test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mad dash tactic?

spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
In more than a few dungeons and skirmishes, I have had someone attempt to just outrun all enemies and do a mad dash to the finish. I've seen this attempted to varying degrees of success by TR, DC, GF, GWF and I've been wondering if this is becoming a norm somehow. I'm not talking about the tactic of drawing the fight to a respawn point, or something like that. Just someone doing a f all and trying to clear a map by outrunning all fights.

More often than not, it screws the other members of the team who have a rotten choice: try to keep up and maybe leave slower teammates to die, or fight as a team that is short 1 man. What's worse, if you die while trying to keep up, you respawn alone with all the monsters still ahead of you.

What do you do in these cases?

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    When on my cleric, any time I see someone do this & leave enemies for other to face alone I vote to kick. If they've left something on the ground so they can't be kicked I tell them I'm not moving until they come back and play normally. If they don't come back I go for a smoke and maybe a coffee...

Edit, the only time I see this as acceptable is when they lure the enemy to follow them with the intention of having one big fight at the end - Pallys are good for this.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I have seen/done this in Epic Shore and Epic Spider. No other ones work out easy enough to do that. The main reason I do it, is because more often then not...using AOE attacks will kill the big groups quicker, therefore the run is quicker.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

When on my cleric, any time I see someone do this & leave enemies for other to face alone I vote to kick. If they've left something on the ground so they can't be kicked I tell them I'm not moving until they come back and play normally. If they don't come back I go for a smoke and maybe a coffee...

Edit, the only time I see this as acceptable is when they lure the enemy to follow them with the intention of having one big fight at the end - Pallys are good for this.

I do this with my HR, in Shores or LoL or whatever I just pull all the enemies to 1 spot and get to work. I don't get killed so it just makes part of the run quicker. If I do see people trying to do it normally I will do the same.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    OK, I understand the 'draw everything to a single fight further down'. Most toons can keep up, so no problem. What I don't get is the part where someone keeps running even though the party isn't keeping up.

For example, I had someone speed through the Sharandar reservoir, all the way through to the boss, grab the chest without killing the boss and leave. Didn't know you could do that. I couldn't, anyway. Luckily, I can solo that lair just fine, but not until I died at the hands of all the aggroed enemies.

Saw the same thing attempted by others in baby spider and other runs, mostly resulting in runner dying or getting stuck at boss campfire, waiting for the team to catch up. Kind of snobbish, IMHO.

I play a speedy TR and a slow moving OP. I can manage fine but...I guess it's the lack of communication that gets me. One moment, I'm helping out and the next, eating dust.

Anyway, to those who do this, please consider the weaker members of the group? If you leave everyone in a lurch, it kind of takes the fun out and ultimately, the run takes longer.
  • Options
    markeemark1322markeemark1322 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Had that happen to me the other day in one of the dread ring lairs it was a rogue and I was on my gf he ran all the way to the end grab the chest then left me in there to fight all the enemies alone and I had all my support encounters on so let's just say it took me a long time for that reason I will no longer help anyone with those lair quests I'll just do solo them since people beg for help in zone chat then want to act like that when you help them.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Exactly. To be fair if someone wants to run with those tactics in something like a Dread Ring lair they should go in alone - they have no need to group up.

In Shores it's common practice to run through to the doors, pulling mobs and killing in one go - that's fine as it's a group effort - but simply going stealth & flying past mobs that are left for others? Kick or prevent them from completing.

Edit; I ran a 3 man spider for quick AD the other day and saw two TR's had somehow bypassed the first door completely :o

I was on my CW and deliberately took my time clearing every single enemy and picking up every green drop (except one ;) ). I also had the opportunity to lol at them in group chat as they died about 3 times :smiley:

I managed to drag it out by an extra 15 minutes or so just to get some revenge. Petty? yes, but revenge usually is!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    markeemark1322markeemark1322 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yea just bugged me cause he was begging for help in zone chat so I figured I'd switch my encounters on my gf to support stuff and give him a hand instead I get stuck fighting every enemy in the lair by myself with no damaging encounters
  • Options
    enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

DC's can do this easily in just about all Sharandar dungeons, dragging all enemies to fight at the end, some being easier to do with than others (YMMV). Slower players should stay behind, not draw aggro and follow behind the mob.
  • Options
    I've yet to see someone drag all enemies to the end. At some point, the enemies reach a perimeter beyond which they turn back. If this chase zone is small, the enemies get the slow party members.
  • Options
    farmerreg#0580 farmerreg Member Posts: 37 Arc User

Had that happen to me the other day in one of the dread ring lairs it was a rogue and I was on my gf he ran all the way to the end grab the chest then left me in there to fight all the enemies alone and I had all my support encounters on so let's just say it took me a long time for that reason I will no longer help anyone with those lair quests I'll just do solo them since people beg for help in zone chat then want to act like that when you help them.

I thought you had to beat the end boss to open the chest in the Dread ring?? Unless they're looting the gauntlet chest.........
  • Options
    enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User

I've yet to see someone drag all enemies to the end. At some point, the enemies reach a perimeter beyond which they turn back. If this chase zone is small, the enemies get the slow party members.

My main experience with this is while soloing Sharandar dungeons. In Gnarlroot, Celadaine and Arcane they'll all chase you to the end, maybe some of the early ones turn back ( I wouldn't really know) but more than enough follow you to make it one hell of a fight at the end (especially Arcane-not recommended here). Witch's Fen is great for this since it's a bunch of short stops. Quickling Den is in a league on it's own. They all chase you but due to the sheer amount of lag it causes I stop at the top of the hill incline and make a stand there. However some quicklings get caught on the environment and are unable to follow you, so teammates will encounter them on their way to join you (something I learned when I tried it out with friend).
  • Options
    firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    HA, the quickling den. I went and ran through it, I was solo, and it did indeed cause CRAZY lag. Granted I was on my GWF, so two swings of my sword killed everything, but still, that lag was crazy.