test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To Protect and to Serve! - PvE Oath of Protection Paladin build [Mod 8]

2»

Comments

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    On PS4 only Lessers and 1 Trans on AH for 12 mil. I made R8 and it looks great, on Lesser it's not visible, I hate the sound and spikes from Shadowclad, kept it for PvP. Am I understanding right that damage from it doesn't change, only chance and cooldown?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Chance, cooldown, number of enemies hit and range. It starts off being up to 3 enemies within 15ft and goes up to 6 enemies within 20ft. I find at trans that it triggers very quickly. The damage is a fixed amount but as he said in the review, it scales with buffs.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @trzebiat

for PVE

sell your shadowclad and go negation

shadowclad has big flaw as armor enchant for tank its stack reset meaning you will lose deflect and damage resistance your armor enchant has built while it is true deflect is good but paladins main stat don't cover for deflect

some will tell you not to get past 10% deflection chance but after 5-6 hits you will lose your stack and you will deflect

on the other hand negation stacks don't reset at trans level you get 1% recovery and incoming healing bonus and that stacks by 10

meaning you will get 10% recovery and 10% bonus incoming healing from healing spells as well as increased damaged resistance

in other words it will allow you to go DPS and help you survive

people used to use shadow clad because they had shadow demon but shadow demon's active bonus is now nerfed and has internal cool down on it for it to activate again

for PVP

Best Enchant for PVP it has cooldown

i am in the process myself switching of switching from shadow clad to negation and difference is noticeable
    ryonas said:

@trzebiat

for PVE

sell your shadowclad and go negation

shadowclad has big flaw as armor enchant for tank its stack reset meaning you will lose deflect and damage resistance your armor enchant has built while it is true deflect is good but paladins main stat don't cover for deflect

some will tell you not to get past 10% deflection chance but after 5-6 hits you will lose your stack and you will deflect

on the other hand negation stacks don't reset at trans level you get 1% recovery and incoming healing bonus and that stacks by 10

meaning you will get 10% recovery and 10% bonus incoming healing from healing spells as well as increased damaged resistance

in other words it will allow you to go DPS and help you survive

people used to use shadow clad because they had shadow demon but shadow demon's active bonus is now nerfed and has internal cool down on it for it to activate again

for PVP

Best Enchant for PVP it has cooldown

i am in the process myself switching of switching from shadow clad to negation and difference is noticeable

I was using Perfect Negation and changed it to Pure Shadowclad for a reason. Negation was putting me way too much over the cap while from Pure Shadowclad I was getting more DR per stack plus bonus to deflect. I have only 8500 defense, around 10.5k with bondings from bonding in defense slot, low deflect, around 10%. With all DR buffs from Prot Oath, Divine Call and Circle of Power (always for bosses) it's already around 80-90% DR. With Protector's Camaraderie and also Shepherd's Devotion from me and DC and high power I often have 20-30k defense and my deflect chance easily goes over 40%. Higher DR per stack matters mostly for engaging the fights before all buffs are up.

Incoming healing from Pure Negation is useless and extra recovery from Trans is not needed, I have around 9.5k recovery with bondings and get extra boost from Artificer's Persuasion. Waste of money to upgrade to Transcendent for that extra recovery, I can see a reason for it with old perma bubble builds with high recovery and that's not a thing anymore.

Now I dropped Shadowclad too and switched to Fireburst for extra damage and I don't even miss that DR. With high damage and Temp HP I get it doesn't make a big difference. I'm doing fine in FBI between bosses without Circle of Power, usually running Sacred Weapon, Smite and Templar's Wrath. On bosses though I use Bane, Circle of Power and Templar's Wrath or stay with previous rotation when running with friend on OP who takes Bane and Circle then.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I agree, I have ~18k defence and 190k HP. My DR is now at 65%, Divine Call gets me to 75%, bonding procs get me to around 85%. CoP for bosses puts me at an over the top 110%.

I use Fireburst simply because Negation and Shadowclad don't do much for me so I may as well go for damage.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Have you considered a Barkshield? Trans gives 4 stacks (80k,60k,40k and 20k) and it regens fairly quickly (3 or 4 seconds. It's one of my treasured possessions right now.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

How does Barkshield look like?