test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Locked in combat

stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
I have had an issue, seemingly only on my Cleric, where, when someone pulls out a bank or travel post in certain locations, it puts me in combat (the 'GONG' you hear when you are first put in combat).

About 40% of LOL runs, after the dragon drop, and someone pulls out one of those items, "GONG!' I'm in combat mode, my weapon raises, then falls. Four seconds later, same cycle. The problem with this is, I can't interact with either (bank, post, etc) until I am out of combat. I can open it for a second or two then the 'GONG' and it yanks down the dialog to interact with the item. It is driving me batshit crazy!

I've tried everything I can think of to see what is the cause but have failed.

Has anyone, with any class, seen this? If so, for the love of Christ, please tell me how you solved it or at least the cause.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    stpensive said:

I have had an issue, seemingly only on my Cleric, where, when someone pulls out a bank or travel post in certain locations, it puts me in combat (the 'GONG' you hear when you are first put in combat).

About 40% of LOL runs, after the dragon drop, and someone pulls out one of those items, "GONG!' I'm in combat mode, my weapon raises, then falls. Four seconds later, same cycle. The problem with this is, I can't interact with either (bank, post, etc) until I am out of combat. I can open it for a second or two then the 'GONG' and it yanks down the dialog to interact with the item. It is driving me batshit crazy!

I've tried everything I can think of to see what is the cause but have failed.

Has anyone, with any class, seen this? If so, for the love of Christ, please tell me how you solved it or at least the cause.

Thanks.

I am going to guess you are a DPS cleric with the Avatar capstone. Avatar can be very annoying, triggering at times for no apparent reason. It can trigger in dungeons for enemies a floor below or above you. I think Knight's Valor (I think that is it) triggers it, too. I've been "blue" many times when this happens

You can time it to allow you to do actions between the triggers with practice.
  • Options
    stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    I am Virtuous (Haste). I had thought is may be one of the feats there but not really an option to respec to find out. Perhaps you are on to something, and why it is not every time, that it could be the party makup (GF and KV) and why I only see it some times (some runs). Something to think about and ask to test in runs.

Thank you for the thoughts zephyriah.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Haven't heard of this problem yet I look into it myself as well but no haste clerics I know have run into this problem I have some retraining Tokens left over from the Winter Fest and Ill test some things out on my Alt DC.