test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

145 rings and counting

rivodus07rivodus07 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
So when is this epic twisted weapon or off hand going to drop from the epic demogorgon fight? I have enough rings to make The Mandarin jealous.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    But you still don't have the ring that rules them all. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User

Don't make me go all Sauron on you!

:p
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    They do drop already... I got both the off hand and the main as drops but I count that as extreme luck.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Wait until you buy your MH/OH with ichors. Then they will start dropping like candy. Which isn't bad if you have same class alts I guess.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I do, I got mine in the LOTR Monopoly game.

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

Wait until you buy your MH/OH with ichors. Then they will start dropping like candy. Which isn't bad if you have same class alts I guess.

Exactly why I am waiting for all 40 ichors before buying both weapons at the same time. With number of runs needed to get both, there is a decent chance that one will drop.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ive yet to see one drop.. and Ive run alot as well.. near 100 so far. So if you got a set in that amount of runs, you won rng.

• misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 194 Arc User
    I've got my offhand on my third run. Still had to earn the mainhand, and no orange rings so far

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    nevermind
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Well....our guild makes guild runs in edemo. Every day at the same time we make 2 runs, at the weekend we make 10 or more runs per day. I counted it. Our guild ( 2x 5 player grp. Easy to join as a 10 player grp if you wait and everyone is in TS) made excactly 38 runs in edemo till now. We made 35 with gold and 3 with silver. That means we had 380 chances. And ofc no one got a legendary ring. Seems to be a good drop rate.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    kvet said:

if anyone had them, they wouldn't really be "legendary" anymore.

What like legendary mainhands? Lets gate those behind insane RNG too.

Heck, lets make it a .1% chance for success (that you can't use coal wards on) with a 20 minute cooldown . That way they'd be about as rare as legendary rings.

I'm sure that would go over really well.

I8r4ux9.jpg
    tousseau said:

I'll have to take another look at them... the ones that I see drop (+1 & 2) mostly, seem rather meh...

+4 rings are (relatively) easy to get and can be better than personalized rings depending on what stats you're prioritizing.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

+4 rings are (relatively) easy to get and can be better than personalized rings depending on what stats you're prioritizing.

Nop...only +5 legendarys are better than personalized ones.

• kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    I got a +5 Ring yesterday doing the one skirmish with thoon hulks. It's a ring that gives something like 125 regeneration everytime you are hit, or you hit. Cant remember exactly. But it seems like a horrible ring, I cant imagine ever wearing it on my TR much less any other class. Why would anyone use a +regen ring in combat? Especially when you could be wearing a different better ring.
    Only good ones are the +5 power and the +5 krit.
    edited December 2015
    blinxon said:

urabask said:

Nop...only +5 legendarys are better than personalized ones.

Nope? A personalized ring nets me 394 arp, 394 power, an offensive slot, and a defensive slot. I don't care about the defensive slot. I have 99k HP already I don't need any more for the current content. I've got 7200 arp so I don't care about the arp. So switching to the rising power ring +4 and rising precision ring +4 nets me 362 power and 1150 crit.
    kurtb88 said:

I got a +5 Ring yesterday doing the one skirmish with thoon hulks. It's a ring that gives something like 125 regeneration everytime you are hit, or you hit. Cant remember exactly. But it seems like a horrible ring, I cant imagine ever wearing it on my TR much less any other class. Why would anyone use a +regen ring in combat? Especially when you could be wearing a different better ring.

On the plus side it counts as 12500 points towards surplus equipment if you dump it to the mimic.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    I have given my HR a +4 Ring of Brutality. When combined with the Twisted Weapon Set, I have found that the 3840 Power he gets from 24 stacks of Bloodlust (from the Weapon Set Bonus, easy to maintain by pinging lots of arrows all the time) combined with the 8 seconds of +4000 Power he gets from the ring every 30 seconds when in battle makes for a really useful combination. A +5 version of the ring would be nice but I'm not going to lose sleep over those extra 2 seconds of Power :)
    urabask said:

Nope?

Yes. Depends on class.
    edited December 2015
    blinxon said:

urabask said:

Nope?

Yes. Depends on class.
    Which is why in my initial post I said it depends on what stats you're prioritizing ...

Whereas in your post you said that only +5s are better than personalized when this really isn't the case.

I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

Whereas in your post you said that only +5s are better than personalized when this really isn't the case.

Its the case. No epic ring is better than the personalized ones. If you play pvp you can use the new rings. But in pve they still crappy.
    edited December 2015
    blinxon said:

urabask said:

Its the case. No epic ring is better than the personalized ones. If you play pvp you can use the new rings. But in pve they still crappy.
    Look, I Just went over with you why they can be better. If you don't need the defensive stats and can get stacks up quickly they're just objectively worse than a +4 ring by ~400 stats. And the thing is in the case of the crit ring there is no personalized ring that gives crit.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    blinxon said:

urabask said:

Seriously ? I gave my HR a +4 Ring of Brutality and, if I'm lucky enough to get another one, I will be giving it to my CW to replace one of his Personalized Adamant Rings of Piercing. I have no idea how much use these are in PVP as I only do PVE. The damage boost it has given my HR is far from crappy. So, it is only there for 8 seconds in every 30. I don't see that as a problem.

The ring I will, hopefully, be replacing on my CW has:

Equip: +394 Power
    Equip: +394 Armor Penetration
    Offense: +280 Critical Strike (Azure Rank 8)
    Defense: +280 Life Steal (Dark Rank 8)

The +4 Ring of Brutality being wielded by my HR has:

Equip: +4000 Power for 8 seconds every 30 seconds in combat
    Offense: +150 Power and Critical Strike (Brutal Rank 8)

Please explain how the Personalized ring is better than the Brutality ring in any way, shape or form in PVE because I honestly cannot see it myself.

• kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    qexotic said:

blinxon said:

urabask said:

Seriously ? I gave my HR a +4 Ring of Brutality and, if I'm lucky enough to get another one, I will be giving it to my CW to replace one of his Personalized Adamant Rings of Piercing. I have no idea how much use these are in PVP as I only do PVE. The damage boost it has given my HR is far from crappy. So, it is only there for 8 seconds in every 30. I don't see that as a problem.

Please explain how the Personalized ring is better than the Brutality ring in any way, shape or form in PVE because I honestly cannot see it myself.

Perhaps test it. shoot a target dummy with your at-will power for 30 seconds wearing each ring, and record the dmg done.
    Then compare the results. I don't know what the outcome will be but I am curious.
    edited December 2015
    kurtb88 said:

qexotic said:

blinxon said:

urabask said:

Perhaps test it. shoot a target dummy with your at-will power for 30 seconds wearing each ring, and record the dmg done.
    Then compare the results. I don't know what the outcome will be but I am curious.
    I suppose I could do that...but it would cut in to my ice-fishing time :) For now, my purely subjective observations tell me that when I am pinging arrows with Split Shot at mobs/what-have-you and the Ring of Brutality notice flashes up the damage numbers appearing on screen increase from around 7k-15k to around 25k-40k (probably crit hits as the orange numbers are the ones I tend to notice). To me that seems like a significant bonus, so I'll be sticking with it for the time being.
  • bloodr41nbloodr41n Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    From personal experience, most encounters in PVE don't last longer than 20 sec. If you would have +5 rings, that would mean 50% uptime. (I have +4's myself)

However, the faster you get mobs below 50% hitpoints, the more damage you deal, depending on your build.
    Because of that, the +4 and or +5 rings seem to be a much better choice IMO.

Oh and the +4's are really good and relatively easy to obtain.
    No way you can get jewelry leveled up quickly, but grinding for +4's can be done!