test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 2/4 at 7AM PT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Update 8:32AM PT: Maintenance has completed early!

Neverwinter will have its scheduled maintenance tomorrow 2/4 at 7AM PT - same time as usual - for roughly 2 hours.

Patch notes can be found here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9774133

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    I feel like the reason why devs never see our suggestions is that chat mods just delete them over and over again.
  • Options
    mantera47mantera47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    tousseau said:

What about pre-existing +4 rings?

Will they be updated with this patch?

I believe this will answer your question:

arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1211407/underdark-preview-patch-notes-nw-55-20160125b-2-2016-02-03-update/p2
    asterdahl said:

morenthar said:

Will the extra slot on +4 rings be retroactive? *begs that this is the case*

I most certainly hope it is retroactive.
    These changes will be retroactive. In general, the only large change to items that is not retroactive is bind status. That is to say, if an item is changed to a more "open" bind status, this will not retroactively affect items that are already more closed. This is due to the way the bind system works, as that information is persisted on an item by item basis.

To give a little background into this change, these Underdark rings were designed to provide interesting alternatives to personalized rings and masterwork rings for more casual adventurers, while providing super rare rings to hunt after as well. However, as common wisdom became to not use anything below a 2 slot ring, regardless of the rank of gems available for those slots, we felt that the number of adventurers using these rings wasn't as high as we'd like. With masterwork rings finally beginning to pop up on the auction house, we feel safe making a change that might slightly devalue personalized rings.

That being said, keep in mind, the +4 rings will not have the same double offense or double defense arrangement that their corresponding +5 rings posses. Finding a +5 ring or purchasing a masterwork ring will still be a valuable enterprise.
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    Yeah that is true. But the rosegolds really aren't that amazing lol. The stats on most of them are pretttttty bad. Unless you use a legacy set, and want extra tenacity, then the demo rings I think are WAY better.