test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Experiment with Alchemical Extravaganza!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
During Alchemical Extravaganza, Alchemy assets upgrade faster and players will have an opportunity to craft the loveably mercurial Alchemist Experimenter companion! Adventurers will also have a chance to receive bonus Alchemy assets or resources with every Professions Asset Pack or Professions Booster Pack they open. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9751223

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes, unfortunately the event is more of the opposite of exciting.
    It's nice if you have stockpiled some green/blue alchemists and crucibles to upgrade them quickly.
    You can also sell ones with a good profit, considering that the price jumped for epic alchemist from 8K AD to 25K AD overnight. But only a very inexperienced player would go exchanging these assets with the event vendor in order to obtain the Alchemist Experimenter which is easily and cheaply (I think ~35K AD atm) obtainable from AH since winter festival. (who would buy them anyway...)
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    It would be better if you could use the standard Alchemy Professionals you can hire in the Profession, not just the ones you have to get from packs. This event just seems like a way to get people to buy Profession Packs with Zen.

Plus the Companion isn't great. Maybe for a Collection but you can just ask someone to lend you theirs if they haven't bound it and it'll go into your Collection. Then give them it back.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    I agree random the whole exercise makes no sense, now if you were making as legendary then it would have value.
    buy the Comp or the Codex of the tradehouse for now
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    It made sense the very first time it was run on PC, but not so much since then. There was a serious oversupply of alchemy items from a popular lockbox and the companion did not exist prior to the event. So, it was a way to get a new companion and reduce the saturation of alchemy items from the AH and game. Xbox is beginning to get an oversupply/reduced demand for crafting items in general. So, it might help boost the alchemy items even after the profiteering rush ends with the event.

It still can be useful if you begin crafting Aqua regia as soon as the announcement goes up. You can trade 100 for lead and use any Alchemical Knowledge to level up alchemy on an alt. I did this on PC when EE was introduced. Leveled from 20-25 using items from this event in about a day. This is really the only benefit for Xbox and it will have very limited appeal.
  • Options
    crom#2845 crom Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    You guys are looking at the downside of things. How about the fact they can level up a profession quickly hence opening up more profession slots?
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    crom#2845 said:

You guys are looking at the downside of things. How about the fact they can level up a profession quickly hence opening up more profession slots?

good point^
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Did anyone actually participate in this fail event?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    rocky3456rocky3456 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is that I put $160 in the game all in keys and got nothing nothing at all never winters customer service need to do something to help out
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Sure, I mean exchanging just a measly 15 Mithral Crucibles for an Alchemist Experimenter, I can't see anyone missing out on a sweet deal like that...
  • Options
    farmerreg#0580 farmerreg Member Posts: 37 Arc User

armadeonx said:

Sure, I mean exchanging just a measly 15 Mithral Crucibles for an Alchemist Experimenter, I can't see anyone missing out on a sweet deal like that..
    Hmmmmmmmm..............do I detect a hint of sarcasm here??
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    rocky3456 said:

Is that I put $160 in the game all in keys and got nothing nothing at all never winters customer service need to do something to help out

Yeah don't buy keys with real cash, you'd make a better return buying zen and converting it straight to AD lol. Sure you can get lucky sometimes but the house always wins in the end. $160 is what? 16k zen? At current exchange that's over 2 million AD. Alternatively you can buy ioun stones when you get '% off' vouchers and sell them in the AH & make even more.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    florey7284florey7284 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    john6522 said:

Who thought another sink event was a good idea? The winter festival already flooded the market with these. Yet another event with no prolonged thought behind it.