test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance Tomorrow 1/7 at 7AM PST

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
‪#‎NWPC‬ will have its scheduled maintenance tomorrow 1/7 at 7AM PST (same time as usual). Estimated downtime is 2 hours. This is a restart only. In the meantime, what were your favorite memories of the Winter Festival?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    When an elf by foot surpassed me and my mount at the slalom race...

...those guys should pass a potion test before getting the rewards :D:D:D
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    I will remember how my fully refined SW Air weapon set bonus still doesn't activate for SW sprint like it does for GWF sprint and there are still no patch notes :( And all the gift parties of course :)
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    DEMON SLED!!!
    va8Ru.gif
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Getting drunk and falling in a hole in the ice.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    When are you going to fix the Alum drop rate in hotenow from the explorer charts. 5 charts, 30 items, not once did I get alum. I've seen the bug report where you acknowledge its a bug. FIX IT.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    Please tell me that this will let my toon leave Icewind Pass. Trying to enter Biggrins tomb has bugged me (and maybe 50 others). We cannot leave the zone!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I'm also stuck in the zone with @hustin1 -- Trying to complete Biggrins Tomb bugged me and my guildmate.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    screenshot 2016 01 07 01 03 32

Can we please go home, now? We've been here for hours!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    How any level 70 can master Demons on Ice by running one slalom to break the lvl 60 balancing

Farming TONS of simril RP for my new artifact and then finding out at 2xRP that its only useable at uncommon and rare levels (despite developer posting saying regular RP CAN be used as RP after reaching epic). Then selling it all for more useless gold
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Sometimes when the demonsled doesn't load properly and I seem to be propelling myself along with massive flaming farts.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

How any level 70 can master Demons on Ice by running one slalom to break the lvl 60 balancing

Demons on Ice is wonderfully refreshing. I run through thinking "why are these people NOT using AoE powers that 1-shot everything?!". And then I throw some Hidden Daggers and move on to the next mob. Or my DC gets to use Sunburst, which I would normally never do when there are other people around.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    This is technically my 2nd Winter event but last year all I really had time for was to claim the Winter Wolf. I am not keen on how the wolf mounts look, especially the winter wolf though.

I really enjoyed the event this year, got a lot of free pressies that I thought I would never be able to aquire such as the chicken companion and the Doohicky for my GF. And for what I didn't get there is a big glut on the AH that I can buy really cheaply what I didn't get but wanted either for myself or just to complete my collection page.

Just wanted to thank Cryptic for this event, I hope you guys had a great Xmas and wish you all the best for this the New Year :)

One thing that I thought was a waste though, getting several Lilleneds and Alchemist companions which were BtC, I didn't know what to do with several of the same companion and don't have many idle slots on my GF so I was forced to abandon them, would have been really nice to have these drops as BoA but still, like I said, I had a great time opening all my gifts and still really enjoyed being able to participate in this years event, thankyou again :)
    nisckis said:

When an elf by foot surpassed me and my mount at the slalom race...

...those guys should pass a potion test before getting the rewards :D:D:D

Sometimes the race bugs fast mounts making them really slow, I found dismounting mid race and remounting fixed it.

DEMON SLED!!!

The Demon Sled has the same flame effect as something outa Doom 1 but it's probably for that reason I love it!

• mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    No fix for masterwork resources exploit? :'( That is sad, you are forcing honest players to cheat if they want to progress :(
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Free gifts from the zen market were a good idea and many drops available from the stellar stuff. Now the AH is full of companions to be bought at reasonable price.
    The new artifact, quite useless but easy to refine up to purple ;)
    The demon sled to pollute the Heroic Encounters (please don't release new campains based on HEs: I will pollute them all >:) ).

I will miss the annoying fisherman skeleton...

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    So just another server restart eh? Is this one going to be any different from last week's one, which appeared to have no bearing on the crazy lag we have been experiencing for a month now.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • n3rokn3rok Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    ohhh ohhh ohhh freezing lags all the event :open_mouth:
  • shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    I love how this became a "please use this additional space to complain about all of your problems with this game" post. Come on, guys...

As for me, I love special events, and I don't care how useless the rewards are. No one is forced to play them. I simply enjoy the feeling that so many people are working at the same things for the same rewards. I especially liked the sharing of gifts experience (although some people got waaay too serious and cranky about avoiding scammers; someone used the word "legalese" to describe some of the requirements to join parties). The gift parties just prompted me to chat with strangers and say nice things. I think I added one or two new friends like that.

And even though they were just cosmetic, I liked seeing the occasional firework or lantern being released into the air. :) But then again I'm getting old... Who moved my rocking chair??
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    My smoky new Demon sled! Yay! After opening 100 gifts and no Frozen Demon Sled! Boo! Upgraded to faster than Frozen, though. Upgrading should have made it blue, darnit! Or better yet==Purple flames! That's the ticket.

Can't wait for Legendary upgrades to be available for it.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    valwryn said:

......Oh and winning the Ice Race using only my Throne of Boo !!!! B)

That's screenshot worthy haha! Nice.