test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Hunter Ranger Build for Mod 8 Underdark

jase4yazjase4yaz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2016 in The Wilds
I just recently made a Hunter Ranger Video, it not just a build video but an overall video of how I play my Hunter Ranger. Just wanted to share with the community if anyone was looking to make an HR or just needs a build, let me know if you like it, heres the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx2EYmuoOiQ
Post edited by jase4yaz on
Tagged:

Comments

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Dude you mention in your video that Aspect of the Pack increases Combat Advantage, it does not actually do this. It just gives you Combat Advantage along with Allies that are within that range of you without having to position yourself around the enemy to gain it :)

Also I like your build, I do not think I have seen a build until now that does not utilise Aspect of the Serpent so it was good to watch your video.

Also lately I have re-specced again and I have put 10 Points into the Archery Tree and dropped 5 that were in the LS stat on the Combat Tree... I`m still a Trapper, but now Hunters Team Work and Careful Attack allow me to do an extra 5% damage to enemies effected by them. I`ve been trying to work out if that buff stacks if I apply Teamwork and Attack on 1 enemy.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • reaper#3644 reaper Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Hey man all I can say is thanks this build is doing 110% better then the one I was using. I was either dying or running away alot before i used your build.but since using your build haven't died yet or ran like a little girl lol thank for this.
    Post edited by reaper#3644 on
  • farmerreg#0580 farmerreg Member Posts: 37 Arc User

Hey man all I can say is thanks this build is doing 110% better then the one I was using. I was either dying or running away alot before i used your build.but since using your build haven't died yet or ran like a little girl lol thank for this.

I haven't played my HR in a while for the reason of getting my hat handed to me on a regular basis. Will go home and use my retraining token and give this build a try.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    @wdj40, yo! I respec'd yesterday placing ten in Keen Eye and Broadhead. Noice boost!! BUT, not having Swiftness of the Fox is noticeable. Man, the trade-offs. I can handle a lot hits with 7k defense and 2K LifeSteal but missing the shortened cool downs from that feat.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

Dude you mention in your video that Aspect of the Pack increases Combat Advantage, it does not actually do this. It just gives you Combat Advantage along with Allies that are within that range of you without having to position yourself around the enemy to gain it :)

Also I like your build, I do not think I have seen a build until now that does not utilise Aspect of the Serpent so it was good to watch your video.

Also lately I have re-specced again and I have put 10 Points into the Archery Tree and dropped 5 that were in the LS stat on the Combat Tree... I`m still a Trapper, but now Hunters Team Work and Careful Attack allow me to do an extra 5% damage to enemies effected by them. I`ve been trying to work out if that buff stacks if I apply Teamwork and Attack on 1 enemy.

I just re-specced a few days ago for the same feat with that 5% buff. I also took scoundrel training for the 9% but you may have figured I was moving that direction from post in other threads. Please let me know if you find that the buffs stack or not... I am thinking they won't, because the tool tips says "or", but you know... tool tips :D
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
    edited February 2016

@wdj40, yo! I respec'd yesterday placing ten in Keen Eye and Broadhead. Noice boost!! BUT, not having Swiftness of the Fox is noticeable. Man, the trade-offs. I can handle a lot hits with 7k defense and 2K LifeSteal but missing the shortened cool downs from that feat.

soonergm said:

wdj40 said:

I just re-specced a few days ago for the same feat with that 5% buff. I also took scoundrel training for the 9% but you may have figured I was moving that direction from post in other threads. Please let me know if you find that the buffs stack or not... I am thinking they won't, because the tool tips says "or", but you know... tool tips :D
    To be honest I did not keep it for very long, I ended up feeling like Davidagaldo did. I felt like too many points were lost from the Trapper tree. The combo's you can get from Longstriders/Gushing/Roots have led me down a different path now. I may re-spec a couple of times in the future but I`ve used all my Training Tokens now apart from 1. I should have tested it a little bit more when I had the tokens :(

I posted these on the PC side of this forum... just showing the damage you can get from the combo's I mentioned. I just never got around to posted a current build anywhere yet. These vids were actually made just before double RP so now I have 4 Mythic Artefacts instead of Purple ones and my weapons are 20 levels higher than they were in these clips. They are just short 2min clips in a Demonic HE to show tick damage with lots of people around, also shows how good Longstrider's Shot is :)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/14872293

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/14878250
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • reaper#3644 reaper Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    famerreg#0580

This build made a huge difference for me. The only time I have died is in a heroic and one boss that I wasn't paying attention. I was looking to build something else till I tried this. Hope it works out for you like it did for me. Lot more fun now with my hr
  • farmerreg#0580 farmerreg Member Posts: 37 Arc User

famerreg#0580

This build made a huge difference for me. The only time I have died is in a heroic and one boss that I wasn't paying attention. I was looking to build something else till I tried this. Hope it works out for you like it did for me. Lot more fun now with my hr

I used a retraining token I had gotten from the winter events and re-did everything.........I hadn't gotten but one boon for my HR, but I could tell the difference with using my encounter powers................I got two pieces of the dusk armor and put on an enchant or two for restoration and even though I've messed up my rotation, my cool downs aren't that long (usually 1-4 seconds). I was used to running with Split the Sky for my AoE damage in conjunction with Binding Arrow.............I don't have a soulforged on this guy yet, but even still, I haven't died nearly as much, and managed to finally solo some of the new stuff. I just hate that my HR is sooooooooooooo far behind my TR. Oh well.........guess now I have a reason to go back and forth between the two. :)
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    @wdj40
    I did revert back to what I had. I enjoyed the small increase in damage but it was not enough for me to endure the decrease in cool down performance. Its better to unload a full rotation with decent damage than to stack more recovery displacing other stats.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    @wdj40 i am confused. You dont have the 5 points in Quarry anymore? You cut it in favor of Trappers Cunning? I noticed an increase in my cool downs without Trappers Cunning but I have very low recovery and thought I could make up the difference by adding a little more.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • ogpooks247ogpooks247 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Great build here, I tried that high crit build and was topping the boards for deaths on Edemo runs....very frustrating.
    With this build I have been chewing up the edemos and deaths are few and far between.

Thanks!
    soonergm said:

@wdj40 i am confused. You dont have the 5 points in Quarry anymore? You cut it in favor of Trappers Cunning? I noticed an increase in my cool downs without Trappers Cunning but I have very low recovery and thought I could make up the difference by adding a little more.

Hey dude I did not even notice this reply so I apologise for not replying :)

Um I do not remember off the top of my head what my current set up is, I think I have all points in the Trapper tree again at the moment with 5 in Combat for Life Steal.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe