test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant Direct X Crashes. At times, Can't Play the game at all :/

lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
It's been 2 or maybe more weeks now the game hangs and gives me all sorts of Direct X error messages like below

Other times it's "DEVICE HUNG" or something about "Creating Polygon Instance"
It either crashes giving me Direct X error messages or completely freezes my pc over.

My problem is that some days the game works just fine, maybe for one or two days, then it turns into hell.

Tests / checks i've ran include:
GPU Direct X Stress test / Benchmarks : Checked and Clear
Direct X check: Clear
Realtime GPU usage / Temperature Monitoring : checked and clear
GPU Drivers: Latest
Motherboard Drivers: Latest
Tweaking GFX Quality Values in game: I've probably rotated through any possible combination, all Direct X modes, V-sync on/off, AA- all modes/off, post processing, shadows, underwater views etc on or off, the works....nothing

And now I'm at a loss. I can't play.

I'm not running the game through steam.
I've been running other games with absolutely no problem.
I'm having issues only with NW.

The only thing I can point out is that this begun when the Shader bug was fixed.
I used to have the shader bug many people had, where you saw untextured polygons. As soon as that was gone (a few weeks ago) this crashing issue appeared,

Please help.

Post edited by lowendus on

Comments

• lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Have you tried rolling back to a previous GPU driver? Can you log on in safe mode? Give us something concrete to work with and perhaps we can get you sorted out.

That's the last thing I was gonna try last night but didn't have the time to do it.
    Downloaded 3 different versions of Nvidia drivers.
    2 versions prior to the latest (currently installed on my system)
    1 hotfix version issued a few days ago (this one gave me the same errors)

Safe mode resulted in crashing at the toon select screen. I had to delete the prefs file and try to run it again.
    It's really frustrating. The game loads fine after a few tries. I maybe run a dungeon or skirmish, then all of a sudden zap!
    it's over, other times I just crash sitting idle in PE while talking in chat :|

Gonna wait it out and try to play again tonight after the patch is applied to see if the VFX and GFX issues addressed (it's in the patch notes) is in any way a part of the whole issue I'm having, then trying the older Driver Versions after I go ddu on the current ones.

Gonna check again after work tonight.

Wish me luck.