What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starlight parcels drop rate heavily nerfed not in your favor

13»

Comments

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The last 2 days, 64 toons through Winter Festival for parcels. The RNG has been particularly stuck on Retraining Packs (4-5), and Waukeen transmutes (no other transmutes, all Waukeen transmutes). A spattering of other stuff but it is oddly specific to retraining tokens and waukeen the last few days.

Free is free (except for the extras I bought to get 1 toon over 20 faster)...but this definitely feels different.

On the other hand, I have opened less than 20 gift of simrils this year, where as last year I opened them right away. Plan is to get a guild group together with people who have a lot of alts, and have all the alts dump into the Mains. With 30 toons, going to take a while, but should be worth it.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    unitakira said:

the drop rates have been messed with massively, 100 bags and the best i got was an armored orc wolf companion!!! a ton of scarfs and blue junk. last year it was epic companions and the works you had only pop around 10-15 to get some decent goods, now its all blue junk armor and R5 stones.. 100 bucks sunk and a green companion is the best? come on last year was fine but this year its a Scam!!

Ok - your subj line says Starlight Parcels but your note discusses bags - which is it?

If you are talking bags, as in the ones you pull up from Fishing (Green, Blue and Purple quality) - not sure what is supposed to be available but - I've only gotten a few outdated seals (Unicorn and Drake) but nothing else of note - so if that's the complaint, I would agree.

If you are talking about Parcels - I could not agree with you less. I've found the Parcels to be EXTREMELY generous - I've opened well under 100 and I've scored 2 purple companions (battlefield medics) plus 2 purple dwarf scrolls for prospectors/theurges, three green level companions PLUS a blue level (Level 2) Frozen Demon Sled and a variety of free appearnce change items for my class based weapons. The drop rate on parcels (in my experience) for good to very good quality loot is far better than lockboxes (of which I've opened hundreds, across pretty much all the different types available).
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    There are starlight bags you get from other peoples' gifts. They exactly duplicate parcels, and increment the rewards threshold counter, but everything they give is bound to character.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

There are starlight bags you get from other peoples' gifts. They exactly duplicate parcels, and increment the rewards threshold counter, but everything they give is bound to character.

Ok - then that's different from the rewards from Parcels from the store - there, almost everything (except the sled) is open to sell...which I have, thank you very much Cryptic.
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    150k AD from prizes tooday on 6chars, cant complain :D