test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat ideas

l1yevl1yev Member Posts: 81 Arc User
This is an idea specifically for the developers and the Arc company, not a lot of people play tiamat since mod 5.

We lost a lot of players since mod6 because the game was different, harder, we lost more than half the dungeons etc etc the point is that there's a lot of new players who don't even know about Tiamat or how it goes but since it's so new and strange and people are off doing the new campaigns and pvp there's no one out there to beat Tiamat or teach new players how to correctly fight Tiamat and complete it now etc etc.

My suggestion isn't to nerf Tiamat at all but to actually put up a few products in the Zen market so that you as a company can earn a bit of money and give players the incentive to try Tiamat again.

My ideas would be to sell a Tiamat specific buff, either massive health, dmg buff, defense buff, or a combination of the those, or maybe even a type of one use consumable flash bomb or a push bomb specifically for assisting on defending the clerics, these consumables could only be used in Tiamat or else they wouldn't work, let's call them Elministers last stand or something.

Lastly since no one's even bothering with the tyranny of dragons campains anymore and not opening up the tiers in the well of Dragons anymore why not sell an item in the Zen market to boost up the tiers just like dragon hoard coins or the coffers do, except it be worth 1500 points for the hoard, basically it would buy you 1 linu favor.

You guys have such things for strongholds why not a few other such things for the other campaigns?

500 zen to buy the equivalent of 1500 points towards the well of Dragons hoard, yeah I'd buy that, I'd buy more too if I wanted maybe extra for the artifact gear too.

I'd say maybe between 200-300 Zen for some sort of 1 use consumable buff in tiamat, and 300-500 Zen on those Tiamat specific flash bombs or push bombs.

Yeah I'd totally buy a couple of each, I'm sure others would too. Combined would probably give everyone incentives to start up and do the tyranny of dragons campain and try and finish and complete Tiamat.

This would make you guys money so why not.

As a side note buffing up the boons a wee bit in the tyranny of dragons would also give an extra incentive, especially since the later boons require a loooooooot of linus favors, which btw some people would just outright buy those points to get linus favor right off the bat.

Money for you!

And incentive creative way to think about tyranny of dragons, this idea could work for the other campaigns as well.

Comments

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    nooooo nerf it or make it last longer. don't sell it straight out. that would sap the fun out of it entirely.
  • Options
    This idea isn't for players it's for the gamemakers and it's an incentive for them.

You seem to forget they are a business and since thier game is free to play they need money for upkeep and debugging and to stay online, or have you forgotten.

It's not a lot, just a couple of boosts/buffs it's not a huuuge game changer there it's just a little somethin somethin for the players and gives them a wee bit money.

Lastly I imagine it would cost them a whole lot less in programming and redesigning to make a buff than to rework all of Tiamat just to nerf it, or did u even bother to think about the big picture.

Come on don't be like how everyone was with Destiny, everyone cried about it having certain OP weps and they Nerfed a whole lot of stuff trying to keep peeps happy and no one was happy, they just threw the nerf hammer around.

This game is an MMO STRATEGY game, go look up info tweak, ur build, the game is as it should be, Tiamat IS endgame content, it is meant to be hard.

However for those people who refuse to adapt or don't know how, there is an option, which would be my ideas, and even if you personally choose not to purchase it, it benefits all anyways, just like how a person with VIP12 benefits thier party etc etc.

Like the stronghold boost/items that you buy from the Zen market... Its an option not a must.

Complain all you want but they are a business and they do need money and these ideas do not change the actual gameplay/programming a whole lot compared to nerfing the whole fight.

Castle Never was endgame content and it was hard for new players but when you get a strategy going you could speed run it legitimately in like 20 minites, same goes for Tiamat. Except everyone is doing the new campaigns and new players don't know how to play Tiamat correctly... That's not an in game issue Thats just laziness, not bothering to pre prep look up guides or fix ur builds or get better gear etc etc.

I keep checking up on Tiamat every once in awhile and just like in mod 5 the biggest problem is people not knowing how to use the frikken Dragon gem stones... That there is lack of knowledge.

This game has no instructions, u better look it up or ask for info. However if u would rather be stubborn n not do any of that, buying a buff/boost thats perfect for you, plus helps you out even if you do know what you're doing, it helps carry the whole team through Tiamat not a lot, but it's somethin.
  • Options
    amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Keep in mind also that the coffer resets EVERYDAY now. It doesn't last a week like before
  • Options
    myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    its a weekly quest (add to coffer)- and it takes the usual player a few days at best to bet the Coffers ect up (if you used all of them last week to get a Linu's favor)- why would they reset it each day- NOBODY will EVER get it to 100% that way...
  • Options
    I think u might be mistaken this forum this is the Xbox one version, and even if it did reset daily buying a special "coffer" from Da Zen market that gives 1500 points would make it easier to open up more tiers in tWoD

Some people would drop actual money on the game outright orrr people who have figured out how to earn and survive and make thier own money would also still Prolly buy it, but it wouldn't be a necessity just a wee boost
  • Options
    amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Im talking about the percentage meter that builds to go from 0 to 1 to 2 etc. That resets everyday now. Don't ask me why. Pay attention you'll see
  • Options
    Hmm when did they do that? I suppose that explains why I always see the tiers at 0... A few weeks ago I saw it up at 25% or so
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    It's been probably at least a month now. it's got to be a mistake. and weirdly.. after not seeing a win since mod 6 dropped.. I saw wins all day long. I had six wins today? What is that right? the people looked the same..
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    l1yev said:

500 zen to buy the equivalent of 1500 points towards the well of Dragons hoard, yeah I'd buy that.

You can already buy coffer donation items worth 1500 points today at about 300 Zen give or take.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

It's been probably at least a month now. it's got to be a mistake. and weirdly.. after not seeing a win since mod 6 dropped.. I saw wins all day long. I had six wins today? What is that right? the people looked the same..

What happened is similar to the PC version and why rather then nerfing the difficulty of tiamat they should simply add the option for 25 people to queue together, you ran into an organised group of people @thefiresidecat who were all trying to run together. They took advantage of every trick they could to simultaneously queue together and the result is, when organised groups get into tiamat, they can burn her down and nuke her during phase 1 of the fight, then swap to another instance and burn her down again. Tiamat is what I like to call artificial difficulty, its not actually difficult, the difficulty only seems to exist because you cannot guarantee you running with 25 good players rather then with 25 randoms. When you run with 25 good players, its a piece of cake.
  • Options
    Yeah I know you can buy the equivalent of 1500 worth of points in coffers but that's from the players with no monetary benefit to the game makers that and the prices of those coffers, Dragon coins, or Dragon empire treasures they all fluctuate, you could easily buy up the cheapest coffers but the prices go up exponentially after that and at which point youd spend millions if say you wanted 15 linus favors.

This isn't just about buyable points for the hoard tiers tho... Its about also buying a wee buff or consumable specifically for Tiamat for those new players who are too stubborn to look up a guide or strategy or don't know how... Or even just to make it a tiny bit easier with more knowledgeable crews.

And yea I keep looking at those coffers coins they're decently cheap the 1st couple pages but the price goes steeply up.
  • Options
    myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    it would be easy to nerf it a bit- just go in and change where it says Tiamat heads have a Gazillion HP and lower the number to a number that is 15% less each- like nearly a Gazillion...LOL
    I believe that another issue is that her resistance is nearly 80% instaed of the arm pen 60%
    thats OK- she is a tough girl- queen of dragons
    -comparing this to Castle Never isnt good analogy:
    castle never was beat on 1st attempt by me and gildies (3 boss tries and a win!)
    umm, and I had a 10200 GS then with still 2 blue weapons - try tha twith Tiamat
    -nosir -now we are up to EPIC and still not a good chance at a win- unless you get in when "those guys" are playing and happen to get into thier instance- I guess
    -I have had about 10 tries at Tiamat in the new mod- only once were we 2 heads away- others were a wash or only get 2 down total- and we mostly ALL know the strategy now- its just not do-able
    BTW- I have more than 50 wins each across 6 tunes- BEFORE the new mod: 0 after...HMMMM
    -I get its "end game" castle never was too at the time- and may come back again, but you must be talking about end game in 2 years when we are all built up from the next 3 mods- thats what it feels like...
    before we hoped for "no idiots" in the run )you know : correct color on each head- bla bla)
    now aparently we pray to hopefully chime in when the big dogs run it and hope to be in thier instance
    I would say " its ALOT different" now
    -Id still like to hear that the DEVs and MODs ran it with 2300 IS level players (NOT in god mode) and defeated it..
    -Ill give you ALL afternoon to try guys...
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Actually a whole lot of players do not know how to run Tiamat now, you seem to forget the game lost a looooooot of old players and gained a lot of new ones since mod5 who don't know how to play Tiamat, the only way they'd learn proper technique is if they won and finished and repeated, it alas can't with inexperienced players, it's a vicious circle really for the newbies.

The analogy of CN to Tiamat wasn't supposed to be equal value of thier challenges it was to be about strategy and for those people who clearly didnt know the strategy to either, not everyone is as gifted as you on CN a whole lot of 10k GS's struggled on CN. The analogy was supposed to tell you about the Learnng curve on CN and it's strategy, meaning the learing curve on CNs strategy is basically the same as Tiamat, i.e. once you learn the strategy, build yourself up, learn tactics, better builds, get better gears etc etc you do those runs with far better ease. That there was the point of the CN Tiamat analogy, and it's perfectly legitimate.

You are running off topic, this isn't a let's nerf Tiamat thread, this is a thread in favor of developing buffs or consumables or special coffers to buy off the Zen market to make the game developers a bit of money and help teams beat Tiamat and open up tiers easier to help new or knowledgeable players.

You complain of Tiamat having Soo much more defense and requiring so much more armor penetration having sooomuch more HP...

You're forgetting...

1. You're a lvl 70 now you got so much more going for you, use your character class to the best ability (look up mod6 builds if you have to, mod6 aint no mod5.... so adapt)

2. You're not going solo against this dragon, up to 25 people are throwing debuffs on the dragons, dmg buffs on the players, and also using artifacts. Potentially if 25 people who were experienced and throwing good buffs around and had good builds you'd have easily waaay more than 60% or even 80% armor pen that you just claimed, at any given time.

3. You have waaaaaaay better gear now, enchants go to rank 12, better gear is cheaper to get, so get new stuff if you are struggling, or get upgrades.

4. Stat caps no longer exists which means you no longer have diminishing returns, if you choose to raise your armor penetration outrageously high you can do just that, so what if you 'd have to keep a separate Tiamat gear set just so you don't swap around gems, people keep separate PVE and PVP sets, why not a Tiamat endboss content set.

Tiamat is exactly the same, exact same strategy, but all those new players dont know that syrategy. She's only level appropriate for us now since we are all level 70's now and are all buffed up, the only real difference from mod 6 to mod 5 is that no one is winning because we are all waiting for the inexperienced to catch up on the strategy. I remember when mod6 first dropped and omg them epic dungeons seemed sooo hard, even hard if you had a bubble pally, but now a couple months later it's a cinch, no pally necessary, full dps too if you're good enough.

People havn't adapted to Tiamat yet cuz they have no strategy or experience for it.

Btw it's not nice to call inexperienced players "idiots" where are your manners.

The devs would Prolly easily win it... You know why? Cuz they know the strategy, know the ins and out of the game, classes, and builds, but also because if they all played together and not with randomss they'd all be able to coordinate properly and get it done. Plus I bet they could do it with minimum item level characters, or at least a healthy mix of high and low.

You are playing with inexperienced randoms, what else do you expect... Cookies?
    Post edited by l1yev on