test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Thoughts On TR After Leveling To 60

mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
My main is a Cleric and has been since the beginning. I decided for the first time to make a TR and go through the campaign. Here are my thoughts:

1. Playing a TR is really fun....when you play solo content.

2. It is very awkward for me trying to contribute in group play like dungeons. I feel like my single target damage should be much higher considering thats pretty much our bread and butter. My AOE skills don't seem like they will make much difference in higher content.

3. I can understand now why they are everywhere in PVP. It just seems that they are a better fit there.

4. TR needs some love I think to make it better for PVE. I stopped playing it after I made this realization.

I think all the pvp complaining about this class has really hurt it over the years. It's too bad. Such a fun class to play. Oh, BTW, I never liked pvp and I REALLY dont like it now with the new rings from Underdark. Its a disaster.

Anyway, I am no expert in this class, obviously, but thats what I think at this point.

twitch.tv/kaligold

Comments

• Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    1 yes

2 you probably build wrong and or using the wrong powers to max your dps

3 trs were originally designed as a pvp class

4 no, again a good build with right usage or powers will max tr dps.
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I am in a very similar place as the OP- coming from a support role DC into a TR. It makes sense that TR were made for PVP~ Invisibility and all that. When I run in PVE content- you see these GWF with 2.5k IL topping DPS over CW and TR of similar level-- I'm talking 115mil+ in a t2 no problem. I'm playing my TR the best I know how with my limited 2 months of picking it back up and I'm reading everything I can on this forum. I'm lucky if I clear the dungeon with 25-30mil. I'm usually just barely over the tank in DPS. In t1s a well geared GF Tact can out dps me no problem. You say we're not using the right skills? I agree-- but what skills are we supposed to be using?

What is an acceptable amount of damage for a 2.5k IL WK Exe to be dealing in PVE content?
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    for pve? sure

slot the passive power that give you combat advantage after daily use (there are two different onces for each rogues path). put tactics on other. get your recovery to at least 6k spam wob daily to increase your power. i personally use ss, smoke and itc (vp for wk path) you might still not be close to gwf or sw but u will deal a noticeable amount of dmg wherever you go solo or with party.
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I've been using Advantageous Position pretty much all the time and smoke bomb. VP is a bit tricky and its something that I've been working on learning how/when to use the follow up. (VT and MC dungeons are pretty much a given) I was using more WR than SS to proc SoD~ If SS is more effective I can easily switch that out. Thanks for the tips!
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    if u are executioner path then i would switch smoke with dazing strike that would active sod every time.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    There are a lot of synergies between abilities, but they're not always self-evident. Try out Lurker's + smoke bomb + blade flurry, for example. If you find you have stealth a lot, consider stealth + Duelist's as a nice dps chunk. Check out wicked reminder if you haven't already. Also dazing strike is a nice low-CD ability which synergizes well with Exe path (as mentioned above).

Also, if you're running a lot of dungeons wtih non-CC immune mobs, give Scoundrel a shot. It plays a bit differently from the other two paths, but excels in dungeon AoE, especially if you have another CCer in the group.