test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pay and Play to Power/ win against NPCs

linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
edited January 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I applaud that the game is embracing both those that have more time to play than money and those with more money than time now. After returning since just after mod 6, I am delighted to see so many positive changes including RP drops.

I do hope that more items etc will be available in the Zen market for those that are willing to pay who have less time to play but enjoy the game every bit as much as those with more time and enjoy playing with more power than struggle.

Be it paying or playing for power, we all want it. If ever my power swells to a point where i miss the challenge, rather than impose nerfs or ugly restrictions and time sinks all around, since this game offers the abundance of choice for me to reduce. tweek and fine tune my build and gear to create the challenge level i want, and transmute that gear to appear externally as i want it as well, no nerfs or restrictions to power and gear is necessary. At some point we all realize that gear is one thing, but skill and insight regarding the use and coordination of abilities and build choice is another. I am not into PVP but i would bet a little that adept PVP'ers would tell you that skill and the time taken to truly know how to coordinate all those options a PC has with their abilities and build is king and that gear availablity is second to that and supportive to true skill.

Lets open the game up to allow any and all gear to be obtained in the Zen market for those with less time to play who not only the have the money but also the desire to play and willingness to support the game many people not only love but want to continue to refine itself through new content and fixing that which exists. If you believe that paying for that water weapon artifact would educe its value to you then you do have the choice to not buy it, but the individual who doesnt have the same time to zerg for it etc does not have that same choice in reverse.

What inner monologue arises when you view a PC with full BIS gear? To me that inspires and i recognize someone that has in some way (via time or money) invested themself and supports the game i enjoy.

Besides more access to gear in Zen things such adjusting the power point reward from overflow to 100% --or make it available for purchase via zen would embrace those players with less time. Those with a lot more time to play will im sure enjoy the power point upon attaining all that XP but most certainly those with less time will.

Just my 2 cents for the day :)
Post edited by linoge63 on

Comments

• smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    You are one of very few players that think p2w is a good thing.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yeah, but i read many posts that players want to play the game for the content rather than to endlessly grow their gear via RPs to the level they want in PC power. If you had the option to buy that end game gear outright, and then step into and enjoy the content of the game with the power you desire to do so with, then poof goes the RP farm many shrill about and Cryptic etc can pay their bills.

Example, I want to take that drake rider WOD HE out day after day ...solo; and i dont want to have to wait till 2018 to do so after endless RP feeding. I would rather have the option to pay a special VIP fee that allows me to enter the Draconian hoard room and choose what i want and the power i want to wield with zero restrictions. If you dont want to be overpowered, then choose otherwise or simply play the game traditionally as it sort of is now.

Pay to win is merely an option and isn't enforced. Anti P2W comrads can engage the game without it; but don't complain about not obtaining power gear by next Tuesday and throw rocks at those that want it and are willing to support the game and pay to obtain it.

• caladon2caladon2 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    linoge63 said:

Lets open the game up to allow any and all gear to be obtained in the Zen market

This is a fantastic idea! It would solve alot of problems.
    New content would be reduced to zen store updates. Saving Cryptic the hassle of developing "new" content that no one wants to do more than 3 times anyway.
    And would give people more time to stand around in PE and complain about the game.
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    That is what killed Grand Chease.

ZEN Store is only to give "easiness" and not "unfair advantage".
    Nothing that break the game. And yep, "buy gear with cash" will be break the game.

"cash powers", "cash gears", "cash zones", "cash up" and all like things, It is what would be killing MMOs around world.