test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled maintenance 2/2 at 7AM PT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Update 11:18AM PT: Maintenance is complete!

Update 11:03AM PT: Lord Neverember needs to extend maintenance to 12PM PT.

Update 9:38AM PT: Maintenance has been extended until 11AM PT. Lord Neverember would like to apologize for any inconveniences.

Update 8:30AM PT: Due to an issue our wizards discovered, we need to extend maintenance to 9:30AM PT.

Neverwinter Xbox One will have its scheduled maintenance tomorrow 2/2 at 7AM PT for roughly 1.5 hours. It will just be a server reset.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    nightshift56#8963 nightshift56 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Is the issue an IT related issue or one that would affect gameplay?
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Lol if it took me 4 hours to turn a server off and on again I would've been checking the 'wanted' ads by the next morning...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    With a typical "server reset" taking an hour and a half you know more is being done behind the sceens like database backups / snapshots, deleting registry entries and error logs, shutting down and restarting virtual servers, but my guess is that this level of detail is not discussed due to it being 'need to know' info that could potentially migrate into discusions that get into propriatary topics that they obviously don't want disussed on their public forum.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    haha they've just added another hour making it 5 hours so far - you couldn't make it up. I bet they add another in 60 minutes....
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    tya#6657 tya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Okay I try really hard to not complain. I love the game. But on my day where I started out having 5 hours uninterrupted play time I am down to 2... or less. Why can't these updates be done starting at 3 am like most mmo's I've played? Silly if you ask me that they are done during times when many people are just getting on to play
  • Options
    teckkev#4760 teckkev Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I just started to play yesterday morning. Free game.. why not try it.... want me to buy currency? nah, let's see what the FREE game is. Not bad.... WoW imitation... LAG is bad in the 'Capital'... Missions are easy to follow (most).... pay out really sucks and buying is at insane amounts... crafting is/was confusing... everyone is farming marks (makes missions harder to do).... too many different in-game currencies... I keep playing. It kills time. Now.. scheduled maintenance that extends to unreasonable amount of time... after the 1 time increase, you are just better off stating it is down indefinitely. SWG and WoW had situations like this, but they never called it scheduled maintenance! It happens when a patch is being made. I assume this is a scheduled patch update? I think I will keep this game on the low priority list of games to play on my system.
  • Options
    The server reset times could be driven by the schedules of their IT staff. At 3am there may be just a skeleton crew managing the servers.
  • Options
    Thanks Andy

As Minsc would say: If we are adventurers, then let us adventure.
  • Options
    The time seems excessive, but hopefully issues that have crept up this past week are being addressed.
  • Options
    tya#6657 tya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Honestly think that a skeleton crew at 3am isn't the norm? Other MMOs still manage it.

Truthfully wouldn't be so frustrating if I hadn't been stuck for 3 days on 2 characters unable to leave zones or quest in those zones while stuck. Finally got playability back to them and now can't play due to scheduled maintenance that has been extended 3 times totalling an extra 3.5 hours so far.
    In their own words: scheduled maintenance for roughly 1.5 hours .... just a server reset. After all the issues last week I would have thought there shouldn't be many issues that could be a surprise. Seems maintenance team hasn't done a good job of maintaining to me?
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Speaking as one of the many, many players who don't live in America... the current time is fine. :p
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    scheduled maintenance is scheduled. LOL. it's every tuesday morning at 7 am to usually 8 or 9 am. something bigger happened this morning. it's unusual. but I wouldn't take time off or put any stock in playing this game on tuesday mornings cause that's when they do this. and sometimes it takes longer than anticipated. (and yeah I'm guessing it has something to do iwht underdark dropping next week)
This discussion has been closed.