test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Class should I make?

I like doing a lot of damage in PVP and PVE.
I will never be lv 70 so don't tell me I should be a class based off of ptw lv 70 BiS characters.

Answers

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    GWF, no brainer
    FrozenFire
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    If you join a guild, its actually nowhere near as difficult as you think it is to get to 70. There is a guild quest that gives roughly 70k XP per day, if you do that quest once a day and do like 4 quests in drowned shore/reclamation rock/fiery pit/spinward rise per day, it won't take you that long at all. I can help you out with it in game if you like.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Not really... Get the ensorcelled stuff (pretty darn cheap), and get some Vorp if possible, nothing in PvE can hold you back. I did it and have all the classes, but I don't like melee classes so I have up. Also, in the very beginning OP is a pretty good hitter
    FrozenFire
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

If you join a guild, its actually nowhere near as difficult as you think it is to get to 70. There is a guild quest that gives roughly 70k XP per day, if you do that quest once a day and do like 4 quests in drowned shore/reclamation rock/fiery pit/spinward rise per day, it won't take you that long at all. I can help you out with it in game if you like.

Although that's nice of you, it's not a good idea. I live in Europe so I don't think we play at the same time, and I only play on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Also, I see no quest that gives 70K XP. The most is the dungeon delves one from the cleric, and it only gives about 27k at lv 60.
    I play in a Europian timezone, although I live in Africa, not Europe.
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Go for feytouch/terror if you want play both PvP/PvE. GF has lowest crit chance from all classes. Vorp is nice if you plan play another classes.
    200_s.gif
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    GWF.. hands down.

I dont know what game you guys are playing and yes , I have all the classes. GWF will fly through content by a factor of 10-20X FASTER then other classes.. Paladin is great at lower levels but as time marches on, its dps curve flattens and you will find yourself staring at the screen half the time, thinking how nice your gwf was at killing things.

If your going to get a vorp, you will need to get some crit enchants for it. otherwise dont bother.

Invest in some azures/darks and you will be fine

Otherwise go for plague /terror , plague is cheap and frankly one of the better enchants in game.
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2016

GWF.. hands down.

I dont know what game you guys are playing and yes , I have all the classes. GWF will fly through content by a factor of 10-20X FASTER then other classes.. Paladin is great at lower levels but as time marches on, its dps curve flattens and you will find yourself staring at the screen half the time, thinking how nice your gwf was at killing things.

If your going to get a vorp, you will need to get some crit enchants for it. otherwise dont bother.

Invest in some azures/darks and you will be fine

Otherwise go for plague /terror , plague is cheap and frankly one of the better enchants in game.

GWF need BiS gear to compete in PvP. In PvE yeah, GWF is easiest strieker to level up, SW (another top striker) can be strugged during 61-70 leveling. GF is best option imo. Specially if they plan nerf OP for next module.

Btw, you should know GF is not striker, so dont expect high numbers in dungeons. However conq GF deal nice in PvP or solo PvE content.
    200_s.gif
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2016

GWF, no brainer

for pvp this is only true if you have a BiS gwf, even rank 10s won't do (rank 12s, all mythic, max tenacity, and major reinforcement kits)

oh..and trans. enchants
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    I stopped PvP after mod 4,so couldn't tell you, but the answer is crystal clear for PvE.

GWF (Swordmaster) easily outshines all DPS classes.

You spend a fraction of the money and time to get the equivalent of any other DPS class. Essentially you get to do the same damage as other BIS classes, at about 1000 less gear score, and then build massively from there.
    You get awesome DPS, survivability (compared to the squishes), and you're generally faster to the punch.
    You get great feat bonuses and can smash it out even with at-wills.
    Compare to, say the design behind a DPS CW (SpellStorm/Thau), where the final 6 of the final 7 highest level powers are complete rubbish (only Disintegrate gets used).
    Poor old SWs get by (very nicely!) only with broken exploits.
    As a GWF, you are anointed for DPS by the Devs, and others only stay within vague reach using the Lostmauth set actually intended for you (that belt gives you +2 Str/+2 Dex, and other classes forsake their belts and stats to wear it as well).

Right now, "best DPS" isn't too much of an issue as the content is too easy and anyone gets invited along for the run, though There *may* be a class balancing in the future.
    If the (sorely needed) harder content does arrive (we're pretty much all waiting out for it), and the classes aren't balanced, you'll *really* want to be a GWF. The non-GWF DPS wannabees are likely to struggle for relevance and party invites.
    Guys like me (who only want to play class XXXX as DPS - not GWF ), are probably going to have to go find something else to play.

If you don't play the game to play a particular class/style as DPS, GWF is an absolute no-brainer.
  • andrew33#3082 andrew33 Member Posts: 9 Arc User

I like doing a lot of damage in PVP and PVE.
    I will never be lv 70 so don't tell me I should be a class based off of ptw lv 70 BiS characters.

GWf w/o question.
    Maybe SW.

• blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

GWF is an absolute no-brainer.

What class is a brainer? You know what a no-brainer is. Can you also tell me which class needs so much more brain? Would be nice. Thx.
    blinxon said:

What class is a brainer? You know what a no-brainer is. Can you also tell me which class needs so much more brain? Would be nice. Thx.
    Sure. A "no-brainer" is an easy or obvious conclusion. Something requiring little or no thought.
    The context is fairly obvious, though you appear to be trying to make it about the mental capacity of the class itself, rather than the conclusion about which is the obvious DPS class selection. You enhance contextual ambiguity my leaving out the first part of the sentence you quoted.
    I swear there was no intentional pun :)
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

Sure. A "no-brainer" is an easy or obvious conclusion. Something requiring little or no thought.
    The context is fairly obvious, though you appear to be trying to make it about the mental capacity of the class itself, rather than the conclusion about which is the obvious DPS class selection. You enhance contextual ambiguity my leaving out the first part of the sentence you quoted.
    I swear there was no intentional pun :)

Thank you for your explanation. Now i know what you mean ;)
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    CW.
    Why?
    Immunity to nerfs.
    Good in PvE because Devs love it.
    Good in PvP because Devs love it.
    Obvious answer.
    CW.

Go GWF if you want to work 10x harder than a CW for the same result.
    Then kill yourself when GWF gets nerfed again.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Agreed with @mjytresz CW is the best build, best balanced class in the game by far.

If any class will be nerfed it wouldn't be a CW. Looking at actual nerfs to ALL other classes, these that happened to CW are really a delicate scratches. CW class was never destroyed like it happened to a GWF, SW or a HR (subjective of course).

And it's a cool and fun class to play also :) a lot of control, AOE encounters spammer with a cool looking hat !
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    mjytresz said:

CW.
    Why?
    Immunity to nerfs.
    Obvious answer.
    CW.

LOL, you trolling? ;)

The DEVs have *not* loved the CW, and have done nothing to it but nerf it over the last few modules.
    The closest you get to accuracy is perhaps "Immunity to nerfs", simply because there's no need after the long string of nerfs it's endured.
    The last big nerf, the day before that big long runing PvP contest, basically saw most top CWs simply up and and leave the game. A lot of friends vanished almost overnight.
    This is a "DPS thread", and you only have to see what's left of the all the top power tiers to see that even the conceptual design of DPS CW is an abandoned wasteland.
    From the top 3 power tiers: ShardAvalanche: nerfed to oblivion, and almost never seen, Maelstrom of Choas: had tiny and specific relevance in the early days with boss control and always described as a joke in build guides, Eye of Storm: nerfed and now generally abandoned, Disintegrate: the *one* nice thing since the level cap was raised to 70, Arcane Power: unused, Imprisonment: unused, especially as control no good with bosses, Frost Wave: Unused.
    And, like everyone else wanting DPS, CWs abandon their own class sets, for the GWF's Lostmauth (*there's* your DEV love!)

For a defeatist attitude, pick a CW - if you're looking for something that couldn't possibly be lined up for a nerf :)
    Is the cautionary worry for a GWF nerf a concern that it's the most overpowered, and most likely to get nerfed?
    I don't think the Devs will nerf the GWF. They've let the uber-power run for long enough to become "entrenched", and probably don't want a repeat of the game abandonment that happened with the CW nerfs. I think they've kinda distilled that to a "no-nerf" policy.

CW is a nice utility class, and can even play a great support role if you have or go buy Ye Olde High Vizier set, but if you want to be DPS (which is what I find CWs actually *want*) - look elsewhere.
  • jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    Eye of the storm wasn't nerfed they buffed the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of chilling presence, which made EoTS obsolete. It was close to obsolete already on renegade builds due to the ridiculous crit stacking they can do.

Spellstorm was nerfed, but they added disintegrate, and the CP buff previously. So the class was still in a good spot. Plus the change wasn't that big it still does a good portion of CW damage.

The CW has usually been "compensated" when a balance change happens is the point.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Lets not be fooling the op..

there is no pvp even under 60.. that isnt full of twinks.. I dont care what class he chooses.. sure SW will be the worst of it. But he will never gain any real ground or have any sort of real fun .. he will realize that soon enough. A poor newer player against some dude trolling around with a feytouched and r10s+ and guild gear.. lol. Im not going to lie to him.

but if he wants to do large damage and have a easy class to farm with.. its gwf hands down for pve.

Its not even close.. hasnt been since mod 2..

If he gets more serious about the game later on, other recommendations are good.

HR trapper is good as well, but you need at least some gear to make it go.

Lets not be fooling the op..

there is no pvp even under 60.. that isnt full of twinks.. I dont care what class he chooses.. sure SW will be the worst of it. But he will never gain any real ground or have any sort of real fun .. he will realize that soon enough. A poor newer player against some dude trolling around with a feytouched and r10s+ and guild gear.. lol. Im not going to lie to him.

but if he wants to do large damage and have a easy class to farm with.. its gwf hands down for pve.

Its not even close.. hasnt been since mod 2..

If he gets more serious about the game later on, other recommendations are good.

HR trapper is good as well, but you need at least some gear to make it go.

Yes, with respect to the OP.
    edited February 2016
    blinxon said:

Certainly not the mother of all faceroll class!

edited February 2016
    mjytresz said:

CW.
    Why?
    Immunity to nerfs.
    Obvious answer.
    CW.

lol. Have you played this game?

Mod4 CW nerf was two pages, mod6 Cw nerf was storm spell. The dps path, the thaumaturgy is a joke.

Sure roll a CW and watch when u r at BIs level GWFs and SWs outdps you 2-3 to 1...

Spellstorm was nerfed, but they added disintegrate, and the CP buff previously. So the class was still in a good spot. Plus the change wasn't that big it still does a good portion of CW damage.

The CW has usually been "compensated" when a balance change happens is the point.

lol. Disintegrate is a cute thing compared to soul scorh and indomitable battle strike!

Haven't seen any compensation for storm spell or mod4 nerfs!

• feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    blinxon said:

GWF, TR, OP, and GF are all button-mashing faceroll classes which make the experience easy. There is, others have mentioned, a significant different in endgame pve and pvp builds for those, but you're going to respec several times after you hit level 70 anyway. Righteous DC will also roll through pve, and if you want to be more useful you can respec to healer after 70. CW isn't difficult but takes somewhat more skill than the above classes. SW does huge damage in pve but lacks some survivability, but after about 3.2k in the endgame it's still better off than HR, which has been mostly nerfed, neglected and ignored by the devs since mod 4.