresh install and the game has never looked better or worked this well for me.

My Neverwinter folder is located at C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios so here I created a new folder I named copy of cef_cache. Then I cut and past all the files out of C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\cef_cache to the new folder. as the other 2 folders in that directory were empty I ignored them.

My next step was to go to C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live which also has a cache folder, I again created a new folder and did a cut and past from C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Cache to the new folder.