test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR Questions

gyorgdambitgyorgdambit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I was going to ask if this class is worth playing in PVE, since I also have a Control Wizard and he seems to do everything the rogue does better (and his Life Steal works), but after reading some other threads I'm sure I will get lots of 'my rogue always leads the damage charts' responses. So instead I will ask some mechanics and build questions.

1) Is there a build that is really good for bosses, with super high single target damage? I tried a perma-stealth build but I must be doing something wrong, I definitely don't seem to be in stealth permanently. It feels like every other MMO ever, where some whiners whined about it in PVP and so the class got gimped, and this over course carried over to PVE. Gloaming cut takes freaking forever and only gives you stealth if you finish your target off with it, not sure why people like it.

2) I don't feel like any of our dailies are that great, at least when I compare them to my Control Wizard. So I must not be using them effectively. How does one use Lurker's Assault effectively?

Comments

• Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I have near perma stealth and I regularly deal 40k on lashing blade. I'm sure there are stronger TRs out there, but I seem to do OK with most content. I will probably respec soon using a token I got from the Winter event. Anyway, my PvE TR is Lvl70 2.2IL with Talisman of Shadows, Lurker's Assault, Daze, Shadow Strike or Bait and Switch, and Lashing Blade slotted for max stealth. Get close to target, go into stealth and use Lashing Blade from flank or backstab if possible, then Daze and Shadow Strike to replenish stealth. If lashing blade is still on cooldown, you will have to roll away or dish out at wills. If you roll away, you can use Lurker's to teleport back and get stealth up full again. Against enemies with AoE attacks, better to use Bait and Switch. Drop the clone in a red zone and the stealth meter will get replenished in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    Bait and switch is worthless in PVE if you're running with a group. SB all day for PVE.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    A combat Rogue does way more damage in a dungeon run. Why hit 40K Lashing blades when you can hit for 80-100+.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    How do I get to 80k? I don't have an executioner build. Still upgrading enchants and armor. Only 80k I ever had was with buffs from team. For what it's worth, I play solo 95% of the time.
  • Options
    gyorgdambitgyorgdambit Member Posts: 2 Arc User

A combat Rogue does way more damage in a dungeon run. Why hit 40K Lashing blades when you can hit for 80-100+.

Would you happen to have a link to a build for this combat rogue?

• Options
    hsyakdvgshsyakdvgs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does anyone know if deathknell and last moments stack??? I can't find anything on it :(
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    I have a 3400 tr how to max your dps is based on crit higher crit more crits I mean yea your not gona match up to a gwf or a sw or a cw around ur item level that knows how to play their class (I havn't played my tr since strong holds came out the nerf was way to harsh no one wants to be on bottom of the boards with a high item level
  • Options
    For what it's worth, I respec'ed to the intelligent MI Executioner build and am getting higher dmg now and amazing survivability. Turns out, STR is very important for dmg. And boons help too. Now, with group buffs and good rotations I crit for 120k.
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    With gf and dc buffs i can crit up to 2 mil... I've had attks from duelist flurry hit higher than your crit.

Dailies are what you're missing. Lurkers assault is a straight damage bonus, and it's the only daily you'll need in t1 and t2 dungeons. Get the dc sigil. Get it to mythic if you can. Use lurkers assault on everything. Destroy mobs, adds and bosses.

I use blade flurry on mobs and switch to lashing blade for bosses. Smoke bomb and dazing strike are the other encounters. Duelist flurry is the at will and there's no need for anything else.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I suspect your enchants are far greater than my r9 ones. Most of my gear is blue/purple. I use the powers you mention. Those are my exact rotations, but let's do the math. Lurker's adds 15% dmg. So, if base dmg is around 80k, it won't go up that much, yeah? For that, you need base dmg to be significantly higher, which means much higher crit severity coming from better armor and enchants. I am not even wearing full Elven yet. Will probably get the Underdark armor, or continue to save for dragonflight.

There is no way I am leveling a DC to 70 for a sigil, lol.

Anyway, telling me you can do more damage based on your BiS spec doesn't help. If you care to help, please share the math of how to get to 2mil damage.

Otherwise, I really don't see what I can do differently.
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    I told you what to do differently and you responded that you wouldn't do it.

It's not just lurkers. There are passives that add damage to DAILY use. Find them and base your play off using dailies as much as possible.

Stating "you're BiS and that explains everything" isn't helping you. Every small decision you make matters. Your passives matter, your feats matter, the abilities you have equipped on your main and offhand matter. Every small decision you make in your build is affecting your damage output
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    theres only 1 correct way to max dps no other build comes close 1 personal ffeat that really maters still tweaking ive respect 70+x this week found perfect paragon n encs now im working on the last personal feat ( when my companion procs I get over 14k my lashing blade comes back in 8seconds my dazeing is 4seconds my smoke is also 8seconds cd's I get my dailys very fast as well/I use a snail)
    Post edited by respectpays on