test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Icy the Snow Troll

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
Just in time for the Winter Festival, check out

Icy the Snow Troll (NW-DN6RJGT3B)

I hope you enjoy it!
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Ran this quest earlier! I loved it! :) 5 stars!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Icy the Snow Troll

I played with my level 70 DC. I thought this was a nice continuation of this campaign. It was well put together and I only have minor edits to suggest in the notes below.

Village Festival:

-Ryder looks oddly out of proportion. I think his torso might be too long.
    -In Ryder’s conversation “he came to life” might work better as “He came to life!
    -the decorations in the village are nice but you may want to add some other architecture or larger details to make is look different from the Icewind Pass map.
    -I like the brimstone cloud around the tracks

The Abyss

-the lore about the Abyss was nice
    -one of the braziers early in the path is set into the stone, it looked almost on purpose but that is the only one like that.
    -you may want the Lost Cleric to vanish on the dialogue prompt that allows him to leave
    -singing to the barrier was fun
    -I like the details in the Abyss, it is tough to make cavern maps interesting

Back to the Village:

-the goblin tents and the supports to the cage are floating off the ground. Did you have snap to grid checked when you copied the map, by chance? That will do this.
    -it is a good idea to have the invisible walls to keep people from getting over to the PVP area of the map, but you may want to also cover it with the Dale rocks and other details it visually wall it off as well.
    -not sure if hat details show on trolls, but if so it might be nice to have one on the dancing Icy
    -instead of just pressing F to return at the end, maybe the Dungeon Master could summon a portal or something a little more thematic?
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    melinden said:

I played with my level 70 DC. I thought this was a nice continuation of this campaign. It was well put together and I only have minor edits to suggest in the notes below.

Thanks for your thoughts! I'll try and make some updates tonight.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min