test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

English Speaking Tech Support?

agamerx360agamerx360 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Could someone that can read/speak English please followup on this ARC support ticket:

151214-000666

All I get is a canned response saying that I violated terms, which I did NOT! No doubt it was an auto-ban hammer that triggered, and it would seem that the support that followed up is unable to read English. Or perhaps didn't take the time to read it and verify. If needed, I can provide email messages from ARC support that indicate that we would not get banned.

Or, even better, how about you fix the game so that we wouldn't have to resort to finding our own work-arounds.

- - - - - - -
-
Situation: a Friend's mailbox (character & gamertag indicated in the support ticket) has been broken for at least 6 months now, making his Astral Diamonds almost worthless to him -- considering he is unable to purchase or sell anything in the auction house. So, for the past few months he has been trading the non-bound items to me (and other guild mates) to sell, and we then purchase items for him and trade them back to him. Quite a hassle, but it works.

However, he still earns AD from daily activities and from salvaging the bound gear he doesn't need. Over the past few months he has accumulated quite a bit of AD. One option is for him to buy stuff from the Wondrous Bazaar, trade it to us, then we sell it, and then purchase his item, and trade it to him. Takes a while, and not the best option since the AH can be quite cutthroat on those commodity items.

So, he asked ARC support if he could transfer his AD via the AH by having us list a trivial item (say a potion) for a high AD buyout, and then he would buy it. Even at a 10% loss, it is probably better than what we would get going the Bazaar route. So, that is what we did... And BAM! I get insta-auto-ban-hammered for "for purchasing Astral Diamonds from a third-party site".

I had a hunch that was going to be the case, even with assurances from ARC support, so I politely explained the situation on the support ticket. Either the person is unable to read/speak english, or they didn't bother to take the time to actually verify that the person I got the AD from has been coping with ARC's inability to fix his mailbox... For over 6 months. We have emails from ARC support that specifically indicates that this would be allowed, and I have no problem posting them, including the support ID's, so that you can either fix my ban, or make sure this ARC support person doesn't continue telling people to do things that will result in their accounts getting banned.

We have been playing this game since day-one. First and only time we have been banned is when doing something we were specifically told we could go by ARC support.

If I get another auto-formatted "you violated the terms" message, it will basically be a slap in the face and ARC support telling us to just go away. It is irritating that ARC is unable to fix his mailbox. It is irritating that we have to come up with workarounds to help him out. And it is insulting that we get banned for something that we specifically asked about BEFORE we even did it.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'm sorry you are having issues with support, but unfortunately they don't really allow support issues to be discussed on these forums. My suggestion to you is to politely respond to your ticket and ask that your ticket be escalated. Be polite, that part is key, but do not give up until you have gotten a response that doesn't seem like it's from a template. This is the only thing I have to suggest.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.