test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: What about Optional slower leveling? Optional less xp from invocations at least?

manulitarmanulitar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Returning player here, last played about 2 years ago, have to say I get a warm and fuzzy feeling about the game, just hearing the music in protectors enclave I remembered so many good things :). Soon to be the fawn Simril Fest time too ;)...
Made a new warlock and very happy about the class pluss new char models, my new thiefling looks hot and allready updated one of my old chars appearance too, cheers for that plus some free gifts I found like the courtesan garb for free!

Dunno If Im the only one who feels this way though: My 1st char to reach 60 (when it was cap) got there largely from doing skirmishes, dungeons, foundry and invocations, was in a guild at the time, also doing lots of festivals and events stuff when those happened..
I really felt sad that a lot, well rly most of the zones stories just flew by, often I started something interesting and was overleved in a jiffy from doing something else. Also had (well still have now ) alts who just seemed to stand there invoking or doing some skirms and allready leveling waaay too fast for me, never to see hardly any zones.
What if there was some sort of an optional usable item or something to make you not gain so fast xp? Or an option to choose either xp or some other small reward from invocation- maybe even from quests? Id be happy with an option to just skip xp with no "compensation" XD!
I`m pretty sure Ive actually seen such an "xp reduce" item during my MMO playing time somewhere, cant remember wich game though, an older gamer lol.
But this game could rly use it, well, being D&D after all, having some story to it not to mention the foundry, plus the zones quests are nice and different if you could just take your time through them :).
Of course there could also be the " level down to the zone" option some new mmos use, but maybe more difficult to implement?

Cheers, happy upcoming happy holidays all!

Comments

• mlcxsmlcxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    why not... they can put it along the experience boosters in zen store... that way seens fair to all the players...
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Once you get past 60, levelling is a *lot* slower, almost a different game. As for alts invoking, you're not really required to. I do agree that levelling from 1-60 is very fast, and the last time I did a new character I missed maybe a third of the zones I saw on my first character. They could slow that down *some*.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

They should level out the curve with the inhumane 60-70 grind. Put the major grind on the front end and make it easier to get from 60-70.

+1
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    Making all XP boosts optional would be good.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Can we please make this bonus optional? It is making me level up too fast.
    Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on