test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mimic chest

tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
Hi!
This whole thing with mimic hiding in chests in dungeons is really nice touch, but the fake chests for someone who plays specific dungeon more than once is unfortunately no longer a surprise.
I would like to propose a solution for this. Lets give all chests (maybe also on normal maps not only in dungeons) a chance (10-20%) to be a mimic origin!
If this would went live the real chest could also grant more worthy reward for opening like peridots, aquamarine and even sapphire (unbound), for those who would take a risk to fight mimic and not pass the chests. The rewards should be adequate to chance of mimic appearance.
What do you think?

Comments

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    OP I like your idea.. that is very intriguing and very appealing. :)
    Though I have to agree with magenubbie too... unbound RP... nah... but BtA RP now thats something very interesting :)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'm trying to think about it from a dev standpoint, going by what I can do with the foundry (I know they have more advanced tools, obviously) I don't see it being something easy to do. But it would be neat! :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • jpalo316jpalo316 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I'm trying to think about it from a dev standpoint, going by what I can do with the foundry (I know they have more advanced tools, obviously) I don't see it being something easy to do. But it would be neat! :D

Didn't one of the Respen's maps have a chest that was sometimes a chest and sometimes a mimic?
  • flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    It's a nice idea, but the better rewards would be gained every time since you can tell if it's a mimic or chest without opening it.
  • bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    ^this. They would need to make it so your reticle does not give away wether it's a chest or a mimic.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    Considering they can code items that generate random rewards it should be possible to code one item to replace all chests with a new version that sometimes spawns a mimic instead of equipment.
  • tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    OK brainstorming on!
    So taking no bots policy the rewards should be bta.
    The pointer can't give us clue about the chests origin.
    And the most interesting thing how much work it needs to be done by devs to program this feature.
    For now I can't find a solution how to implement this the easiest way possible.

But going in to spirit of D&D the rewards could be rolled with D20 like in the SotC game.
    dice:
    1-4: mimic
    5-7: peridots + potions
    8-10: peridots + blue equ + gold
    11-13: aquamarine + blue equ
    14-17: aquamarines + potions + blue equ + gold
    18-19: sapphire +potions + blue equ
    20: opal + potions + blue equ + gold

There could be also some random treasure gray stuff.
    (all things bta except potions)
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    tecmyst said:

I would like to propose a solution for this. Lets give all chests (maybe also on normal maps not only in dungeons) a chance (10-20%) to be a mimic origin!
    If this would went live the real chest could also grant more worthy reward for opening like peridots, aquamarine and even sapphire (unbound), for those who would take a risk to fight mimic and not pass the chests. The rewards should be adequate to chance of mimic appearance.
    What do you think?

A very good Idea

Great suggestion

Urlord