test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ArP versus 60% versus Plaguefire

vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
Hello guys, my CW had 60% resistance ignored (the magic number everybody keep talking about) but then i changed Dragonflight Assault to Raid and my ArP and resistance ignored got down to 47%.

Plaguefire has a debuff that applies -5% defense that can stack 3 times (so -15%), this goes together with that 47% to get my Resistance Ignored back again to 60% right?

Or that -15% does not stack with my previous Resistance Ignored?

If Plaguefire does not work this way, then should i go back to Armor Pen gear? Or keep Power?

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    armor pen and plague fire do 2 separate things.
    yes its written "defense" but its actually a straight debuff.
    you still need 60% armor pen
  • Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    From what i understand, plague fire debuff defense, mobs doesn't have defense but damage resistence, so plague is useless for pve, you better be looking for broonzewood.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    dont trust tooltips and yes plague and terror have thier places in pve on tanks/healers.

• Options
    neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    plague fire gives a 3/6/9% dmg buff in pve

there aint many maps/dungeons where you need 60% ri (when im right its only tiamat atm...). check your ingame logs or run act to "test" it on your own.
    so that you are one of the dd-classes (sadly) - dont go with plague fire or terror, that are enchant for support classes.

better run with vorpal or feytouched. as a cw you wanna stack crt - so vorpal seems to be the answer.
  • Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    Plague Fire is a 3/6/9% damage boost for the whole party (assuming everyone has enough Resist Ignored), and that is in addition to the burning damage. The way this stuff works hasn't really changed since mod3. So for plague fire, you get the damage from the burning & the damage boost. Other things that give similar effects are Terror enchantment, High Prophet (DC armor), High Vizier (CW armor).

As far as mob DR, about 53-55% is the highest any of the elite mobs have (see bears in IWD).