test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New player needs some help ^_^

Hello m8s i am new in the game and i have a gf, but every1 told me to make a GWF cause he has more dmg for sure and can be a great tank as well! The fact is that i don't know what to pick i mean race, attributes (what to max what not to), skill distribution and feats! All in all i am so new and noob in the game and i need ur help my friends :)! I would appreciate if some1 could send me a useful guide so as to help me out with all these :) Thnx in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    innovating#4805 innovating Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Hello and thnx m8 :) is this build still viable? cause it is from 2014
  • Options
    thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    This build is from mod 6, post stat curve and enchantment level changes. The only thing that would need updating would be the artifact weapon choices. The drowned set would be best for defense, and probably twisted for a more offensive build.

Theven original post was from 2014, but was updated in 2015.
  • Options
    innovating#4805 innovating Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Oh ok so i can follow it dirrectly without any change in feats, stats and skill tree?
  • Options
    johnjohniiijohnjohniii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 108 Arc User
    note, you will not be a tank. in high end content if you charge into a group of baddies you'll get leveled really quick. I've never seen a decent dps gwf that could tank. just my two cents.
  • Options
    johnjohniiijohnjohniii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 108 Arc User

@johnjohniii what are you talking about?

There are several more of those pve gwf who can handle it solo themselves!

fair enough... let me rephrase... until your item level is crazy high you will not be able to effectively tank. even the video above shows 1 gwf with a pretty high item level (i'm guessing) fighting the spider queen. it does not show any tanking at all. a tank is about pulling and holding agro from the more squishy group members. surviving is not the same as being a tank. last night i ran tiamat. i was ranked #1. my item level isn't that great but i had an AWESOME tank with me. he agro'd tons of baddies and grouped them up nicely for me to put down. plus, he stayed alive while he did it. at one point he died having pulled too much agro. i was down about 4 seconds later.