test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which is better, Greater Feytouched or Perfect Plaugefire?

wrathofcrotawrathofcrota Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I'm a 2.6K IS Hunter Ranger, and I'm a Trapper Build, (Storm Warden) And I'm strictly PvE. I'm not sure which one is better for my character. As the Feytouched (Costs 662K AD) deals 9% Weapon damage as Phycic damage, along with the encounters siphoning 10% damage away from your target which is converted to you, but it lasts 10 seconds, and can only activate every 20 seconds.

Where as a perfect Plaugefire (costs around 490K) causes an additional 10% weapon damage as fire damage with your powers, additionally you burn your foe for 4% of weapon damage as fire Damage every one second for 3 seconds. Plus reducing their defence by 15% which can stack up to 3 times making it 45% reduction.

I'm so stuck on what to choose. My crit chance is 42%, crit severity is 82%, resistance ignored is 63.1% and my power is 13,219 (I know these are most likely irrelevant but they may help. I also run fire archon, air archon, Earth archon, (all blue) a young yeti at green and a radiant ioun stone)

Thank you for helping.. I'm so stuck.

Comments

• Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Honestly with those stats you are probably better of with a Perfect Vorpal for the extra 50% damage on your Crits, I imagine you run AotS so that Crit would be even higher during rotations. From Boons and class features you can get Crit Severity to just over 90% so then add Vorpal onto that which is what I use :)

I wish I had the 2 Enhancements you mentioned though to actually test so I am just guessing really. But from what I see/read from Feytouched it would only be better at Trans as the cool-down is nullified.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    Unless you PvP a lot which I have yet to do, in that case I do see around that other Enhancements are better than Vorpal... But I have not done any PvP yet in this game, I prefer co-op stuff :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    I would wait for the Fey to drop in price and certainly get the Plag for that price. The Terror is another great wepenchant. I feel the Plag with drop a bit further so I will wait to get one. The 45% debuff is awesome as the Terror is 40%.

If running solo PvE, Vorpal, group Plag or Terror. Fey for PvP.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Fey is nice, i prefer it on my paladin. The problem is it's very popular right now. If anyone else in your party has fey at the same level then one of you doesnt get the buff.

Im running perfect terror(aiming for pure soon). Pure level is when terror becomes better than plaguefire. At pure, terror debuffs defense AND power by 40% while plague debuffs defense up to 45% and power up to 15%.

Vorpal is good and also expensive. If you went that route then you want to stack crit.

Imo you should look at it this way.

If you want to increase survivability and increase personal dps then go with fey.

If you want to buff the party's overall damage then choose terror or plauge.

If you want to maximize personal dps then go for vorpal but stack crit, or lightning and stack power.

I also recommend having a backup enchantment so if someone else has the same level enchantment as you, you can hot swap it out. Example if 2 of you have a perfect terror they wont stack, so you can use a cheaper enchantment like a greater plaguefire and between the 2 of you, defense is reduced by 70% vs just 40%. Enjoy melting everything, lol.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    ^^+1
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    The only problem with Feytouched is it will only effect the FIRST enemy you hit initially and after each cooldown below Pure level.

At that point it becomes a 3 target AoE and will effect up to the first THREE targets you hit, siphoning their damage to boost your own.

In PvE, choose Terror or Plaguefire, both are equally viable and the trade off for the change at Pure is that PF does damage as well, increasing your overall DPS somewhat, with a multi target class, particularly Stormwarden this is very effective.

It's also remarkably cheap to make and upgrade PF enchants.

In PvP, who cares. It's PtW and everyone buying into it is sad tbh.
  • Options
    I snapped up a Trans Feytouched for just under 2mil a while back and sold my Perfect Vorpal... I think I really like it but I really do not know if I want to swap it out for something else.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Vorpal is super cheap, or was last week, on the ah...saw some pure going for 1.2-1.5
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Someone listed a 600K Perfect PF and so I am running around with it. I am impressed so far. I was using a Fey(don't laugh) Lesser type. It works fine and determined to improve it. It's fully refined. By the next 2xRP, I should be ready to take it to greater and the Perfect PF to Pure.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    feytouch really sucks for hrs.
    once you throw an aoe encounter it bugs out and you have to wait to leave the combat for at least 20 seconds before it starts to work again.
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

feytouch really sucks for hrs.
    once you throw an aoe encounter it bugs out and you have to wait to leave the combat for at least 20 seconds before it starts to work again.

I`ve not heard this before :(

If true what a bummer :(
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I did not want to believe that but I recall in long fights no bump after :20 had passed. Hmmm.

@wdj40, have you noticed this issue?
  • Options

I did not want to believe that but I recall in long fights no bump after :20 had passed. Hmmm.

@wdj40, have you noticed this issue?

I have not looked into it as yet to be honest, I just presumed it worked as normal.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    It is super easy to the Terror engage but I don't know enough about the Fey since I ran it for possibly couple hours.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I am missing the Vorpal, I am not a pure Crit build but the big crit numbers are not there as much. The damage numbers are much higher, looking like my Vorpal crit numbers. Saw a 247K. Need to get my Plague to Trans.
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    I dont think you will ever match your vorpal numbers with a plague
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    I was thinking of swapping my Trans Fey for a Trans Holy Avenger, I like the look of those.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    @soonergm: Yeah, I don't see consistent big damage numbers like I would crit with a Vorpal. I was surprised to have seen the big 247K appear. The ticks show an increase in damage, but nothing to take to bank.

@wdj40: I know well how it works for a DC, that Holy Avenger, I imagine the large AoE attacks will make it shine.

I think I will get another Terror and Vorpal.