test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wiki Editing Contest (12/15-1/15)

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
In our continued partnership with Gamepedia, we're hosting a wiki editing contest where three winners will be chosen by the Gamepedia team to win a Dragonborn Legend Pack. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9701683

This contest is open to both PC and Xbox players.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Hi @strumslinger ,

is this Dragonborn Legend Pack compatible with the one already purchased from the Zen Store?
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    This is a great promotion! I have relied on the wiki heavily since playing the game, particularly in the beginning, and it can definitely use some updating for the new content. I've always been scared to do any editing there, might be enough to push me into it. :smile:
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    So people who already have the Dragonborn Legend pack have no incentive to update the wiki beyond having an updated wiki?
    Therefore, the wiki will be primarily updated by new players and people who can't/won't spend money on the game.
    Sounds good.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

So people who already have the Dragonborn Legend pack have no incentive to update the wiki beyond having an updated wiki?
    Therefore, the wiki will be primarily updated by new players and people who can't/won't spend money on the game.
    Sounds good.

Sounds like Cryptic to me.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    From the contest page:
    Each editor will receive two keys, one for each platform.
    So if you win, you can potentially trade your key to someone you trust for other in-game goodies, or even trade your spare key, I guess, cause most people don't play both platforms. (If you win, do not sell your key for anything outside the game, as that is a violation of the EULA).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    It would be nice to have the wiki catch up with the game. Though I'm wondering
    about the quality of the coding for new people... and certain others.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • shinlogoslokiyoshinlogoslokiyo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I am severely tempted to edit now.
  • geetheblueskygeethebluesky Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Question for the devs:

Is correcting formatting, spelling/grammar, factual errors of existing contents etc. worthy of a contest entry, or are you looking solely for an injection of new content?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited December 2015
    The devs are not the ones judging this. Curse Gamepedia has it's own people that will be judging it.

From the Editing contest rules page:
    Edits will only count if they make some kind of real contribution to the wiki
    So yes, they do need stuff to be "worthy of a contest entry".

Sounds good.

They have changed the prizes, you can now choose between a Dragonborn Legend pack or a Lord's Armored Polar Bear mount if you win.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • qazpllpzaqqazpllpzaq Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    When it states in the requirements "All edits must be made while logged in." do they mean logged in game on Neverwinter or logged in on the wiki so they can record it.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I've tried to add a few pages to the WIKI (and it is missing a lot - look at http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Marketplace item list). The first few issues I've quickly noticed which turned me down on my path:
    1) it's impossible to acquire proper art work for the articles on Xbox - all I get from screen captures and videos is low quality - besides am I allowed to - copyright-wise?
    2) there is too little in terms of onboarding for the new editors. e.g. I had to google up that I need to manually add /Tooltip to the page name to create a tooltip.
    3) what's the general approach to mark the content which is only available on PC vs. Xbox? Any examples?
    If these problems are somewhat addressed adding more content to that WIKI would be a snap.
    Post edited by randomdigits#2166 on
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    dup
    Post edited by randomdigits#2166 on
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

I've tried to add a few pages to the WIKI (and it is missing a lot - look at http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Marketplace item list). The first few issues I've quickly noticed which turned me down on my path:
    1) it's impossible to acquire proper art work for the articles on Xbox - all I get from screen captures and videos is low quality - besides am I allowed to - copyright-wise?
    2) there is too little in terms of onboarding for the new editors. e.g. I had to google up that I need to manually add /Tooltip to the page name to create a tooltip.
    3) what's the general approach to mark the content which is only available on PC vs. Xbox? Any examples?
    If these problems are somewhat addressed adding more content to that WIKI would be a snap.

1) Feel free to take any images we post on arcgames.com or our social media.
    2) Here's a help page: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Help:Contents
    3) I think simply mentioning that it's for PC or Xbox in the beginning should be good enough. "Xbox: This differs in this way."

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• allicendreallicendre Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Hi there,

Here comes my contribution:
    An Underdark Strategic Guide in english and french (native language).

Links :
    EN : http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Underdark_Strategic_Guide
    FR : http://neverwinter-fr.gamepedia.com/Guide_stratégique_pour_l'Underdark

I might add some more in the coming days.

Have a nice day.
  • yopukoyopuko Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Will the winners be announced to everyone or just those who won will receive an email?
    Discord - Enyolius | IGN - Enyo @ Yopuko (NWPC)
    yopuko said:

Will the winners be announced to everyone or just those who won will receive an email?

You will have to ask the people who are throwing the contest, I think.
    kuI2v8l.png