test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of the HR and whether the class has a future

124»

Comments

• helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    When I said fixed I meant survivability. HR is too squishy. They should have 50% AOE resistance because of their high dex. Period, a progressive, perma bonus to movement up to 6000 at level 70 and no agro. Make it happen, please!

Because, you know what? HR sucks in Demogorgon!
    Post edited by helix#4749 on
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

When I said fixed I meant survivability. HR is too squishy. They should have 50% AOE resistance because of their high dex. Period, a progressive, perma bonus to movement up to 6000 at level 70 and no agro. Make it happen, please!

It's probably all gear dependent. My gripes with the class at this point are practically all (except for dodge) pvp related. I pretty often top the group for damage in a triple gold epic demo win, but I am wearing solid R11s, so your mileage may vary. I did try playing my archery alt (all R7s) just once after mod 6 and that was completely miserable.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I just hate the HR is a threat magnet. Every other class spends 90% of their time running after groups of mobs chasing the running flailing HR makes me hate HR's as a class even though i don't play one.
    Assuming the devs actually read anything posted here, one suggestion I have is that Marauder's Escape should actually be an escape. Other classes shouldn't be able to target, damage and control through it, as they constantly do. Try hitting a GF, who's not holding up his shield because he's in the middle of an animation, with disruptive shot or anything else that should interrupt him. What happens? Nothing, because GF is one of the outrageously favored classes. They just get to keep going with their as-absurd-as-TR overpowered encounters despite the application of actual skill and timing that should have stopped them cold. Meanwhile, HRs, at the bottom of the pecking order, don't even get to get out of the way reliably (compare that to, say, the control immunity in Sprint - which remains one of the worst ideas in the game - or the SW's dash).

• zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    hedgebet said:

Don't confuse those Hollywood interpretations as having anything to do with reality (and I say this considering the fantasy sense of things as well -- but basic physics is still relevant).

Agreed, main stat should be str first of all, any1 who ever shoot from bow, knows u need more str on bow than on sword.

;)

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

HRs despite there gear can't compete with GWFs or SW in PvE, and if they do beat them it's because they can't play there class. PvP we tickle GWFs, Pallys, and Clerics. Against rogues we can't do anything. CWs and SW are the fairest fight other than our own class. We need more damage on all of our powers, at will, encounters, and dailes. Visual bugs such as aspect of the serpent not displaying Critical chance need fixed. Items not displaying action points need fixed. We need faster animations on all of our abilities. Feats need reworked and tested. Control Bonus on our roots despite buffs never seem to work. Plant growth needs to be lable as a grasping root of some kind preferably strong. Cruel recovery needs fixed too doesn't work. Rapid shot interrupting Contricting Arrow needs fixed. After we cast our encounters we should be able to shift and it actually not interrupt our encounters. Our deflection severity needs up to 75% like every striker class gets. So so many things that could make this class great.

sorry i got offended in "cannot compete with gwfs or sw". I can only count a few worthy gwfs ranging from 2.5k and up who can do decent monstrous damage.

are you using an HR? all class sucks in demogorgon in the hands of wrong people.
    If you meant that if HR class has a future, aside from the current and only useful path in my opinion(trapper), is the reworking of the other 2 paths, archery and combat(which i deem useless at the moment), then by all means, i agree with you.

But if you are ranting about how HR's are useless, has no dps, cant control, useless in pve and pvp, then to me it would seem that you dont know how to play your HR.

I have only encountered a few HR's who outdps me, and they probably are not reading this post because reading this really gave me a headache.

hit me up in game, send me a tell or a mail, and let's figure out what you are doing wrong.

Loouuu@durugudesu.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User

hedgebet said:

Don't confuse those Hollywood interpretations as having anything to do with reality (and I say this considering the fantasy sense of things as well -- but basic physics is still relevant).

Agreed, main stat should be str first of all, any1 who ever shoot from bow, knows u need more str on bow than on sword.

;)

(Sin)cerely
    Kain
    Exactly, it is funny how you see in the movies the 'weaker' individuals using bows with lethal results when in reality the bows (especially war bows with the heavy arrows designed for war) required some of the strongest people to use them. Even the average two handed sword did not require as much strength, but of course the sword combat is nothing like 99% of the people imagine it to have been either.

If you meant that if HR class has a future, aside from the current and only useful path in my opinion(trapper), is the reworking of the other 2 paths, archery and combat(which i deem useless at the moment), then by all means, i agree with you.

But if you are ranting about how HR's are useless, has no dps, cant control, useless in pve and pvp, then to me it would seem that you dont know how to play your HR.

I have only encountered a few HR's who outdps me, and they probably are not reading this post because reading this really gave me a headache.

hit me up in game, send me a tell or a mail, and let's figure out what you are doing wrong.

Loouuu@durugudesu.

We actually ran Castle Never together and you convinced me to become a trapper. And no, I don't think the class is useless, just not as useful as it should be. The thing is I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. In PVE I'm always in the top 5 in damage in Tiamat or edemo and when I run dungeons I'm not unused to carrying groups. But, pvp is an atrocious mess in which the HR can practically never win duels against any equivalently geared class in the hands of a good player (not that we can't win against bad players).
    edited February 2016

Loouuu@durugudesu.

We actually ran Castle Never together and you convinced me to become a trapper. And no, I don't think the class is useless, just not as useful as it should be. The thing is I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. In PVE I'm always in the top 5 in damage in Tiamat or edemo and when I run dungeons I'm not unused to carrying groups. But, pvp is an atrocious mess in which the HR can practically never win duels against any equivalently geared class in the hands of a good player (not that we can't win against bad players).

Anyway, I do appreciate the offer, but the point of this thread is to give players a voice so that the devs are reminded in what ways the class needs to be brought into balance. With time, gear and thought I'm pretty happy with how I do in pve, but as I've often said (and the devs well know) some other classes are completely broken in ways that benefit them, and whether or not you and I do OK, changes need to be made if HR is going to be anything but a self-punishing choice for newer players and the other paragon paths.